I Have Recived Death Threats!

Discus and support I Have Recived Death Threats! in XBoX Rewards & Social to solve the problem; So just last night I was playing gta 5 with a guy on Xbox I dident know him but he started talking in the game chat so I started talking back and all... Discussion in 'XBoX Rewards & Social' started by dezmond white, Jun 30, 2022.

1. I Have Recived Death Threats!

So just last night I was playing gta 5 with a guy on Xbox I dident know him but he started talking in the game chat so I started talking back and all the sudden he started cursing at me and stuff so I just laugh at his and after a while I left to play a diffrent game and he invited me to a party and started saying I'm gonna kill you and your entire family and how he's a hacked and has my ip and he said he's only 30 mins from my house and how I should sleep with 1 eye open and the sketchy thing is when I asked him ok what's my address then he said he wanted to keep me guessing and he started talking to his friend in a different risian language and I dident know what he was saying but I'm just really paranoid now I have video proof of us in the voice chat and some of our conversation so all I ask is for xbox to take serious action in this or I will be speaking with police about this incident.

:)

dezmond white, Jun 30, 2022
  2. Kathy A. Win User

Hello dezmond white,

We're sorry to hear about the interaction you once had with a stranger. We understand your sentiment and we know your peace should be prioritize here. Let us check on this together so you will get back to gaming.

What we can suggest is for you is to report the player and there are ways for you do that. Here, I'll provide the steps on how to report a player when sending inappropriate message on Xbox Console:

1. Press the Xbox button on your controller to bring up the guide. Go to Parties & chats, and then Chat requests.
    2. Select the gamerpic of the player for whom you wish to report, select More, and then select Report.
    3. Select the reason for the report (see list of reasons in the preceding section).
    4. Select Add comment to provide more information if desired. When finished, select Report.
    Messages in a Club chat can be reported to either a Club admin or to Xbox. If the message doesn’t belong in the Club, select Club admin. If the message violates the Community Standards for Xbox, select Xbox Live Policy & Enforcement Team.

Submitting a report will let us know that there’s a potential violation that the Enforcement Team needs to investigate. Please check this support article to learn more - How to report a player.

Should you consider what ngocphi had suggested, please check these support article:

Manage Xbox online safety and privacy settings | Xbox Support

How to mute or block other players on Xbox | Xbox Support

If you have further concerns kindly create a new thread using this link - Create a new question or start a discussion.

Sincerely,

Xbox Forum Moderator

Microsoft Community
  3. ngocphi Win User

Well first anyone can get your ip.

It's public domain because you cannot connect to.the internet otherwise.

But generally they only get your city and general location not a specific addresss

Best to block.and report.And if nessessary contact.the police

And set contacts to friends only

It's.best not.to.accept random invites from strangers
  4. Mythic xSagex Win User

LOCKED: Xbox killed my expericance.

Wow. sK lntervention. Death threats? Are you seriously sending Death threats out to other users?
  5. Skully Headshot Win User

xbox live ...whats been your worst experience with the service ?

There is a clear difference between death threats and competitive trash talk in FPS's. Like I said,
    He wasn't making death threats! Making death threats is when you say "I'm going to come to your house and kill you", "I'm going to find you and kill you", stuff like that. Saying "I can't wait to shoot you in the head" is not a death threat
    when said in the context of Call of Duty.

6. Bluntman1138 Win User

Threat

[quote user="Idip31"]

Yes there is, the police take death threats very seriously.

[/quote]

The police would have to issue a warrant to supeona the persons information from MS. If the person making the threat does not live in the same police jurisdication, then it just gets passed on.

Taking into account the odds are high the person is a minor anyways, and nothing will be done anyways. The police would have spent THOUSANDS of dollars in resources for nothing.

Your local police will do NOTHING about some idle internet "death threat" made over a video game. They will file a report just because they would have to, but ZERO resources would be out into that "investigation"

Police take CREDIBLE death threats seriously. Not idle death threats made over CoD.
Thema:

1. I Have Recived Death Threats! - Similar Threads - Recived Death Threats

2. My XBOX ONE Has a black screen of death

in XBoX on Consoles
    My XBOX ONE Has a black screen of death: I recently bought this xbox knowing it was messed up, knowing the issue and knowing the usual fix. However, i tried fixing it and its no longer working. is there a new fix for this? (i power on...
  3. How do you get game files off a xbox 360s internal hard drive with the ring of death

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do you get game files off a xbox 360s internal hard drive with the ring of death: I have an Xbox 360/s that's been to the repair shop for the ring of death and was told that it is a temporary fix. It has an internal hard drive and I would like to get the saved game files off of...
  4. Black screen of death on Xbox one

in XBoX on Consoles
    Black screen of death on Xbox one: Hi I have now came across the black screen of death on my Xbox one, have tried power off and on suggestions, switched to a new HDMI cable, have now even had the HDMI port with a physical check,...
  5. Why do i recive all these lag issues only in online games?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why do i recive all these lag issues only in online games?: I recently purchased a TP-Link Wi-Fi adapter and installed it correctly on my system. However, I am experiencing consistent packet loss and high latency issues while playing games. What's...
  6. Black screen of death won't go away no matter what

in XBoX on Consoles
    Black screen of death won't go away no matter what: So, this has been going on for about a day or two now where when I boot up the console it just gives a black screen. The remote is unresponsive as well as the Xbox when I try to use remote play....
  7. I have a Xbox One X with the "black screen of death"

in XBoX on Consoles
    I have a Xbox One X with the "black screen of death": The console was normal until we disconected it from the power plug (it was off) and then when we tried to turn on again, no video. I've already tried to change the HDMI cable and the power cable....
  8. Charged for a game but didnt recive it

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Charged for a game but didnt recive it: Hello. I wanted to purchase cyberpunk 2077 on my original 500 GB Xbox series s. I chose to pay with my paysafe card account and when i filled all of the information in i payed and accidentally...
  9. I buy minecraft deluxe edition and doesnt recived my minecoins

in XBoX Accessibility
    I buy minecraft deluxe edition and doesnt recived my minecoins: I buy minecraft deluxe edition and doesnt recived my minecoins a7d955bd-0a7d-4a24-992c-e10e06e2ac9b
  10. Need money back from gift not recived and didn't work

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Need money back from gift not recived and didn't work: I gifted a game from a different country and they didn't receive it b63042ac-0b76-44f8-a78a-802a6accd43e