I have tried to install ARK: survival evolved for the past few days getting the same error...

Discus and support I have tried to install ARK: survival evolved for the past few days getting the same error... in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I have tried to install ARK: survival evolved for the past few days getting the same error code: 0x80D02017. I am trying to install it onto a computer... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Charlie_123, Jun 4, 2023.

1. Charlie_123
    Charlie_123 Guest

I have tried to install ARK: survival evolved for the past few days getting the same error...

I have tried to install ARK: survival evolved for the past few days getting the same error code: 0x80D02017. I am trying to install it onto a computer that has a fresh install of windows, only a few days old. And I have tried all of the troubleshooting steps that I've seen with games not downloading.

For example: resetting the Microsoft store and xbox app, disabling IPv6, running a command to restart the Microsoft store, use the Windows apps troubleshooter.

I've also tried to install it onto the C drive and an external one with enough space on both.

I'm stumped, any help would be appreciated.

TLDR; I'm getting the error code 0x80D02017 when trying to install ARK.

I have tried to install ARK: survival evolved for the past few days getting the same error... [​IMG]

:)

Charlie_123, Jun 4, 2023
  2. Charlie_123 Win User

I have tried to install ARK: survival evolved for the past few days getting the same error code: 0x80D02017.

My version of Windows is: Windows 10 Version 22H2 (OS Build 19045.3031) I also have checked for updates in Windows settings and the Microsoft store. They both report my computer is up to date.

I am having trouble on my laptop, but my desktop (with the same version of Windows) works just fine.

I can install Atomic Heart with no issues.

One of my friends had an error code when trying to install ARK too and had to give up. Only recently did it randomly install for him, without his knowledge.

This has happened to me in the past on my desktop, and I was unable to fix it. It feels like it works when it wants to.
  3. Geri M. Win User

I have tried to install ARK: survival evolved for the past few days getting the same error code: 0x80D02017.

Hi Charlie_123,

Welcome to Xbox Forums. We appreciate for sharing your concern with us and we hope that you are doing well today.

We understand that you cannot download/install the game ARK: survival evolved on your PC. As per description, you have tried most of the basic troubleshooting steps but still the problem persists.

Let us check on this together and sort this out to assist your concern. However, before we proceed, we would like to ask few questions about it.

1. What is the current version and edition of Windows Installed? (Search for WINVER in Windows search to see this)
    2. Was this working on the previous computer you are using before?
    3. Have you tried installing games other than the ARK on this computer?

These above questions would help us provide the necessary information. Once we have gathered all the information, we will formulate the viable solution to help you with your case.

For the meantime, let's try to fix the issue. Based on research, the error code 0x80D02017 occurs when there is a problem with the Windows Store server, or the cache needs to be cleared.

Here are some steps to try to fix the issue.

• Run the Windows Apps troubleshooter.
      • Click on the Start menu and select Settings.
      • Click on Update & Security.
      • Click on Troubleshoot.
      • Click on Windows Store Apps.
      • Click on Run the troubleshooter
    • Clear the Windows Store cache
    • Reset Windows Store

You may also check this article. Get updates for apps and games in Microsoft Store - Microsoft Support.

[​IMG]

Let us know the result and we will get back to you as soon as we can. We may recommend further troubleshooting steps once we have received your answers to the above questions.

We will be glad to follow up and help you.

Sincerely,

Microsoft Community
  4. Geri M. Win User

Hello Charlie_123,

Thank you for your response, and we appreciate for your patience.

Based on additional research, this error code: 0x80D02017 can occur when installing an app or game through Microsoft Store and can be resolve by signing out of the Microsoft Store, restarting the computer, and then signing in again. You can also try running the Windows Apps troubleshooter. If none of these solutions work, you can try deactivating your third-party antivirus from its settings or checking for system updates.

As per description, you have done all of the troubleshooting already and that your device reported to be updated. Can we please try to manually these steps again?

• In-place update for your windows device using this link. Download Windows 10 (microsoft.com)
    • Power Cycle your PC
      • Turn off your computer
      • Unplug the power cable to the computer from the back
      • Hold the power button of your computer while it is unplugged for 30 seconds and then release
      • Plug the power cable back into the computer
      • Power on the computer
      • Check for any changes
    • Uninstall/reinstall Microsoft Store app. & Xbox app.
    • Sign out your Profile/account from the Microsoft Store app then sign in back.
    • make sure you have a stable internet connection
    • Install the game, check if the account has the game license or it is the one used when buying the game.

