I have been paying for Xbox Live Gold for my kid - now it's attached to my MS account WTH?

Discus and support I have been paying for Xbox Live Gold for my kid - now it's attached to my MS account WTH? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I've been paying for Xbox Live Gold annual subscription for several years. Last renewed July 1 2018 automatically. Somehow, it's attached to my... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Oremom, Sep 1, 2018.

1. Oremom
    Oremom Guest

I have been paying for Xbox Live Gold for my kid - now it's attached to my MS account WTH?

I've been paying for Xbox Live Gold annual subscription for several years. Last renewed July 1 2018 automatically. Somehow, it's attached to my Microsoft Account now, not my son's, though we didn't change anything. He thought it was cancelled!

How do we get the subscription aligned to his MS account, and how do I get back the two months of unused Gold because of the account snafu.

One thing this year - he turned 18 in May. I don't think he had a child account though - just his own.

Why is this so hard, Microsoft?

:)

Oremom, Sep 1, 2018
  2. XOne_ShotX91
    XOne_ShotX91 Guest
    Is Split Screen and Multi-Player across different consoles possible?

Alright. The game itself has to be split screen enabled, which would be games like Halo and certain Call of Duty titles, or Gears of War. The Xbox Live account is tied to a specific account. Now if both kids on the same console dont have Xbox Live, that can easily be rectified. All you need to do is pair up a kid with Xbox Live to a kid without. The kid who doesnt have Xbox Live will just have to play as a "Guest" of the other user account (The one with Gold).

I hope I helped, I worked night shift and got off at 6 this morning, and then I had to take my son to his check-up, so now, almost 5 hours later Im going to bed. If you have any questions, feel free to send me a PM or ask on here. When I wake up, I'll check and if nobody else helped you, then I'll answer to the best of my ability bud.

XOne_ShotX91, Sep 1, 2018
  3. Xbox live gold - attach to my kids

I set up accounts for my 2 kids on xbox 360 and they are rcognized in my "family". I also bought xbox live gold. However, when my kids attempt to play games with their friends it says they need a gold account. We have one, how do I get them attached to
    our gold membership?

SublimeCobra030, Sep 1, 2018
  4. CrazY1985
    CrazY1985 Guest

Contsct official support for this

CrazY1985, Sep 1, 2018
  5. XBF Aaron G
    XBF Aaron G Guest
    Oremom,

Sometimes when some customers renew in odd fashions other than what they are used to, sometimes you use an email that might not be the actual email on your sons account. Best thing for you to do is

Contact us
    so someone can regulate your account accordingly.

Have a nice day!

XBF Aaron G, Nov 3, 2018
  6. CrazY1985 Win User

Contsct official support for this
  7. XBF Aaron G Win User

Oremom,

Sometimes when some customers renew in odd fashions other than what they are used to, sometimes you use an email that might not be the actual email on your sons account. Best thing for you to do is

Contact us
    so someone can regulate your account accordingly.

Have a nice day!
  8. skylaar Win User

x box live subscription

If you only have the one Xbox in the house, it is easy to login on your account go to Settings --> Personalization --> My Home Xbox and set the system to be your Home system. Your Gold/Live account is now shared with anyone that uses that system. So now
    you can sign out, let your son sign in and he has Gold access as long as he is using that system.

I have two Xbox systems, one is setup as Home and my kids use that system. The other is in my office and not setup as a Home system but Gold/GamePass/Digital Games all come with two licenses. One attaches to your Gamertag and the other attaches to your
    Home Xbox. So I can login with my Gamertag on my office Xbox and enjoy Gold while my kids login on their Xbox (set as My Home Xbox) and enjoy Gold as well, even play games with me. This way I don't have to buy each kid their own Gold subscription.
  9. AngryHelios Win User

Unable to re-download Skyrim via download code

My physical (and IP of course) region now match with my XBox Live Gold account: No change. As expected. Others report the same.

