I have to buy minecraft java edition again after playing on a migrated account for months.

Discus and support I have to buy minecraft java edition again after playing on a migrated account for months. in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I have owned Minecraft since before Microsoft's purchase of it. When I was forced to migrate my account I did so reluctantly, as I feared it would only... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Ezzard Eyethief, May 27, 2023.

1. I have to buy minecraft java edition again after playing on a migrated account for months.

I have owned Minecraft since before Microsoft's purchase of it. When I was forced to migrate my account I did so reluctantly, as I feared it would only lead to pointless problems. And here I am living out my fears.

I tried to log in today only to be greeted with a "Buy now" option when attempting to play Java edition. The same version I have played for years, even after migrating accounts. Just out of the blue I've been told that the product I won for years needs to be purchased again. There is no excuse for this. A pointless error caused by pointless decisions. I have found several other users on this platform who have run across the same issue. Not a single useful answer was ever provided.

Before any "independent advisor" asks if I'm logged into my old mojang account I'll make it clear that I am not. I cannot as the account has been migrated. Attempting to log in with it gives the error message "This account has already been migrated." So it is impossible to be logged into another account. I cannot stress that fact enough.

Despite this I do get a message on the Java Edition of the launcher telling me to use my old email to log in to play. So clearly somewhere in the fragmented noodle code Microsoft uses to run the launcher it is aware that I still own a license. Yet, as I mentioned before, I can not log in using the old email as it was the email used for the Mojang account. The Mojang account does not exist as it was migrated. I want to reiterate that this was not a problem upon initial migration. It is a problem that has surfaced months later with no indicators for it's cause.

:)

Ezzard Eyethief, May 27, 2023
  2. Tomm_A Win User

I have to buy minecraft java edition again after playing on a migrated account for months.

Hello Ezzard Eyethief,

Thank you for getting back with the thread and truly appreciate your response.

It seems that the issue is now fixed by switching account- that is the workaround, and you did it! You can now use your Microsoft account to sign in to play Minecraft. You can try also signing in to Minecraft signing in page to see if by using your Microsoft account, you can sign in and play Minecraft through their site.

You can go to this link and sign in using your Microsoft account: Log in | Minecraft

We will be closing this thread because the signing issue to play Minecraft has been resolved already. If you have other concern in the future related to Xbox product and services feel free to create a new topic to discuss and we are more than happy to help.

Thank you for choosing Microsoft. Stay safe!

Sincerely,

Microsoft Community Moderator
  3. Ezzard Eyethief Win User

So... for whatever reason I tried my old Mojang account email when signing into Microsoft today and it worked. Specifically it worked after I signed in with my Microsoft email, then selecting "switch accounts", then entering the old Mojang email. Even though previously doing so gave me an error message that the account had been migrated. I'm not certain what difference there is between yesterday and today, but I guess I technically no longer have an issue. However I can now no longer access the main Minecraft site as it tells me my access is denied. Oh well. I guess I don't need to send out a ticket anymore anyway.
  4. Ezzard Eyethief Win User

Of course I remember the Microsoft account. It's the one I used to sign in both to the Mincecraft Launcher and this forum to make this post. Also yes, to reiterate I have been playing Minecraft with no issue for months on a migrated account. Specifically I had my Mojang email migrated to a Microsoft email on the date 10/25/21.
  5. Tomm_A Win User

Hello Ezzard Eyethief,

Thank you for sharing your concern here in Xbox Community Forum and we hope that all is well.

It appears that you are having issue with your account where your Minecraft license was tied up to. Let us check on what is causing the issue so that we can provide enough information on how to resolve and able to get you back on gaming.

If I may ask, do you remember the Microsoft account where your Mojang account was migrated to? The reason why I am asking it is because you will be using that account to sign in to Minecraft Launcher. If you remember the Microsoft account, make sure you have access to that account.

By the way, have played Minecraft: Java Edition after migrating your Mojang account to Microsoft account?

We look forward to your response. Kindly let us know, if there is any misunderstanding or clarifications of our description by sending us a reply.

