I hear the Xbox series x fan

Discus and support I hear the Xbox series x fan in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I hear the Xbox series x fan when I'm quiet, and the fan is definitely not loud just able to hear a little bit. Is it problem?... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by marcikaa78, Feb 11, 2023.

1. marcikaa78
    marcikaa78 Guest

I hear the Xbox series x fan when I'm quiet, and the fan is definitely not loud just able to hear a little bit. Is it problem?

:)

marcikaa78, Feb 11, 2023
  2. Jonny306 Win User

Hello there!

My name is Jonny and I will be the Independent Advisor for Microsoft assisting you today!

First, thank you so much for contacting us regarding your concern. I do look forward to resolving this problem together! :)

This will not be a problem. You may find that it increases speed and gets more noticeable when games are being installed or larger games are being played that require more power such as games like Red Dead Redemption 2.

It will only be a problem if the console is powering down due to overheating.
  3. NOVA1989 Win User

Electrical noise when off? (Instant on is off)

Xbox Series X - even with the console fully shut down, if I place my ear at the top I can hear a buzz like there’s a current. No fan spinning etc.
  4. Obsessive Power Win User

Xbox Series S Fan isn't humming like normal.

So usually when I play on my series s the fan makes a loudish noise....
    The Series S, just like the Series X is designed to be quite, in normal gaming (even when play X|S optimised games) the Series S fan should not be audible. It should be pretty much silent.

Have you changed the location of where your console is located? These consoles get warm (hot even), this is normal. So their location is actually more important than hearing the fan spinning.
  5. Ross Duckering Win User

Xbox Series S / Excessive fan noise.

Thanks for your reply,

Do you hear your fan over gaming?

If I’m offered a replacement or refund I may just pay the extra for the series x.

Does anyone with a series s know if the fan should be as loud as described above? Can’t see this being normal, plus it’s intermittent.
  6. MateusFontana Win User

Xbox series X fan is noisy

I understand, as this noise, you're hearing is not normal to happen, the Xbox Series X is extremely silent both in installing games and running them. This problem you are having may be something regarding the console fan that could only be resolved with the repair.
Thema:

1. I hear the Xbox series x fan - Similar Threads - hear series fan

2. Why cant i hear any characters in Fallout 4 on xbox s series?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why cant i hear any characters in Fallout 4 on xbox s series?: I have installed Fallout 4 a few times now with GamePass on my xbox s series and every time i do i cant get the audio for the characters to work, unless i pause the game in between every sentence,...
  3. How can I hear and talk to people without wearing a headset on Xbox series s

in XBoX on Consoles
    How can I hear and talk to people without wearing a headset on Xbox series s: How can I talk and hear people without actually having to wear a headset on Xbox series as digital I was playing Madden and I could hear the guy talking through my TV and he didn't have a headset...
  4. Why do I have to power cycle my xbox series S every time I join a party just so I can hear...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why do I have to power cycle my xbox series S every time I join a party just so I can hear...: I feel like I have tried Every trouble shoot that I can find on Microsoft support about audio, privacy, Nat type, headphones and I'm still having to power cycle my console to be able to hear my...
  5. I’m playing rainbow six on Xbox series X, I’m able to start party chats and hear and talk...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I’m playing rainbow six on Xbox series X, I’m able to start party chats and hear and talk...: I’m trying to play rainbow six with friends on PlayStation. But it shows their mic box grey and I’m unable to change any setting that would allow me to hear them, pleaseeee help. This has been...
  6. My Xbox series s audio and music is greyed out I have wireless headset I can hear sound...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox series s audio and music is greyed out I have wireless headset I can hear sound...: My Xbox series s has suddenly started having audio issues , the setting is greyed out and I can’t change the mixer levels 2cf14985-600e-4894-be48-fe82e3316d49
  7. Xbox Series S Borderlands 3 black screen after waking up TV but can hear the Xbox/game sounds

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series S Borderlands 3 black screen after waking up TV but can hear the Xbox/game sounds: I have an Xbox Series S and I am playing Borderlands 3. I have been playing this game for years without this issue. I do not recall doing any updates recently, but I know everything is up to do...
  8. I can’t hear any sou d other then party chat and in game party chat on my xbox series s

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I can’t hear any sou d other then party chat and in game party chat on my xbox series s: For some reason i can’t hear any sound, i have tried everything, audio setting, chat mixer, unplugging and plugging my headset back in, tried different controller to plug into but i still can’t...
  9. People can't hear me when I use discord on my Xbox Series S

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    People can't hear me when I use discord on my Xbox Series S: Hi, when I use discord on my Xbox series S everything works as it should except for my audio. I can perfectly hear my friends but they can't hear me. My headsets works perfectly in any other...
  10. Xbox series s makes noise that aren’t coming from the fan, and you can also hear it when...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series s makes noise that aren’t coming from the fan, and you can also hear it when...: I just got myself an Xbox for the first time off my life and coming from ps4 it’s definitely a huge improvement playing on a series s, the console is much more quiet but I can still hear it, the...