I have Minecraft Java edition on my laptop and Bedrock on my Xbox - Is there any way I can...

Discus and support I have Minecraft Java edition on my laptop and Bedrock on my Xbox - Is there any way I can... in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; I have heard of Mojang giving out Bedrock if you've had Java since before 2018 and I've had it since 2012. Is there still a way to do something like... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by LucasMH, Jul 25, 2020.

1. LucasMH
    LucasMH Guest

I have Minecraft Java edition on my laptop and Bedrock on my Xbox - Is there any way I can...

I have heard of Mojang giving out Bedrock if you've had Java since before 2018 and I've had it since 2012. Is there still a way to do something like that? I have tried Xbox Play Anywhere and the new Xbox PC Companion but have had no luck. Any help would
    be much appreciated!

:)

LucasMH, Jul 25, 2020
  2. MrQuackDuck Win User

Minecraft Windows 10 Edition is not updating to new versions on my PC.

Minecraft Launcher is the same thing as Minecraft Java! I have issue with Minecraft: Bedrock Edition (Not JAVA EDITION). Do you understand this?
    When i installed Minecraft: Bedrock Edition on my laptop from Microsoft Store it has the latest version but when i installed Minecraft: Bedrock Edition at another device (PC) from Microsoft store it stuck on 1.17.10 version and don't updating to 1.17.41 version. This is Microsoft Store's problem, it doesn't updating my Minecraft to the last version on my PC.

P.S PC and laptop has Windows 10.
  3. victor ‎‎ Win User

I'm being asked to buy Minecraft: Java and Bedrock edition although I have already owned Bedrock for years and I have Java on my laptop.

The Xbox edition of Minecraft in the screenshot is still the Bedrock edition, is it not? I should have access to Java through owning the Bedrock edition, and I don't understand why I wouldn't be able to play it if I played Java in the past with my Microsoft account without having to buy Java.
  4. Mikeysoonerfan Win User

why is my xbox 360 minecraft not getting any updates past the llama and llama man?

There are several different versions of minecraft. Minecraft: Java edition is PC only and can only crossplay with Java players (mac, Lenox, PC) The minecraft that doesnt have a version next to it is the play together version or more commonly called bedrock.
    Bedrock is the version that can be played across mobile, console, and PC. There are also editions that are made specifically for most consoles and even a stand alone mobile version. Examples would be Minecraft: Xbox One Edition, Minecraft: Pocket Edition.
    These do not work with Bedrock which is just called Minecraft. Java is the most updated version of minecraft while bedrock would be right behind that one. The others I'm really not sure how often they update them if at all. Each edition of Minecraft has to
    be purchased separately. I happen to own both Minecraft: Xbox one edition and Minecraft since they released at separate times. I also have Java on my PC. As for your issue they do not have a Bedrock version on the 360.
  5. Hoskayra Win User

Syncing Purchases to PC from Console

Hi ID, my name is Oskayra and I will be happy to help you.

No, if you purchase Minecraft Bedrock on PS4 and link your Microsoft account with your PS4 account, it will not sync the purchase with the accounts. Minecraft Bedrock purchases are tied to the platform on which they are made. If you purchase Minecraft Bedrock on PC, you will only be able to play it on PC. If you purchase Minecraft Bedrock on PS4, you will only be able to play it on PS4.

However, there is an exception to this rule. If you buy Minecraft Java Edition on PC, you will also be able to play Minecraft Bedrock on your mobile device. This is because Minecraft Java Edition and Minecraft Bedrock are compatible with the "Minecraft Live" feature.

If you just want to play the Minecraft you paid for on your PC, you don't need to buy Minecraft Bedrock for PS4. You can download the free version of Minecraft: Java Edition from the Minecraft website.

Here are some steps to download the free version of Minecraft: Java Edition:

Visit the Minecraft website.
    Click on the "Download Minecraft" button.
    Select "Minecraft: Java Edition".
    Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the download.
    Once you have downloaded Minecraft: Java Edition, you will be able to play it on your PC.

I hope my answer was helpful and clarified your doubts. do not hesitate to contact me if you have any other problem. have a nice day.

Oskayra
  6. Odin Spjut Win User

Minecraft Java Redeeming

I have this exact issue. I own the Minecraft Bedrock edition (for windows 10), and can install and play it through the minecraft launcher. I get the message in the launcher that I'm eligible for the Java edition, and click to try to redeem it, which takes me here: https://www.xbox.com/en-US/games/store/minecraft-java-bedrock-edition-for-pc/9nxp44l49shj I sign in to my Microsoft account on the web, and it still says "Buy" rather than "Get" and there's no option to change things.

I've tried uninstalling all minecraft stuff, resetting my windows store and xbox app accounts, and restarting the computer. I can reinstall minecraft just fine and still play the Bedrock Edition, but the Java edition remains unavailable.
Thema:

1. I have Minecraft Java edition on my laptop and Bedrock on my Xbox - Is there any way I can... - Similar Threads - Minecraft Java edition

2. Minecraft java edition suggestion?

in XboX Insiders
    Minecraft java edition suggestion?: Please add a way to add friends in minecraft java edition it would be way easier playing with friends in java edition without having to create a server. now there i am a dummy dum dum and i might...
  3. How can I reinstall Minecraft Java and bedrock edition again? I do not want to pay for it again

in XBoX on Windows
    How can I reinstall Minecraft Java and bedrock edition again? I do not want to pay for it again: As what the title says and I cannot find the dang receipt either which is mind boggling I need help BADLY 50eef25b-bc33-493b-b603-dea3002beb63
  4. How can I get back access to my copy of Minecraft Java Edition

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How can I get back access to my copy of Minecraft Java Edition: Hello During the merge of Minecraft and Microsoft I somehow lost access to my copy of Minecraft. I tried support to get it back but kind of gave up. Now I've realized I still have an email of the...
  5. I bought the $30 minecraft java and bedrock edition but i can only play bedrock. And it...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I bought the $30 minecraft java and bedrock edition but i can only play bedrock. And it...: I just want to play the game i payed for 2ecbf413-cf31-4fde-8956-dc09756b20b6
  6. Microsoft closed my account, Lost java edition of minecraft

in XBoX Accessibility
    Microsoft closed my account, Lost java edition of minecraft: Please explain. Why was my account closed? No reason was given. How do I get my license to minecraft reactivated? 9fe36f72-bda4-4a86-b57a-e9503df6daed
  7. Minecraft Java Edition on PC now saying "missing license"

in XBoX Accessibility
    Minecraft Java Edition on PC now saying "missing license": I migrated my mojang account years ago to MS and had a valid license for Minecraft Java Edition and was playing without any issue. Since some months now it is saying that i dont have a license for...
  8. I can't download Minecraft Java Edition.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I can't download Minecraft Java Edition.: I attached an image of the issue I am having. It won't let me download Minecraft: Java & Bedrock Edition for PC. I have the bedrock downloaded but it won't let me download Java. What do I do?...
  9. My brother and I cannot play Minecraft Java Edition together on LAN

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My brother and I cannot play Minecraft Java Edition together on LAN: I recently purchased a copy of Minecraft Java + Bedrock edition for my older brother this holiday season with the intent of us to be able to play the game together. However, we have had multiple...
  10. Why can't I gift my friend Minecraft Java edition it said check for unpaid bills and I did...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why can't I gift my friend Minecraft Java edition it said check for unpaid bills and I did...: Contact us at Microsoft support We’re having trouble processing your payment and we’d like to get it sorted out. Get more info 2AP6RMktyEWJYSFjVuR7pQ.198.6.4 d46af0bf-2982-46e2-ba8c-5d9feeef78eb