I have never set up an xbox live account, never owned an xbox..so..

Discus and support I have never set up an xbox live account, never owned an xbox..so.. in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; It is shocking to find one associated with my account. How did this happen and how can I shut it down as I never will own an xbox or want this... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by fmlwin10, Jun 6, 2018.

1. fmlwin10
    fmlwin10 Guest

It is shocking to find one associated with my account.

How did this happen and how can I shut it down as I never will own an xbox or want this account?

:)

fmlwin10, Jun 6, 2018
  2. JOBBYTRON
    JOBBYTRON Guest
    One month FREE Xbox Live membership

i opened an account AFTER getting the xbox home, i have NEVER owned an xbox before or have i ever had a live account

JOBBYTRON, Jun 6, 2018
  3. reecie
    reecie Guest
    Netflix and Amazon Prime, one account 2 xbox. Help

Up to you I guess. It makes a stab at creating you a new gamer tag based on your details. My daughter just got a random name she never uses on my Xbox though it was her own email account.

Update - out of interest I tried just logging out of live. Netflix still works fine. So looks like you don't need anything apart from when you first set up the console you are forced to create an account.

reecie, Jun 6, 2018
  4. Wilfred Mac
    Wilfred Mac Guest

Hi IgneousElm0759,

There are two ways on how your account got an Xbox Live associated with it. First, if you sign in your email on the Xbox app on Windows 10, it will automatically create a gamertag or an Xbox Live account for that email. Which you can change your gamertag
    for free once. Second, if you also sign in your email on the Xbox.com website the system will generate a gamertag or Xbox Live account for that account.

For additional information on how to change gamertag and how to remove gamertag on your email address, I recommend that you check out the links below:

How to change the email address associated with your Microsoft account

How to change your Xbox gamertag

If you still unable to remove the gamertag on your account (Email address), I highly suggest that you get in touch with our Xbox Chat Support through the link below:

Xbox
    Chat Support

Note: You will need to sign in your account to be able to start a chat.

Should you need further assistance, feel free to post anytime.

Wilfred Mac, Jun 7, 2018
  5. Wilfred Mac Win User

Hi IgneousElm0759,

There are two ways on how your account got an Xbox Live associated with it. First, if you sign in your email on the Xbox app on Windows 10, it will automatically create a gamertag or an Xbox Live account for that email. Which you can change your gamertag
    for free once. Second, if you also sign in your email on the Xbox.com website the system will generate a gamertag or Xbox Live account for that account.

For additional information on how to change gamertag and how to remove gamertag on your email address, I recommend that you check out the links below:

How to change the email address associated with your Microsoft account

How to change your Xbox gamertag

If you still unable to remove the gamertag on your account (Email address), I highly suggest that you get in touch with our Xbox Chat Support through the link below:

Xbox
    Chat Support

Note: You will need to sign in your account to be able to start a chat.

Should you need further assistance, feel free to post anytime.
  6. JOBBYTRON Win User

One month FREE Xbox Live membership

i opened an account AFTER getting the xbox home, i have NEVER owned an xbox before or have i ever had a live account
  7. Z3r0t0L0rEnCe Win User

Child Account creation and Security Assistance and ideal!

She doesn't have a "official" account. I never set up her account to be connected to live. So that wouldn't work either.
  8. ngocphi Win User

Incorrect Birthday?

you cannot look up the birthdate as xbox live accounts have you enter the dob seperately

and no once set the birthdate of your account can never be changed
  9. TECHO2020 Win User

New Xbox Live account required parent Microsoft account and now child cannot access the new Live account.

We have never had Live or a Microsoft account. My son has an avatar on the Xbox 360. So when I was required to go set up a Microsoft parent account to access "Live" I did that and redeemed the code assuming that is what they just instructed me to do! I am
    so confused. Now that we did what they said and set up the parent account, how does the child access it?
Thema:

1. I have never set up an xbox live account, never owned an xbox..so.. - Similar Threads - never set live

2. Why am I part of an xbox family even though I never had it set up that way or own an xbox

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why am I part of an xbox family even though I never had it set up that way or own an xbox: My account is the child account in a family with no adult and I can’t figure out how to leave or what to do 9dfb969f-31d3-4fdb-8acc-c54fbda8325c
  3. When I get on the brakes are not engaged and my fuel runs out I have it set so it never...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    When I get on the brakes are not engaged and my fuel runs out I have it set so it never...: My 737 the brakes are not engaged when I get on and they use fuel I have my settings so it want run out, but the Boeing 737 MAX works fine also my Airbus A320neo is working fine, they just started...
  4. Why am I out of changes even though I've never touched the offline permissions settings in...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why am I out of changes even though I've never touched the offline permissions settings in...: I wanted to play Starfield offline, but couldn't because I needed to turn on offline permissions. When I went to turn it on, I saw that I've reached the limit of 3 changes in a year. What? I've...
  5. Microsoft keeps asking me to enter a Windows Hello PIN I have never set up.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Microsoft keeps asking me to enter a Windows Hello PIN I have never set up.: So I downloaded the Minecraft launcher from the Microsoft Store and when I wanted to log in with Microsoft there it would ask me for a windows hello pin that I never set up. The account i wanted...
  6. I have my console set to never turn off, but suddenly it's started automatically going to...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I have my console set to never turn off, but suddenly it's started automatically going to...: I am a part of the xbox insider update program, so, is this something new being tested? If so, why would they force us to "save energy"?? Whatever the case, can someone help me make it so my...
  7. Is there a reason i never get a callback from ms support when i set up one?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Is there a reason i never get a callback from ms support when i set up one?: Ive been having trouble of accessing a account that got compromised for over a year now and i cant seem to get hold of ms support, i keep setting up callbacks thru the xbox support and they have...
  8. I never set up a Microsoft family, but my Xbox account won't let me change my privacy...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I never set up a Microsoft family, but my Xbox account won't let me change my privacy...: I tried joining a realm on Minecraft, but every time I do, I am told my account is setup in a way where I can't join realms due to my privacy settings. When I attempt to get help fixing this, it...
  9. Can't change my Microsoft Hello Pin, which I never even set up.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can't change my Microsoft Hello Pin, which I never even set up.: I bought a new Minecraft account, which I registered to a new Microsoft account. I then tried to switch account in the Minecraft Launcher to my new account, but it asks me to sign in using my...
  10. Pin code for gamepass on my sons PC that i have never set up?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Pin code for gamepass on my sons PC that i have never set up?: Hi MS I am being asked to put my pin code when i try to logon to gamepass on sons pc. I have never set it up to ask for this and the help instructions i get is not correct/up to date since i have...