I have been scammed for Minecraft... Microsoft won't help

Discus and support I have been scammed for Minecraft... Microsoft won't help in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Alright, here is the situation: I have bought Minecraft on PS4 some time ago, in order to play with friends. I had a period where I did not play. After... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Taylor Salez, May 21, 2021.

1. Taylor Salez
    Taylor Salez Guest

Alright, here is the situation:
    I have bought Minecraft on PS4 some time ago, in order to play with friends.
    I had a period where I did not play. After coming back, I saw that you have to a Microsoft account to play online.

I do so, but I get a error code saying that another Microsoft account "Why Tay Lad" was connected to my Minecraft account, and that I need to sign back into the same account.
    This "Why Tay Lad" account is NOT mine and I did NOT link it.

I am guessing someone accidentally went on my account and linked this random account while I wasn't playing, but I apparantly also cannot find it anywhere, leaving t believe it has been deleted.
    I have changed my password since I noticed this.

I have contacted Microsoft & Sony, both won't help and are telling me that "linking account is permanent".
    I DID NOT LINK THOSE ACCOUNTS. I bought Minecraft to play online, but can't & wasted my money since I cannot link a Microsoft account & get rid of this random account I do own nor even know about.

Do I really have to buy Minecraft AGAIN on another account to play online, just because someone got into my account and linked a random Microsoft account? Really? Why won't anyone help?

:)

Taylor Salez, May 21, 2021
  2. XBF Mohammed C Win User

3. LabradorNachos Win User

Minecraft Windows 10 Edition

Well, it didn't. Apparently the promotion ended a while ago so they won't let me have Minecraft Bedrock for free anymore and scammed me out of $27. This is some serious bs and I hate Mojang for it. Thanks for all of the help though!
  4. Christian Quinto Win User

Have i been scammed?

Hey there!

Nice to meet you! My name is Christian, an independent advisor. I'm here to help you out.

If you really did try all the troubleshooting steps there are on the internet then there are only 2 more things you can do.

Get in touch with Xbox Support and see if there was something that went wrong with the transaction and see what other options they can provide. Here is the link to get in touch.

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/contact-us

Or you can try getting support from the developers themselves. Use this link to access their support page.

https://support.activision.com/options

(The links are in English)

I hope this helps.

Best Regards,

Christian.
  5. denis97g Win User

Is this a scam or have I been hacked

if it doesn't come from microsoft or any official store it may be a scam. Did you notice unauthorized payments?
  6. Arminator Win User

Why have I been scammed?

Is your console enrolled in the Insider Preview Program?

If so, they are currently investigating and testing solutions for people that report WiFi connectivity issues. So you haven't been scammed, but there seems to be an issue with some WiFi routers that can't keep a proper wireless connection.

If you are a member of the Xbox Insider Program, please use the "Report Feedback" function on the console when you hold the Xbox button on the controller as if you were to shut down your console.

If the connection issue bothers you a lot, please try to temporarily connect the console with a wired connection if possible. If you can't run a network cable through your house from the console to the router, you might want to look into so called

"Home plugs" with "LAN over powerline"
    , where you plug in a device into an electrical outlet near your router, and connect the router with the plug via a network cable. That device then "injects" network signals into your home's electrical wires, and turns
    them into a network.

Then you simply plug another adapter near your console, and connect that adapter to your console with an ethernet cord, and you'll have a stable and wired connection.
Thema:

1. I have been scammed for Minecraft... Microsoft won't help - Similar Threads - been scammed Minecraft

2. I have been experiencing intermittent issues trying to record games on my Xbox Series X....

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    I have been experiencing intermittent issues trying to record games on my Xbox Series X....: This is a drive I’ve used with my Xbox for months and never had an issue. The external drive is formatted properly (NTFS) and should be in full compliance for use with Xbox. When I begin...
  3. Im not able to login on the x box or Microsoft.Com i e been hacked, my game tag since bc is...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Im not able to login on the x box or Microsoft.Com i e been hacked, my game tag since bc is...: Im not able to login on the x box or Microsoft.Com i e been hacked, my game Name since the start is Xaywer, dont get it....... Pls tips 0fc9e936-32dd-42f6-83ee-579d1c03e71e
  4. Spam protection for LFG posts? Been real ng with spam for way too long

in XboX Insiders
    Spam protection for LFG posts? Been real ng with spam for way too long: Whenever I'm playing popular games and am looking for someone in the same mode or at the same level I am bombarded by posts of people advertising cheats and other services, a spam filter seems...
  5. I've been having screen tearing issues with my xbox series s while playing dying light 2 on...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I've been having screen tearing issues with my xbox series s while playing dying light 2 on...: I have a vizio smarttv model v405-G9 with an Xbox series s and the game In question is dying light 2 stay human reloaded edition When I play dying light 2 my screen keeps tearing every time I...
  6. Hello everyone sorry for disturbing you but I got a issue of my xbox console & it has been...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Hello everyone sorry for disturbing you but I got a issue of my xbox console & it has been...: I'm tired & I don't know what to do next maybe failure of hardware & some other conditions ba7728e6-4a71-4817-b570-f87f13f369c3
  7. Has my subscription been updated?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Has my subscription been updated?: I just paid 99.99 for the yearly subscription and i need to know if it has been updated and if not I would like my money back ec21211b-c67c-4fe9-8556-168b670aa81b
  8. Son's Minecraft account has been stolen along with his micosoft email via in-game hypixel scam

in XBoX Accessibility
    Son's Minecraft account has been stolen along with his micosoft email via in-game hypixel scam: Last night my 13 year old son whilst playing Minecraft was scammed by another person in the chatroom. He had his Minecraft account stolen by accessing his microsoft account. By the time we had the...
  9. Have i been scammed?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Have i been scammed?: I bought the season pass for COD BO2 and installed it but i havent recieved the content that comes with it.. i have tried every solution that the internet has given and nothing has worked. This...
  10. Is this a scam or have I been hacked

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Is this a scam or have I been hacked: Received this email stating that I made a purchase that I did not. The email contains an attachment but I did not open it. From: [Mod removed- Personal information] Thank you for your...