I have gold, but I'm unable to play online. Already tried power cycling, didn't work.

Discus and support I have gold, but I'm unable to play online. Already tried power cycling, didn't work. in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; What the title says. I tried playing both Halo 5 and Halo MCC; however, Halo 5 tells me that I need an account with Xbox Live Gold with multiplayer... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by DaffierPuppet9, Apr 24, 2018.

1. I have gold, but I'm unable to play online. Already tried power cycling, didn't work.

What the title says. I tried playing both Halo 5 and Halo MCC; however, Halo 5 tells me that I need an account with Xbox Live Gold with multiplayer privileges enabled. Multiplayer privileges are enabled, but I can't play online. Same story with the Master
    Chief Collection. I tried power cycling, but it didn't fix the issue. Help me please.

:)

DaffierPuppet9, Apr 24, 2018
  2. I can't play online but I own XBL Gold

I'm having problems playing online even though I own Xbox Live Gold.

I used a 3 Month Xbox Live Membership card and it says my Xbox Live Membership expires 11/16/17 but it won't let me play online, I've tried power cycling and that didn't work.

TKG Barracuda, Apr 24, 2018
  3. I got banned on 2k but I'm still banned

Ive already tried removing the account power cycling it, and then adding the account it didn't work

ChiefxJonesboi, Apr 24, 2018
  4. SuperDan9001
    SuperDan9001 Guest

I have gold, but I'm unable to play online. Already tried power cycling, didn't work.

Hi DaffierPuppet9,

can you check a couple of things for me.

1) if you go to Sign in to your Microsoft account can you see a bill for Xbox Live Gold - if yes then please go on to the next step, if not and you have proof of purchase, contact Microsoft
    official Xbox Support.

2) Check here, does your Xbox Live show as active here? https://account.microsoft.com/services/

3) Can you go in to the xbox settings - network and then network settings. can you tell me what the NAT type is? if it's strict then you may need to unblock some ports on the router which can be found

here
    and more information
    here

SuperDan9001, Apr 25, 2018
  5. Hi DaffierPuppet9,

Can you let us know if you are being asked to purchase Xbox Live Gold again? Did the steps that SuperDan9001 suggested help with what you are seeing?

Thank you and have a great night!

Mister Kellogg, Apr 26, 2018
  6. @SuperDan9001

1) Yes, I have a bill from October 6, 2017 for a year's worth of Gold.

2) That link shows Xbox Live Gold under the Services and Subscriptions header; since it again says that I'm being charged every 12 months, I'm going to assume that means Xbox live is active.

3) NAT is open on Wi-Fi, and strict on Ethernet cable. All services are available, at this time.

Thanks for the steps, but none of the steps helped. I still can't access the multiplayer components of my games.

@Mister Kellog

So, I opened up the Multiplayer tab in Halo 5, it gave me a message saying that I need to check my multiplayer privileges. I clicked on "Open Home", and it sent me to a page that asks me to Join Xbox Live Gold. I click "continue", and it sends me to a
    page that asks me to pick a Gold option; 1 month, 3 month and 12 month.

DaffierPuppet9, Apr 26, 2018
  7. SuperDan9001
    SuperDan9001 Guest
    Thank you for checking and getting back to me.

OK, as you can see that xbox live is there, can you try removing the profile that you have bought the Xbox Live Subscription on and re-adding it again to the console, to see whether or not this makes any difference.

Another thing, if not already then try making sure it's set to the home console. Usually if it's the first profile on the Xbox it's done automatically. but if not then you can follow the steps here: My Home Xbox Setting on Xbox One | Share Your Xbox One

If these steps don't help, please let us know and contact an official Microsoft Agent by using the support portal.

The best of luck

SuperDan9001, Nov 1, 2018
  8. DaffierPuppet9 Win User

@SuperDan9001

2) That link shows Xbox Live Gold under the Services and Subscriptions header; since it again says that I'm being charged every 12 months, I'm going to assume that means Xbox live is active.

3) NAT is open on Wi-Fi, and strict on Ethernet cable. All services are available, at this time.

Thanks for the steps, but none of the steps helped. I still can't access the multiplayer components of my games.

@Mister Kellog

So, I opened up the Multiplayer tab in Halo 5, it gave me a message saying that I need to check my multiplayer privileges. I clicked on "Open Home", and it sent me to a page that asks me to Join Xbox Live Gold. I click "continue", and it sends me to a
  9. SuperDan9001 Win User

Hi DaffierPuppet9,

can you check a couple of things for me.

1) if you go to https://account.microsoft.com/billing/orders can you see a bill for Xbox Live Gold - if yes then please go on to the next step, if not and you have proof of purchase, contact Microsoft
    official Xbox Support.

