I have never changed my xbox gamertag before yet it is still making me pay. What do I do?

Discus and support I have never changed my xbox gamertag before yet it is still making me pay. What do I do? in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; It says I have to pay the fee but I have never changed my gamertag before. I made the account years ago and now I find it embarrassing. Please help!... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by Sam Thompson5, Feb 12, 2024.

1. I have never changed my xbox gamertag before yet it is still making me pay. What do I do?

It says I have to pay the fee but I have never changed my gamertag before. I made the account years ago and now I find it embarrassing. Please help!

:)

Sam Thompson5, Feb 12, 2024
  2. Renatodibi Win User

I have never changed my xbox gamertag before yet it is still making me pay. What do I do?

Hi Sam.

My name is Renato.
    I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft Xbox user like you.

I'm sorry for the problem you're experiencing. As you can understand, the change of your gamertag is handled by an automated system. Usually, it's almost impossible for errors to occur, and it's more likely that we simply don't remember carrying out the operation.

However, if you are absolutely certain that you have never changed your gamertag, the only course of action is to contact technical support because we do not have access to your data and your account.

https://support.xbox.com/contact-us

Kind regards
    Renato
  3. KindGryphon Win User

It says I have to pay the fee but I have never changed my gamertag before. I made the account years ago and now I find it embarrassing. Please help!
    You only get the free name change if you didnt pick your gamertag when creating your account and were given a randomly generated one.

The gamertag you currently have is not a randomly generated one meaning you picked your gamertag at account creation. This counts as your free gamertag change. Any future gamertag changes will cost money.
  4. Corporal Yorper Win User

Change Gamertag

My gamertag that I have RIGHT NOW is the gamertag I have had and have NEVER changed it. On my XBOX, it says "CHANGE GAMERTAG-800 MS POINTS."

OK, I do get that you must have $10.00 to change your gamertag, but I also know that you can change your gamertag only once - for FREE. Since my XBOX says "CHANGE GAMERTAG-800 MS POINTS," I am very insecure that Microsoft may have either stripped my of my
    "one free gamertag change," or have failed to put a note besides the "CHANGE GAMERTAG - 800 MS POINTS" that reminds you that you DO have 1 free change that I/whoever else haven't used yet.

My question is this: Since there is no exact warning if you do or do not have 1 free gamertag change (which I should have because I have never changed my gamertag before), and there is no "redeem free one-time gamertag change" button (if they even have it
    and my XBOX is lying?) can I still go through the process and hope that the gamertag I choose will not take 800 points out of my account, but instead notice that it was my first change and will not charge me for it. Please help me, I am very insecure about
    spending money over the internet because of SO MANY PROBLEMS that the internet/XBOX can have. I know this because I bought $250.00 worth of books/video games/accessories for my iPhone, and Amazon.com processed my purchases *billed me $250.00, of course*, and
    I am still waiting for my packages....two years later...TRUE STORY.
  5. Kiesey Win User

Gamertag

You are responsible for your Gamertag, I would make sure you do research before changing it, you will need to pay to have it changed.
  6. GabeMacIsaac Win User

Xbox gamer tag hacked

Thanks for the reply, do you know if there is anyway to change my gamertag of change it back to what is was before without paying?
Thema:

1. I have never changed my xbox gamertag before yet it is still making me pay. What do I do? - Similar Threads - never changed gamertag

2. Detailed Network Statistics rapidly changing causing horrible lag, never consistent, any...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Detailed Network Statistics rapidly changing causing horrible lag, never consistent, any...: My network speed and statistics are rapidly changing, I can’t get consistent results. I test it several times in a row and it never stays the same. One minute it’s great, the next minute it’s...
  3. I cannot change my gamertag for free, even though I have never changed it before

in XBoX Accessibility
    I cannot change my gamertag for free, even though I have never changed it before: Hello! I am trying to change my gamertag on xbox, and I have never done so before. It asks me to pay 9.99 to change it, even though on the website it says that the first change is free. How can I...
  4. Why am I out of changes even though I've never touched the offline permissions settings in...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why am I out of changes even though I've never touched the offline permissions settings in...: I wanted to play Starfield offline, but couldn't because I needed to turn on offline permissions. When I went to turn it on, I saw that I've reached the limit of 3 changes in a year. What? I've...
  5. Never changed my gamertag

in XBoX Accessibility
    Never changed my gamertag: I went to change my gamertag because I didn't like how the numbers completly messed up the name (HumanMp3 to HumanMp31974 in other games) I didn't care for a bit until it just started to bug me, I...
  6. I've never changed my microsoft gaming gamertag, yet I'm being charged to change it

in XBoX Accessibility
    I've never changed my microsoft gaming gamertag, yet I'm being charged to change it: I've been trying to change my gamertag on microsoft gaming from the one I've used since I've made the account. I'm aware that the first change should be free, but it's not giving me the option....
  7. I never changed my gamertag before, bur when I will change appear I have to pay a fee....

in XBoX Accessibility
    I never changed my gamertag before, bur when I will change appear I have to pay a fee....: I never changed my gamertag before, bur when I will change appear I have to pay a fee. Someone can help me? 03f22008-99e8-45cb-aa6a-620d58443eba
  8. whenever i try to change my gamertag it asks me to pay even though i never changed it before?

in XBoX Accessibility
    whenever i try to change my gamertag it asks me to pay even though i never changed it before?: So whenever i try change it and when i get to the last step it tells me to add a payment method and pay 10 euro but when i looked it up many videos say that for your first name change it is free....
  9. I tried to change my xbox gamertag, and after a week it never changed. So I tried to change...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I tried to change my xbox gamertag, and after a week it never changed. So I tried to change...: i Tried logging out and back in and it didn't do anything 5c0efa1a-933e-4b1a-a8a3-fd37ebdb5467
  10. ive never changed my gamertag before, but it wont let me change it for free. Help?

in XBoX Accessibility
    ive never changed my gamertag before, but it wont let me change it for free. Help?: I've had this microsoft account for a couple of years now, and the same is with my gamertag. I don't like the one that was randomly generated for me, and whenever i've tried to change it, it keeps...