Sincerely,

Microsoft Community Moderator
  6. Hoskayra Win User

Mojang Post-Migration Error

Hello, my name is Oskayra I am independent advisor and I will be happy to help you today.

Unfortunately, the deadline for migrating your Minecraft account to a Microsoft account with entitlement to Minecraft: Java Edition and Minecraft: Bedrock Edition has passed. The migration process was open until May 10, 2023, and accounts that were not migrated by then are no longer eligible for the free Java Edition entitlement.

If you purchased Minecraft before the migration deadline, you will still be able to play Minecraft: Bedrock Edition. However, you will no longer be able to claim a free copy of Minecraft: Java Edition.

If you are still interested in playing Minecraft: Java Edition, you will need to purchase it separately from the Microsoft Store.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

Thank you very much for your patience and understanding! If you need anything else, do not hesitate to contact us again.
Thema:

1. I have to buy minecraft java edition again after playing on a migrated account for months. - Similar Threads - buy minecraft java

2. I had minecraft for a while and now I suddenly can't play Java, it's asking for me to buy...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I had minecraft for a while and now I suddenly can't play Java, it's asking for me to buy...: I am trying to play Minecraft and it said before "you don't have gold/core" so I get it and now it says that I don't own the game. Meanwhile, I do. I need some clarification because I refuse to...
  3. Hi I brought Minecraft java and bedrock long time ago but today i check and it said "Buy Now"

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Hi I brought Minecraft java and bedrock long time ago but today i check and it said "Buy Now": So i brought the Minecraft java and bedrock on November 7, 2023 at minecraft.net i play it until today so idk what going on i need help 986f3508-0a08-4ef5-b08f-bd72668b84ce
  4. Minecraft wants me to buy Java again

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Minecraft wants me to buy Java again: I bought the Minecraft Java version, but today he asked me to buy it again. I recently deleted the office program, but I did not know that it was related to Minecraft. Please do what is necessary,...
  5. Why do I need to Buy Minecraft: Java Edition again?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why do I need to Buy Minecraft: Java Edition again?: [img] I just tried to log on to Minecraft and play some Java Edition while I am taking a break from work. The most peculiar thing pops up, "Buy Minecraft;" where the play button usually goes. I...
  6. If I buy the Minecraft Java & Bedrock Edition, will I need to buy Minecraft for Xbox...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    If I buy the Minecraft Java & Bedrock Edition, will I need to buy Minecraft for Xbox...: I currently have a PC Game Pass. I'd like to give it up and buy Minecraft Java & Bedrock Edition. Would I have to buy Minecraft on Xbox Series X|S separately then?...
  7. Wanted to buy Minecraft Java but it keeps saying purchase limit reached

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Wanted to buy Minecraft Java but it keeps saying purchase limit reached: Just made a Microsoft account and the Xbox(?) gamer name thing yesterday. Ever since then it has been impossible for me to buy Minecraft. The message "Your account has reached its purchase limit"...
  8. Can I buy Minecraft Java edition With Xbox Live Gift Cards On PC

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can I buy Minecraft Java edition With Xbox Live Gift Cards On PC: Hi I am FPS, I have a 25$ dollar xbox live gift so can I buy Minecraft Java edition on pc in Xbox And this was My question Thank you - cda80a96-99ab-43d3-9233-e150524bf23d
  9. i buy Minecraft: Java & Bedrock Edition Deluxe Collection for my son as a gift but my son...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    i buy Minecraft: Java & Bedrock Edition Deluxe Collection for my son as a gift but my son...: When redeem show message (Sorry, an unexpected error has occurred. The error has been recorded and we will investigate. Please try to redeem your code later.) (TokenDescriptionGet-Unreachable...
  10. Minecraft: Java Edition says I need to "Buy" it again despite me owning it, how do I fix this?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Minecraft: Java Edition says I need to "Buy" it again despite me owning it, how do I fix this?: I have bought Minecraft: Java a while back and have been playing it as recently as two days ago, however yesterday I came across an issue when I open the launcher saying I need to "Buy Game"...