2) Check here, does your Xbox Live show as active here? https://account.microsoft.com/services/

3) Can you go in to the xbox settings - network and then network settings. can you tell me what the NAT type is? if it's strict then you may need to unblock some ports on the router which can be found

here
    and more information
    here
  10. SuperDan9001 Win User

@

@Mister Kellog

Thank you for checking and getting back to me.

OK, as you can see that xbox live is there, can you try removing the profile that you have bought the Xbox Live Subscription on and re-adding it again to the console, to see whether or not this makes any difference.

Another thing, if not already then try making sure it's set to the home console. Usually if it's the first profile on the Xbox it's done automatically. but if not then you can follow the steps here: https://support.xbox.com/en-GB/games/game-setup/my-home-xbox

If these steps don't help, please let us know and contact an official Microsoft Agent by using the support portal.

The best of luck
  11. Mister Kellogg Win User

Hi DaffierPuppet9,

Can you let us know if you are being asked to purchase Xbox Live Gold again? Did the steps that SuperDan9001 suggested help with what you are seeing?

Thank you and have a great night!
  12. MarcoDelPercio Win User

Unable to receive game invites or party invites

Already tried. Didn't work. I also tried power cycle yesterday
Thema:

1. I have gold, but I'm unable to play online. Already tried power cycling, didn't work. - Similar Threads - gold I'm unable

2. I have xbox live gold and I'm trying to play rainbow six seige but it keeps telling me that...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I have xbox live gold and I'm trying to play rainbow six seige but it keeps telling me that...: I have gold but ot will not let me play siege and keeps saying I need gamepass all my other games work f3cbd07a-30f7-4b26-851c-e146f3c39387
  3. Why can't i play f2p games without xbox live gold? (I'm in delta ring)

in XboX Insiders
    Why can't i play f2p games without xbox live gold? (I'm in delta ring): Today I just got into the delta ring where it says that only destiny 2 and warzone can't be played without xbox live gold. Unfortunately I can't play any f2p game that is multiplyer without xbox...
  4. I'm on the beta program but still can't play online without gold...

in XboX Insiders
    I'm on the beta program but still can't play online without gold...: I've tried every free to play game I have installed and it always says I need to have gold... What gives? P.S. I live in a Brazil. submitted by /u/Skitelz7 [link] [comments]
  5. How can my kids still use my Xbox Live Gold sub on our old Xbox One while I'm signed into...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How can my kids still use my Xbox Live Gold sub on our old Xbox One while I'm signed into...: Just realized today that my kids, who have they're own user accounts on our family group, can no longer play games that require Xbox Live if I'm signed in and playing on our new Xbox X. According...
  6. Can I use Xbox One and Xbox Series S at the same time even if I'm not doing Gold/Game Pass...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can I use Xbox One and Xbox Series S at the same time even if I'm not doing Gold/Game Pass...: I know I'm not the only person with this specific issue but I've seen so many conflicting answers regarding this! Excuse the narrative format - it's just easier to present my scenario. Basically,...
  7. 14-day free trial of xbox live gold expired, but i'm still able to play online

in XBoX on Consoles
    14-day free trial of xbox live gold expired, but i'm still able to play online: I used a code to get a 14-day free trial of Xbox live gold. I don't remember when I redeemed it but I checked yesterday and It said it would expire that day. So I checked back today and it still...
  8. xbox gold live 코드 입력하려는데 오류가 뜹니다.[Translation-I'm trying to enter an xbox gold live code,...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    xbox gold live 코드 입력하려는데 오류가 뜹니다.[Translation-I'm trying to enter an xbox gold live code,...: 12개월, 6개월 코드를 받아서 입 을 하 는데요 처음 12개월 입 때는 그냥 잘 되더니 그다음 6개월 코드를 입 하 하니 "다시 시도하세요. 문 가 발생했습니다. 시 기다리면 문 가 해결 수 있습니다." 라 뜨면서 계속 안됩니다. 윈도우 스 어 리셋도 해보 윈도우 스 어 앱 문 해결도 눌러보 했지만 혀 도움이 안됩니다. 영어 사이트로...
  9. I'm starting to notice not all Games with Gold I own are showing up, both in Ready to...

in XboX Insiders
    I'm starting to notice not all Games with Gold I own are showing up, both in Ready to...: Maybe it's because I previously played it using physical media, before going Gold? To be honest, even with all separed tabs, this is still confusing. Ready to Install should only show up games we...
  10. não estou conseguindo comprar 6 nem 12 meses de gold pelo xbox[Translation-I'm not getting...

in XBoX on Consoles
    não estou conseguindo comprar 6 nem 12 meses de gold pelo xbox[Translation-I'm not getting...: Não consigo comprar 6 nem 12 meses de gold pelo xbox aparece a opção mas diz que a oferta não está disponivel [Translation-I can't buy 6 or 12 months of gold from xbox pops up the option but says...