I have updates for a game I dont own on my xbox, how do I get rid of them?

Discus and support I have updates for a game I dont own on my xbox, how do I get rid of them? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I have updatse for farcry 6 but have never owned the game. I dont know how to get rid of the updates or why they are there.... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Will_knight, Feb 6, 2023.

1. Will_knight
    Will_knight Guest

I have updatse for farcry 6 but have never owned the game. I dont know how to get rid of the updates or why they are there.

:)

Will_knight, Feb 6, 2023
  2. Rostom L Win User

Hi! I'm Rostom, an Independent Advisor. I will be glad to help you here.

Just to confirm, are you using an Xbox console? Which model or version?

The game must be installed on your Xbox. Have you gone through your My games & apps section and highlight the game > press menu button on your controller > Uninstall?
  3. TechSGT1 Win User

How do I get rid of this update?

Actually, I hated the new update at first, but once you get used to it, it becomes easier: I just wish there was a way to increase the time the XBOX 1 controller stays "ON" and lit, so that you don't have to manually reactivate it every 5-7 minutes.

As far as gestures: I know that some people like this, but I can give you a few reasons why they were bad:

1. ANYONE who was in front of the Kinect sensor could make the machine do what they wanted, instead of me, and could just YELL "Xbox Go Home" as loud as they could, and mess with the experience - and if they moved their hands just right, BOOM - I have to
    restart, pause, whatever I am doing.....

2. Having Cerebral Palsy, I prefer the removal of the gestures, because my hands sometimes end up right in the sight of the sensor, and I could pause or rewind the action BY ACCIDENT - being spastic means sometimes bo9dy movements are unintentional. People
    who have problems like this probably DO like that, because gestures can mess them up.

3. When I play online with a friend, sometimes I have to make sure that I have my Mute my Kinect Sensor, because when I private chat with the Kinect Mic On, I can Say "Xbox, GO HOME" Or something else, and my friends Xbox does it - Which is unintentional
    - so I will say <hey Friend's Name> Have your Machine go to the home screen" and HE will do it - sometimes the Kinect can mess up things, but as stated Theroy Of Game Stated, all of the functions are there, just not the gestures - Which is a godsend for some
    of us that don't like, or do not choose to use them - The most annoying one is when you press a flat hand in the air and it STOPS everything dead: Lucky for me, I know my voice commands :D

Brian
  4. Theory of Game Win User

How do I get rid of this update?

Hey there.

Unfortunately, there's no way to back to the old UI now. Yes, the gestures are gone, but overall the system UI functions much quicker with the new update.

Some tips: To access your pins quickly, hit the right trigger (RT) while on the home screen - it will jump directly to the pins. The four most recently used apps are still there, right under the current app/game - they are just listed vertically with more
    information instead of the small icons listed horizontally.

Hope this helps with the functions you feel are missing from the new UI - with the exception of gesture controls they are still there, they just look different or are in a different spot, but they are just as quick (or in some cases even quicker!) to access
    than the old system.
  5. MenialTrout2 Win User

Gamescore 0

I have some Games on my Xbox One with 0 gamesores that I do not play at all, How do I get rid of them?
  6. Duke5816 Win User

Call of Duty Update not finishing

My downloads arent usually long, but i dont usually download 150gbs of 1 singular game so i dont think its that. I dont own a external hard rive but im thinking of getting one since i got rid of 3 games for this game. Just have no clue what to do
Thema:

1. I have updates for a game I dont own on my xbox, how do I get rid of them? - Similar Threads - updates game dont

2. Can’t update my Xbox. It can’t read the update from the disc and now won’t play any game

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can’t update my Xbox. It can’t read the update from the disc and now won’t play any game: We put a newer game in consol and needed to update but can’t read the update form the disc and now won’t let any game play bca5ba6e-b674-4ed2-ba99-cc56492662bb
  3. i cant install apps but i can install games and games updates

in XboX Insiders
    i cant install apps but i can install games and games updates: i tried almost everything, heres the list of all i tried three factory resets change dns use phone hotspot offline factory reset with pendrive use another acc to install restart my router...
  4. Since the update on April 10th/11th, unable to record any game clips

in XBoX on Consoles
    Since the update on April 10th/11th, unable to record any game clips: Hi, Since update 10.0.25398.4086 (xb_flt_2404zn.240402-1830), my Xbox One is not able to record anything. [Description of how it looks] When I try to record, sometimes I get a pop up saying...
  5. After updating game "finishing things up" slow with memory card

in XBoX on Consoles
    After updating game "finishing things up" slow with memory card: So I've just downloaded a bunch of game updates on my internal hard drive. Everything went super quick, but when I had updates for games that were downloaded to my Series X memory card the...
  6. When a game updates on my Xbox One it downloads at 10-20mbps. I have 300mbps internet and...

in XBoX on Consoles
    When a game updates on my Xbox One it downloads at 10-20mbps. I have 300mbps internet and...: Why do my games download so slow? Other devices on my internet download at 200-300mbps * Moved from Community Center 606f93d9-f957-4abd-b363-5c7f393fde2a
  7. Updated xbox game pass pc now stuck on update

in XboX Insiders
    Updated xbox game pass pc now stuck on update: I updated the Xbox game pass app and now every time i launch the app it just keeps saying i need to update the app its already updated any ideas please submitted by /u/Suspicious_Coach_233...
  8. Why do games like MW3 force an update which takes forever?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why do games like MW3 force an update which takes forever?: Its 2024 and bandwidth is a solved problem. Why am I paying subscription fees and over $100 to play a game that doesn't have modern reliability. MW3 updates at least once a month and more or less...
  9. My xbox series x wont update any games itll update for a couple of minutes then just stop...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xbox series x wont update any games itll update for a couple of minutes then just stop...: Xbox Series X wont update any games 0c506631-e9c2-4648-ae3a-4e83dd180656
  10. Xbox Series X fan on while Xbox series x is in shutdown mode and it updates or loads a game??

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X fan on while Xbox series x is in shutdown mode and it updates or loads a game??: I have an Xbox Series X and I noticed when I put it in Shutdown Mode to load games in the background or updates, the fan spins, but slower, then after the download or updates finishes, the fan...