If the methods still no working, we suggest, to report a problem or submit a bug via Xbox app.

Submitting a bug through the Xbox App

1. Navigate to the top right of the application and select your gamerpic icon

2. Select “Feedback” in the drop-down menu

3. Select “Report a problem”

4. Click Give new feedback

5. Add [Xbox Forum] in “Summarize your feedback” followed by a feedback summary

a. Summary should be descriptive and fully detailing the error you are receiving. Links redirecting to this forum post will not be accepted and will cause a delay in your feedback submission.

6. Category should automatically be selected.

7. In the "add more details" category, you will have the option to "Recreate my problem". Recreating the problem will help us further pinpoint the error you are receiving.

8. Once complete, post the title of the bug report along with the submission date in this thread

If you are having difficulties locating "Recreate my problem" follow this screenshot.

[​IMG]

If you have other concerns, you can create a new post here.

We wish you a good day!

Kind regards

Xbox Forum Moderator

Microsoft Community
  5. BroadFoal62479 Win User

Purchased Digital Games disappearing from library while still installed

Same thing with me but I had an error with Ark Survival Evolved so I deleted it and is its gone
  6. Freezevortex Win User

EA access games will not launch

Im having the same problem but with ark survival evolved. I just bought the game (preview member) and i get the same error code but 9007 in the End instead.. I think it has something to do with the preview update
Thema:

1. I have tried to install ARK: survival evolved for the past few days getting the same error... - Similar Threads - tried install ARK

2. Trying to install the xbox update but it keeps giving me error codes 0x80070570 0x00000000...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Trying to install the xbox update but it keeps giving me error codes 0x80070570 0x00000000...: Trying to install my xbox series x update but it keeps giving me error codes 0x80070570 0x00000000 0x00000301, "There was a problem with the update." Needing help...
  3. game wont install only tries to update and then fails

in XBoX on Windows
    game wont install only tries to update and then fails: hey my problem is kind of hard to explain but ive run into trouble on my xbox one where i deleted wasteland 3 while it was updating and for months it has shown up in my queue trying to update and...
  4. when trying to instal gaming services for xbox on my windows 10 pc it will nearly download...

in XBoX on Consoles
    when trying to instal gaming services for xbox on my windows 10 pc it will nearly download...: please can anyone respond with help 35743a80-e07b-480d-bc1e-e87ccf82fd40
  5. Windows Cannot Access The Specified Device, Path, or File" Error When You Try to Install,...

in XBoX on Windows
    Windows Cannot Access The Specified Device, Path, or File" Error When You Try to Install,...: Ok so I was playing Fortnite and for a while I got off to take a break, 3hrs later I return (nothing has changed) and when I launch I get the issue in the title. I have tried literally everything...
  6. Tried installing the new console update for my Xbox Series X on January 25th 2024, but I’m...

in XBoX on Windows
    Tried installing the new console update for my Xbox Series X on January 25th 2024, but I’m...: it gets up to 3% download and then it gives me the error message every single time, I tried turning the console on and off again, I know it’s not my internet, the internet works just fine for it....
  7. how to fix a error when trying to install physical games?

in XBoX on Consoles
    how to fix a error when trying to install physical games?: I’ve had a problem where every single time I’ve tried to download a game on my series x regardless of whether or it’s a Xbox one or series x disc, the download cancels before it even begins and...
  8. Fortnite won't install and I quite literally tried everything

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Fortnite won't install and I quite literally tried everything: hi so basically my Xbox won't let me download fortnite like at all it said my content doesn't match the version I been invited to play and i don't know how to fix it at all I been playing fortnite...
  9. Assassin's creed Valhalla just added to a game pass. But when I try to Install a game on...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Assassin's creed Valhalla just added to a game pass. But when I try to Install a game on...: Assassin's creed Valhalla just added to a game pass. But when I try to Install a game on a Xbox one x it does not show install option. it's show buy ubisoft+ subscription....
  10. Why am I getting the error code 0x80070490 when trying to install Minecraft Java &Bedrock...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why am I getting the error code 0x80070490 when trying to install Minecraft Java &Bedrock...: Why am I getting the error code 0x80070490 when trying to install Minecraft Java &Bedrock edition on my PC windows 11? I have already made sure my PC is up to date, has storage, and I'm signed...