I have some movies saved on a SD card in WMV format. When I try to play it in my Xbox 360...

Discus and support I have some movies saved on a SD card in WMV format. When I try to play it in my Xbox 360... in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; I have some movies saved on a SD card. They are in WMV format. When I try to play them in my Xbox 360 the message unsupported codec pops up in a white... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by TayHolmes, Nov 6, 2021.

1. TayHolmes
    TayHolmes Guest

I have some movies saved on a SD card in WMV format. When I try to play it in my Xbox 360...

I have some movies saved on a SD card. They are in WMV format. When I try to play them in my Xbox 360 the message unsupported codec pops up in a white box and it says status code: 80COODF242

:)

TayHolmes, Nov 6, 2021
  2. LegendaryCorn Win User

Can't play avi files with the new update!

I had the same problems with some home movies. They were saved to the AVI format and for whatever reason the 360 would not play it. Hit or miss with the same camcorder and same console. I finally used Xilisoft Video converter and just converted all the
    files to a WMV format. BUT--Adrifing is right, delete the optional media update and re-install and try again. if that does not work then you should be could.
  3. XBF - Dom Win User

I have some movies saved on a SD card in WMV format. When I try to play it in my Xbox 360 the code 80COODF242 pops up and it says it is an unsupported codec. What is the problem?

We've decided to lock this thread as these will be the only solutions we can provide. If you run into another issue, you can reach out to us by creating a new post!

Thank you!
  4. ngocphi Win User

I have some movies saved on a SD card in WMV format. When I try to play it in my Xbox 360 the code 80COODF242 pops up and it says it is an unsupported codec. What is the problem?

You need an app like super@ or any video converter

Just because it's wmv doesn't mean it is compatible with mainstream codecs they could use third party ones

You can also download vlc which has all the codecs
  5. Farscape247 Win User

there was a separate download on the 360 called media update that enabled the use of wmv files back in 2006, this is still available in my download history and is still workable but not sure if you can still get it via the 360 store
  6. XBF - Dom Win User

Hello TayHolmes,

I suggest following the updating procedure as this may solve your relative's problem when loading the media. It is possible that the required codecs are included in the latest update.

There are steps in the guide below that will allow you to complete the update without internet. It is possible to update via USB flash drive, CD/DVD or a newer Xbox 360 game:

How to get a new Xbox 360 update | Xbox Support

We are not able to support with the video file conversion. You will have to do your on research on the topic to find the best solution for you.

[Let us know if this answered your question by pressing "Yes" below]
Thema:

1. I have some movies saved on a SD card in WMV format. When I try to play it in my Xbox 360... - Similar Threads - movies saved card

2. Why wont my movies and shows from the xbox store show up on my movies anywhere?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why wont my movies and shows from the xbox store show up on my movies anywhere?: I bought tenet and got a free ghost in the shell season from mircosoft and they show on my movies anywhere, but my The Godfather trilogy , dragon ball super season 1, flash, fairy tail and et...
  3. I keep getting error code 0x000005b4 when I use the movies and tv app on my xbox series x....

in XBoX on Windows
    I keep getting error code 0x000005b4 when I use the movies and tv app on my xbox series x....: I've tried resetting my console, as well as uninstalling the app (then restarting my console and downloading the app again). Nothing that I've tried has worked consistently. Resetting my console...
  4. Why is my xbox only allocating 2.1gig for movies ?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is my xbox only allocating 2.1gig for movies ?: Why is my xbox only allocating 2.1gig for movies, I have removed all the apps except for essential ones and checked every apps usage which shows 0 for them all, I thought I should have 12 or 15gig...
  5. Movies and TV on XBox Series X

in XBoX on Consoles
    Movies and TV on XBox Series X: It's acting like I have a dial up connection. Pixelation, lag, disconnection, etc. I have 1Gb fiber connection which tested perfect so that's not the case 11594f15-c5c3-4ca5-9d86-01927b3409c1
  6. Has the movies and tv app on the Xbox 360 already been shut down?

in XBoX on Windows
    Has the movies and tv app on the Xbox 360 already been shut down?: Has the movies and tv app already been shut down? It hasn't launched since November... 98836086-71d6-4bd2-9a38-b26c8a0a4e54
  7. Is there a way to play backup videos, from the Movies and TV app, on an Xbox Series X?

in XBoX on Windows
    Is there a way to play backup videos, from the Movies and TV app, on an Xbox Series X?: Hello, so am running into an issue and I was wondering if anyone knows of a fix. So I bought a TV series on the Movies & TV app, and it works correctly while streaming it on either my PC or Xbox...
  8. Lego Movie Videogame will not continue downloading

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Lego Movie Videogame will not continue downloading: When I try to download the game, it gets stuck at a certain percent and keeps saying installation stopped.The disc is clean and recognizable acda1269-ffa6-448f-b2b1-a4c750dec3e7
  9. My Xbox keeps turning off only while in a game plays movies on disk fine any help is...

in XBoX on Windows
    My Xbox keeps turning off only while in a game plays movies on disk fine any help is...: My Xbox continuesly shuts off while playing any game but when I put a movie in it’s fine and plays it checked the power and it’s fine and fan works properly any help is appreciated thanks I’m...
  10. Why is the Xbox 360 Movie and TV app not working?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why is the Xbox 360 Movie and TV app not working?: The Xbox 360 movies and tv app isn't working again... Similar situation that lasted from this past spring all the way into the summer with no one communicating to anyone about the situation. Can...