I have switched to an Xbox series X from an Xbox one S. we used an external sea gate hard...

Discus and support I have switched to an Xbox series X from an Xbox one S. we used an external sea gate hard... in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; As stated, we have a sea gate 4 tb external drive that we used on an Xbox one S and the series x knows there’s an external drive but I can’t see the... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Maxlength72, Mar 27, 2023.

1. Maxlength72
    Maxlength72 Guest

I have switched to an Xbox series X from an Xbox one S. we used an external sea gate hard...

As stated, we have a sea gate 4 tb external drive that we used on an Xbox one S and the series x knows there’s an external drive but I can’t see the majority of the games stored on it. The external drive has its own power supply. Any help would be appreciated

:)

Maxlength72, Mar 27, 2023
  2. Smwutches Win User

External storage

3. Obsessive Power Win User

3.0 2Tb Seagate HDD comparability

Hi,

Your drive will work the same on Series X as it does on Xbox One and you won't need to format it.

However, Series X games or Xbox One games with Series X enhancements will not run from that drive and will either need to be installed internally or to an external SSD designed for Series X/S.

Your hard drive will be too slow for Series X games. They can be stored there, but not run from there.
  4. Obsessive Power Win User

Question: Does the Xbox Series X work with external hard drives over 8 TB? (February 7, 2022)

You can use the drive, but games that have been optimised for Series X|S can only run via either the internal SSD or a 1TB Expansion card.

You can archive your X|S games to an external mechanical hard drive which can be quicker than downloading/installing them again, but they can't be run or updated when stored there. Standard Xbox One BC games will from an external hard drive as they did on the Xbox One.
  5. JoshuaValdez2 Win User

The new expansion card for Xbox Series X

Hi,

Current external hard drives are USB 3.0 5,400 RPM mechanical hard drives. These drives are very slow compared to the Expansion card. You won't be able to run Series X/S games from current external hard drives, not even the 2.5" external SSD drives either.
    But, you will be able to archive your Series X/S games to these drives to save downloading again.

The expansion card can run all compatible Xbox games. Which will be Series X/S, Xbox One and the BC Xbox 360 and original Xbox games on the BC list.

Xbox One and other Backwards compatible games will load a lot faster on either the internal storage or the expansion card than they would if you ran them off your external hard drive.

Microsoft has a video on YouTube showing 'The Outer Worlds' loading in just 11 seconds on a Series X/S SSD, compared to nearly 60 seconds on Xbox One.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_wCX0n9Jci4
    I see. So how would i be able to transfer everything i have on my old hard drive to the new expansion card?
  6. Obsessive Power Win User

Copy games/savegames to Series S

One thing I personally cannot say for certain is if those games loading from the external hard drive will run the same way they would if they were installed straight onto the console...
    If you load games on the Series X or S from an external hard drive they will load the same as they do on a regular Xbox One. There won't be any performance issues. Games installed on a external SSD (SATA SSD not the Expansion Card) will load faster then
    they would before due to the much faster I/O on the Series X/S.

If you move your games to either the internal storage or the optional Expansion card, you will see significant loading speed improvements. They'll be massive on a game such as Odyssey. Fast traveling in 5 seconds rather than 40 on a regular Xbox One or One
    X!

To use the Series X/S 'Quick Resume' on Xbox One or other BC games will require said games to be installed internally or to the Expansion Card. Series X/S games can only be installed on the Internal or Expansion card.
Thema:

1. I have switched to an Xbox series X from an Xbox one S. we used an external sea gate hard... - Similar Threads - switched series used

2. If I switch from an original Xbox one to a series s is there a way to keep my game data

in XboX Insiders
    If I switch from an original Xbox one to a series s is there a way to keep my game data: So I might be getting a series a as I have the original Xbox one and it’s very slow. I am going to use the same Microsoft account and everything so will all my game progress save. My main worry is...
  3. XBOX SERIES X GETTING SWITCHED ON BY ITSELF EVEN THOUGH NOT ON INSTANT-ON MODE ?

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBOX SERIES X GETTING SWITCHED ON BY ITSELF EVEN THOUGH NOT ON INSTANT-ON MODE ?: Technically my Xbox is connected to a APC ups and whenever I switch on my ups, it somewhat starts my Xbox too. Like the Xbox does not fully start, the light on the Xbox power Button does not...
  4. Why does the series x switch off

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does the series x switch off: Trying to play warzone and the piece of rubbish switches off saying to protect from overheating, even though it's in a well ventilated area on a solid surface with no restriction to airflow. I...
  5. Xbox Series X, playing a game for extended period, then switching to dash/another game, no...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X, playing a game for extended period, then switching to dash/another game, no...: This issue has been plaguing me on and off for months now. Switching to another game after playing one for a while almost always results in the audio in the latter experience being missing or...
  6. Switch from Xbox one to Xbox series x

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Switch from Xbox one to Xbox series x: ¿If I have GTA v for Xbox one and You wanted to buy an Xbox series x Should I buy a GTA v for that Xbox or the Xbox one is enough? f8dd2e78-b2dd-4cd1-8369-9ddc7d2390cd
  7. My Xbox series x keeps overheating when I play Fortnite and switches off the game but it...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My Xbox series x keeps overheating when I play Fortnite and switches off the game but it...: Is there anything I could do to fix this 4dadb505-e7b6-4ab3-b382-1c1cda309b61
  8. Why were all my Xbox one captured deleted when I switched to a series x

in XBoX on Windows
    Why were all my Xbox one captured deleted when I switched to a series x: Okay so this was a long time ago(Christmas 2020) but i had gotten the Xbox series x and when I went to switch over to it all was fine until I went onto my Xbox one and ALL of my clips and captures...
  9. Windows Media Player on Xbox Series X crashes after switching to another app

in XBoX on Windows
    Windows Media Player on Xbox Series X crashes after switching to another app: If I'm playing a song on windows media player, and I switch to another app, the song plays in the background for around 4 seconds before stopping and the app crashes entirely....
  10. Need help Xbox series x gets darker switch from game to other apps

in XboX Insiders
    Need help Xbox series x gets darker switch from game to other apps: Hey I have an Xbox series x. Recently I got lies of p and strange enough the screen gets darker when playing from switching from apps. Does anyone else get that problem and have any advice...