I have controller issues when I’m trying to change batteries

Discus and support I have controller issues when I’m trying to change batteries in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; Every-time I change my batteries while I’m playing or while my Xbox is on it won’t reconnect back to my Xbox no matter what I do. It only reconnects... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/random6578, Mar 3, 2021.

1. I have controller issues when I’m trying to change batteries

Every-time I change my batteries while I’m playing or while my Xbox is on it won’t reconnect back to my Xbox no matter what I do. It only reconnects when I hard reset it. Does anyone know any solution to this.

submitted by /u/random6578
    [link] [comments]

/u/random6578, Mar 3, 2021
  2. allenhagers Win User

Controller Firmware Update - Messed up my controller?!?

I have hade the same issue with my new controller it’s one of the new ones that have the share button in the middle of the controller I thought my controllers need to be replaced so I bought a new one and it did the same thing when I put the batteries in that came with the controller it would disconnect frequently and when I put the rechargeable batteries in it does it from time to time and I’m not very far from my system so it seems they still didn’t fix that type of issue and it also does it if I use a usb cable instead of using batteries
  3. Ash of Snow Win User

Xbox One controller overheating

In my years i have never had a controller overheat, i would suggest not playing with the controller, but if the issue just started when you put the batteries in i would also suggest trying to change them out.
  4. Lucas Lauer Win User

Xbox controller won’t work

Are you able to try to change the controller batteries to see if this is not the issue?
  5. onyxishere Win User

Mic Isn't Working Through Headset But Instead Kinect

That sounds like a really annoying issue. I have experienced the same thing when I change my controllers because the batteries run out. Try the following to see if that helps you:

Go to Settings>Devices and Assign your Controller to your gamertag. Hopefully that will solve the issue.
  6. onyxishere Win User

"There is no controller connected to USB"

Try putting the batteries back in the controller, hooking it up and then updating it while the controller is turned on.

I had batteries in my controller and it was turned on when I updated mine and had no issues.
Thema:

I have controller issues when I’m trying to change batteries

1. I have controller issues when I’m trying to change batteries - Similar Threads - controller issues I’m

2. XBox Controller Issues - Frustrated Son and Mom

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBox Controller Issues - Frustrated Son and Mom: My son recently got an Xbox One off a friend. We’re new to the gaming world. He keeps getting a message in the middle of games that says “you must connect a controller to play” (paraphrased), even...
  3. Controller and connection issues

in XBoX on Consoles
    Controller and connection issues: My first issue i was having was trying to do remote play on my mobile device. I connected via bluetooth my wireless controller to my phone and started remote play.. Only the A and B and the xbox...
  4. Controller sync issues on Series X

in XBoX on Consoles
    Controller sync issues on Series X: Have a two yo series x that abruptly lost sync with my controller. Controller uses third party rechargeable battery packs. Both packs are charged and upon trying to reconnect them to the console,...
  5. Is anyone else having Xbox Elite Controller Series 2 Issues?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is anyone else having Xbox Elite Controller Series 2 Issues?: Right i know the question is bland but when using the feature where you can set your paddles as say WASD is anyone else having the issue of the paddles pretending to be broken even though when you...
  6. Yes I’m having issues bad with my Xbox controller having stuck drift on Fortnite and it’s...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Yes I’m having issues bad with my Xbox controller having stuck drift on Fortnite and it’s...: Yes dear Microsoft I’m having really bad issues with my Xbox controller having stick drift on Fortnite I’ve done shut auto run off and it still wants do this I’m on disability and can’t afford...
  7. Xbox Controller connectivity issues

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Controller connectivity issues: So, I usually play with my headset on and every couple minutes or so my headset would make a static noise as if my controller is losing connection then my controller would turn off then on, then...
  8. XBOX Series X Controller/Poor Support - Can't Resolve Issue

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBOX Series X Controller/Poor Support - Can't Resolve Issue: I purchased my XBOX Series X last summer. My controller is now experiencing drift on the right stick. Not only does my account show my 1-year warranty is expired, it shows that this warranty was...
  9. After sending in for repair, my controller has new issue, and was removed from my account

in XBoX on Consoles
    After sending in for repair, my controller has new issue, and was removed from my account: Disregarding this being my 4th model, I sent my Elite Series 2 Core (Blue) controller I'm for repair under warranty, because (you guessed it) the RB went out. It was returned to me, and the RB...
  10. Series X Controller having stick drift issues. Warranty shows being expired before the...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Series X Controller having stick drift issues. Warranty shows being expired before the...: So last August (08 2023) I signed up for a Gamepass Ultimate Subscription (2 years) under the All Access subscription to get a Series X console. Anyways everything has been great until this past...