I have my Microsoft store games in another disk, if I re-install windows, I will need to...

Discus and support I have my Microsoft store games in another disk, if I re-install windows, I will need to... in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; I want to do this with Forza Horizon . a24024fa-c7f0-4d84-a2c7-45b8ff7b6c41 Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by MIGUEL CALDERON., Mar 21, 2023.

1. I have my Microsoft store games in another disk, if I re-install windows, I will need to...

I want to do this with Forza Horizon .

:)

MIGUEL CALDERON., Mar 21, 2023
  2. andersonpassos Win User

I have my Microsoft store games in another disk, if I re-install windows, I will need to re-install the games?

Thank you for contact us! I'm Anderson, an Independent Consultant and a Microsoft user like you.

Good Morning

Unfortunately it will need to be installed. It is possible for it to find the files, but overall it doesn't work, even repairing the files.
  3. Micro666 Win User

Forza Horizon 3 Disappeared from library

I'm not resetting my entire PC for this. I shouldn't have to. My install was a clean install of Windows 10 updated to the anniversary update. I', a developer and have literally hundreds of programs installed, and also over 114 Windows Store apps (both 8.1
    and 10 apps).

It would take me many days to re-install all of my many applications, and get my PC configured to be "just right" again.

Also another reason for not wanting to reset my PC is that Windows Store apps are crap at backing up data. My family and I have a number of Windows Store games, that when the PC is reset will lost the game save data, as the game save data is stored within
    the apps install dir.

No way I'm resetting.... Come on Microsoft, get it fixed
  4. Farscape247 Win User

Can't install any games I had installed on a previous Windows installation

as you have re installed windows it breaks the encryption on the game folder that gamepass and windows store uses, you have to re download the lot, unlike steam and all the other clients microsoft chose this way.

if you are trying to install the games to another drive there will be remnants on that drive of the old game installs including the encrypted folder. this all has to be removed as the new windows install will refuse to use those older folders.
  5. Liam Östman Win User

Locate Game library Win10/Win 11

you cant, it does not work like the other launchers even win 10 to win 10, the encrypted folder is tied to that one installation if you reset windows or format then you have to delete and redownload all the games.

There is no way of transferring games from one install of windows to another for gamepass or windows store installations. yes it sucks.
    Hi, to make sure i understand you correctly and you understand my question correctly: i can use (with exceptions ofc) files from both OS, like i use

my win 10 files/pics/music/libraries (as i am doing) in Win 11, but My (bought/owned) Forza 4 (alongside other gamepass games) needs to be deleted (or duplicate install in both OS) and installed in win 11 because its game files are encrypted via my "Old" OS even tho the game is installed on a disk my Win 11 has full access and privilege to from the same MS account as the Win 10 that was used to install it on the disk? this is what i'm understanding, is this correct?

i ask this because the word "Transferring" confuses me, i don't want to move my games anywhere i want to start my already installed MS store games in windows 11

but if so okey then, do they plan on "fixing" that or making a safe workaround to it? i mean a lot of gamers that don't know to format disks are going to have impaired disks if the one existing windows Yes/no Delete option fails....
  6. Tezzerrific Win User

Install games to external SSD to play on different PC

you can't, as part of the drm the games are stored in an encrypted folder which will only work on that install of windows, if you re install windows you need to redownload them, you cannot move them to another pc either.
Thema:

I have my Microsoft store games in another disk, if I re-install windows, I will need to...

1. I have my Microsoft store games in another disk, if I re-install windows, I will need to... - Similar Threads - Microsoft store games

2. Xbox game bar is not in the Microsoft store windows 10

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox game bar is not in the Microsoft store windows 10: Xbox game bar is not in the Microsoft store windows 10 a3f69b53-9062-45ee-8366-4f28d149c019
  3. Xbox game bar is not in the Microsoft store windows 10

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox game bar is not in the Microsoft store windows 10: I was having trouble opening the Game Bar with the shortcut Win+G and so I uninstalled it following this method: Press the Windows key + X and select Windows PowerShell (Admin). Type...
  4. Issues downloading games from microsoft store

in XBoX on Windows
    Issues downloading games from microsoft store: Hi there, I recently downlloaded gears of war 4 from the microsoft store as i was having problems with the xbox pc game app capping my dowload speed, and when i opened the game after fully...
  5. Free online for games bought in Microsoft store

in XboX Insiders
    Free online for games bought in Microsoft store: Multiplayer, in some games, is about 30 to 50% of the content and besides the game itself, you have to pay for the subscription in order to get the online access. In my opinion, it's not a really...
  6. I am unable to install any games from the Microsoft Store

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I am unable to install any games from the Microsoft Store: This new laptop arrived and I wanted to install video games on it, such as Minecraft. I have been trying to troubleshoot and fix the problem, but this has not worked. Every single time I try to...
  7. I installed games through the microsoft store but when I try to open them it says I need...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I installed games through the microsoft store but when I try to open them it says I need...: I installed games through the Microsoft store but when I try to open them it says I need permission from the adult in my family but I am the only one in my family. How do I solve this?...
  8. Minecraft bedrock code redeemed but game owned doesn't show on microsoft store or minecraft...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Minecraft bedrock code redeemed but game owned doesn't show on microsoft store or minecraft...: Hi, I recently used a Minecraft bedrock code and it was redeemed using my microsoft account. After redeeming the code (and the game shows on my microsoft order history), I downloaded the...
  9. 0x87e0000f error when attempting to install a game pass game from Xbox app or Microsoft Store

in XBoX on Windows
    0x87e0000f error when attempting to install a game pass game from Xbox app or Microsoft Store: Whenever I try to install a game pass game from xbox app or windows store it gets to about 60% before stopping the download with nothing but "error code: 0x87e0000f". I've been looking all day for...
  10. When i press to install game on my xbox microsoft store nothing happens.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    When i press to install game on my xbox microsoft store nothing happens.: Hello, on my xbox one when i press to install any game on the microsoft store nothing happens. Can someone please help. 15402240-505d-462c-a0ce-e91053f0348f