I am done with it. Not my idea why I purchased the console from MS and monthly paying customer of a Gold account.
  10. skylaar Win User

Adding XBox Live to a Child Account

An easier solution would be to add Xbox Live Gold to your parent account and then set your Xbox One as your "Home" Xbox in the console settings. This will allow anyone to use it all the benefits of Gold. So all kids would have the ability to play online.

Now if you have more than one Xbox in your house then it just depends on who is using them. For example, I have an Xbox in my office and use to have one upstairs for my kids. I had Xbox Live Gold and would set the upstairs system is my "Home Xbox" so my
    kids could use it all they want. Then since Gold attaches to your gamertag and the home system, I could still play on my office xbox and even play games with them. No one else could use my office xbox though.

If you have two kids and two xbox systems. Then buy gold for one kid and have them log into the second system and set it as their "Home Xbox" and now both kids enjoy Gold off one purchase.

The same works for Game Pass and Digital Games, they all come with a license for one gamertag and then a second license for that gamertag's Home Xbox.
Thema:

1. I have been paying for Xbox Live Gold for my kid - now it's attached to my MS account WTH? - Similar Threads - been paying Live

2. Why have I been charged 12.99 for 14 day trial when i pay for game pass every month

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why have I been charged 12.99 for 14 day trial when i pay for game pass every month: Why have I been charged for microsoft 14 day trial when I pay for the game pass every month. 12.99 has came out of my account not happy d1b64e8e-02c3-41d0-9821-bc5430d50b64
  3. My pc game pass says that I didn't pay and it has been payed and charged from my card what...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My pc game pass says that I didn't pay and it has been payed and charged from my card what...: My pc game pass says that I didn't pay and it has been payed and charged from my card what can i do 89469cac-025f-4c36-89c7-8cf615f076ba
  4. Blood dragon appears. As not bought. But i seen in my bank statement iits been pay

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Blood dragon appears. As not bought. But i seen in my bank statement iits been pay: Something is wrong with my download game blood dragon and its been pay 71175e99-8525-44e1-adaa-a18c8d2b9d16
  5. How can I unsubscribe from a Pass that keeps telling me to pay while it's been months that...

in XBoX on Consoles
    How can I unsubscribe from a Pass that keeps telling me to pay while it's been months that...: The title says it all, how can I unsubscribe from Xbox Game Pass which keeps telling me to pay 9.99, while it's been months that I don't play, I'm not using this pass, but I can't unsubscribe and...
  6. I want to pay a suscription that has been blocked

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    I want to pay a suscription that has been blocked: I want to pay a suscription, I already have microsoft points, but i don`t have a credit card, what can i do? b2269116-6392-484c-8ddf-04c655f609f8
  7. I've been hacked and changed my gamertag now I have to pay, is it the only way to pay?

in XBoX on Consoles
    I've been hacked and changed my gamertag now I have to pay, is it the only way to pay?: Good Morning, I was hacked a while ago, I was able to recover the account by the means of security of Microsoft, My name is Gabriel, when I entered the account by the computer the name was like...
  8. I have been scammed - Why can't the money on my Microsoft account pay for my 3 month xbox live

in XBoX on Consoles
    I have been scammed - Why can't the money on my Microsoft account pay for my 3 month xbox live: I bought 15 pounds worth of Xbox live vouchers to find only find out that i can't pay for my 3 Month Xbox live membership. This is a scam seeing as my vouchers directly say 'Xbox live 10' on it...
  9. Need the gamertag "Glide" or "MyMy" recycled please, I'll pay for both, they haven't been in ...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Need the gamertag "Glide" or "MyMy" recycled please, I'll pay for both, they haven't been in ...: hello, Is it possible for you guys to recycle the Gamertags "Glide" or "MyMy"? Both have been unused and inactive for a couple of years and I would like to pay for both please, thank you Xbox....
  10. Hasn't been a year, but have to pay Gold again?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Hasn't been a year, but have to pay Gold again?: I wanted to see what deals there were for Gold Membership, then it said to upgrade to gold. I was confused since it hasn't been a year yet and it says to upgrade (meaning to me, to renew my...