: I have been hit with 2 DDoS attacks in the past week, something needs to be done!

Discus and support : I have been hit with 2 DDoS attacks in the past week, something needs to be done! in XboX Networking Hardware to solve the problem; : I have been hit with 2 DDoS attacks in the past week, something needs to be done! Its not lazy you have to realize one your ip is PUBLIC and is... Discussion in 'XboX Networking Hardware' started by bownguy, Jan 30, 2021.

1. bownguy
    bownguy Guest

: I have been hit with 2 DDoS attacks in the past week, something needs to be done!

Its not lazy you have to realize one your ip is PUBLIC and is required to connect to the internet as farscape mentioned there is no way to hide your ip as you would never be able tk connect online to the internet without one

Unless you are really smart and can create a mew system ip addresses have been around forever even on pre sneaker networks days as tcpip was used after ms networks and nwtware were competing and tcpip made it easier then custom protocols

You can payfor a vpn but thwy would attack it and you will diaconnect from your server not the internet

And fyi ddos happens ovrr the internet not xbox live

:)

bownguy, Jan 30, 2021
  2. ngocphi Win User

Its not lazy you have to realize one your ip is PUBLIC and is required to connect to the internet as farscape mentioned there is no way to hide your ip as you would never be able tk connect online to the internet without one

Unless you are really smart and can create a mew system ip addresses have been around forever even on pre sneaker networks days as tcpip was used after ms networks and nwtware were competing and tcpip made it easier then custom protocols

You can payfor a vpn but thwy would attack it and you will diaconnect from your server not the internet

And fyi ddos happens ovrr the internet not xbox live
  3. [Farscape] Win User

I have been hit with 2 DDoS attacks in the past week, something needs to be done!

Microsoft are in the process of making parties server based so they can eliminate ip snooping. but some (rather alot) of game still use peer to peer for there connections which means your ip is exposed there too.
  4. Daft Badger Win User

LR vBlessed fried my IP

Calling out gamertags is not allowed on the forums.

The only way to report someone is via your console.

If you have been ddos attacked then that is something you need to take up with your isp as it is done via your broadband.
  5. Daft Badger Win User

EA servers... What is happening?

I know EA have been ddos attacked so that may have something to do with it.
  6. Euler13 Win User

SO SICK OF XBOX LIVE AND XBOX ONE PROBLEMS !

It sounds like a massive DDoS attack. They got hit a week or so ago and tried to keep it under wraps then. They just need to be honest with us. However, the worst part is if it is an attack then how is it such a big organisation with the expertise behind
    it is unable to deal with a bunch of cyber thugs?
Thema:

1. : I have been hit with 2 DDoS attacks in the past week, something needs to be done! - Similar Threads - been hit DDoS

2. I have been charged £12.99 for a 14 day trial

in XBoX on Consoles
    I have been charged £12.99 for a 14 day trial: Hi, I’ve been charged £12.99 for a 14 day trial but my daughter hasn’t singed up to this. Could I please get a refund Thanks Kelly cc36edcb-6c79-4736-a289-bf7e11125203
  3. Why when I use my Fortnite vbuck card and put in the Xbox code its say it already been used...

in XBoX on Windows
    Why when I use my Fortnite vbuck card and put in the Xbox code its say it already been used...: I followed the directions on the game and when I went to the Xbox code and went on my console it didn’t work it’s said it had already Been used and it was 1,000 vbuck on that card that I can’t use...
  4. I have been experiencing intermittent issues trying to record games on my Xbox Series X....

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    I have been experiencing intermittent issues trying to record games on my Xbox Series X....: This is a drive I’ve used with my Xbox for months and never had an issue. The external drive is formatted properly (NTFS) and should be in full compliance for use with Xbox. When I begin...
  5. Im not able to login on the x box or Microsoft.Com i e been hacked, my game tag since bc is...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Im not able to login on the x box or Microsoft.Com i e been hacked, my game tag since bc is...: Im not able to login on the x box or Microsoft.Com i e been hacked, my game Name since the start is Xaywer, dont get it....... Pls tips 0fc9e936-32dd-42f6-83ee-579d1c03e71e
  6. Spam protection for LFG posts? Been real ng with spam for way too long

in XboX Insiders
    Spam protection for LFG posts? Been real ng with spam for way too long: Whenever I'm playing popular games and am looking for someone in the same mode or at the same level I am bombarded by posts of people advertising cheats and other services, a spam filter seems...
  7. I've been having screen tearing issues with my xbox series s while playing dying light 2 on...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I've been having screen tearing issues with my xbox series s while playing dying light 2 on...: I have a vizio smarttv model v405-G9 with an Xbox series s and the game In question is dying light 2 stay human reloaded edition When I play dying light 2 my screen keeps tearing every time I...
  8. Has anyone else been hit lately with viruses?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Has anyone else been hit lately with viruses?: This morning I woke up to odd pop ups asking me to log into "Something." I've not been on any odd sites but I got hammered with a ton of viruses. All that I saw were attached to the Gaming...
  9. "The Sacrifice" DLC is not available for download even though my account has been hit with...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    "The Sacrifice" DLC is not available for download even though my account has been hit with...: I'm trying to purchase all the DLC's for Left 4 Dead 2. I was able to purchase the "The Passing" DLC with no problems but when I tried to purchase the "The Sacrifice" DLC, it said that my account...
  10. My happiness has been hit with a C-C-C-C-COMBO BREAKER!

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My happiness has been hit with a C-C-C-C-COMBO BREAKER!: I would like to have someone that can help me respond to this, but I know that may not be possible.... On 12/7/2014, I purchased the Killer Instinct: Season 2 Combo Breaker Add-On. I was - at...