I have an Xbox X with a subscription. If I want my grandchild to play at home with me does...

Discus and support I have an Xbox X with a subscription. If I want my grandchild to play at home with me does... in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I have an Xbox X with a subscription. If I want my grandchild to play at home with me does she need a subscription also? In other words, we would be... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by SuperTag8107154, Dec 2, 2022.

1. I have an Xbox X with a subscription. If I want my grandchild to play at home with me does...

I have an Xbox X with a subscription. If I want my grandchild to play at home with me does she need a subscription also?

In other words, we would be sitting next to each other with two consoles. Connected to my Xbox X?

:)

SuperTag8107154, Dec 2, 2022
  2. Dérek Augusto Win User

I have an Xbox X with a subscription. If I want my grandchild to play at home with me does she need a subscription also?

Hello!

My name is Dérek, I'm an independent platform consultant and I'm grateful for the opportunity to help you.

SuperTag, unfortunately you will, my friend. If you want to play the same game, you will.

Now, if you are going to use it at different times, 1 at a time, you will be able to share your subscription without any problems between the consoles

I remain at your disposal if you have any further questions.
  3. dubstir Win User

Home Xbox Scenario

From your scenario, here's what you can do:

Set a home console that your children can use and you will play on the Xbox that isn't your home.

So whoever signs in on the console that isn't your home, only the gold can be shared.

So if the two children wanted to play together, anyone can log in on the Home Xbox, and for the non-home Xbox, he can only access your subscription if you're still logged in.

Let me know.
    Thank you for the clarification, sort of.

My account, the family creator and subscription holder, does not play on either Xbox.

Let's say this:

Minor 1 only plays on XS.

Minor 2 only plays on X.

All I want to achieve is what you said: "gold can be shared". I want both minors to be able to play their different online games on their Xbox simultaneously.

Ex:

Minor 1 on XS plays Madden 23

Minor 2 on X plays Minecraft

From what I know, both games only need the "Gold" subscription in order to play. There are no purchased games which the minors "share".

If I set XS as the home Xbox and minor 1 starts Madden 23, they should be good to go without signing into my account. Correct?

As soon as minor 2 turns on X and opens up Minecraft, they are unable to play until they log into my account and then switch back to their account. At that point minor 1 receives the message on the XS about play here or log out. And this is where the confusion sets in.

They are not sharing games, they are sharing the ability of the gold subscription to play online games.
  4. Radu Andrei Țențea Win User

XBOX game pass ultimate UK region. 2 xbox (one S one X).

Both suggestions seem the same. I tried it. Does not work.

My series s is NOT set as home and only my account with xgu is signed in and playing.

My series x is set as home console and tried playing as a child. It complained that I am already playing. Asked me if i want to logout on the x. I did that. Only child was left logged in. Then game would not launch. Said person that bought it needs to be signed in. Frustrating.

Thanks!
  5. ArminatorX Win User

Grandfather - 2 Boys Grandsons - We have two XBOX one S - until last week both had access to XBOX LIVE GOLD, via a single account, now we cannot seem to get the second account working? Please help.

Unfortunately, you don't describe which account has the Gold membership and how the "Home Consoles" are set up.

Let me give you a bit background knowledge:

Memberships and digital game purchases are tied to the user account that purchased the membership or digital game download. This "owner account" can go on any console, sign in with his account, and as long as this account is connected online, they have their
    Gold Membership and access to their games.

This "Owner account" can designate one single console as their "Home Console" as "yFoX inSanuS" describes above by going to the Settings and under "Personalization" define that one console as their "Home Console".

This setting will then share their Memberships and Games to that console. Which means: Anyone playing on that Home Console can play all the games and benefit from the Gold membership of the "owner".

So let's say "Grandchild1" owns the Gold membership, and "Grandchild2" doesn't. They each play on "Xbox One console 1" and "Xbox One Console 2" respectively.

So Grandchild 1 with the Gold membership signs in on the OTHER console (i.e. Console 2, owned by Grandchild 2), and sets Console 2 as their "Home Console". This Console 2 now shares Grandchild 1's Gold membership and games to anyone playing on Console 2.

As long as Grandchild 1 is connected online on any other console (i.e. his own Console 1) he still has his own Gold membership and Games.

BEWARE HOWEVER! The Home Console setting can only be changed 5 times during 365 days for every account! So don't change the Home Console setting unnecessarily.
  6. MommyUnleashed Win User

Switching home consoles and family sharing

what happens when i want to use the home (series x) and send my kids to the xbox one?

my daughter is trying to play on the xbox one and it says i have to sign in, but i am in the other room playing the main (home) xbox series X

how do we work around this?

honestly, i will probably never play the original xbox one console where everything was purchased and all games sit.

i would be playing on the 'home' xbox series x
Thema:

I have an Xbox X with a subscription. If I want my grandchild to play at home with me does...

1. I have an Xbox X with a subscription. If I want my grandchild to play at home with me does... - Similar Threads - subscription grandchild play

2. Subscriptions with game sharinh

in XBoX on Windows
    Subscriptions with game sharinh: Hello, i need help, i have my main account blueskiezzzz and my other one piggygaming, I have xbox ultimate on blue but i don't have it on piggygaming which means i can't get certain games, cloud...
  3. Has my subscription been updated?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Has my subscription been updated?: I just paid 99.99 for the yearly subscription and i need to know if it has been updated and if not I would like my money back ec21211b-c67c-4fe9-8556-168b670aa81b
  4. How do I enter a Game Pass code, without having to make it a subscription?

in XBoX on Windows
    How do I enter a Game Pass code, without having to make it a subscription?: My Xbox Game Pass Core code does not work. I ordered it off of Amazon and have paid for it in full, but it is requesting a payment method regardless. The code is fully functional as the server...
  5. I accidentally cancelled my subscription, and you guys took my funds now I can't subscribe...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I accidentally cancelled my subscription, and you guys took my funds now I can't subscribe...: Hi , I accidentally cancelled my subscription and I had funds now I can't resubscribe. Please help says you completed and took my funds. b9cb9bf1-61d7-4293-9170-e9c41d043a25
  6. I keep getting charged 13.55 even tho I don’t have any subscription. What do I do?

in XBoX Accessibility
    I keep getting charged 13.55 even tho I don’t have any subscription. What do I do?: How do I get it off so it stops. I don’t have any subscription and my card is not on xbox 8d15ab5e-a813-498e-b49c-663a273eb8bc
  7. Hi! I’m try to cancel a fortnite subscription on my Xbox but when I go to unsubscribe to it...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Hi! I’m try to cancel a fortnite subscription on my Xbox but when I go to unsubscribe to it...: When I go to unsubscribe to it on “account.Microsoft.com” I can’t do anything because it just keeps refreshing. Please help me! d3d57348-f67e-4fe5-bbde-ab9035f05660
  8. xbox bundle from EE 2 year game pass subscription

in XBoX on Windows
    xbox bundle from EE 2 year game pass subscription: I brought an xbox bundle from EE that came with a 2 year subscription to game pass there seems to be a glitch as it wont activate, does anyone know how to solve this?...
  9. Get To Know Our Team: Tyler - Technical Program Manager (Commerce & Subscriptions)

in XboX Insiders
    Get To Know Our Team: Tyler - Technical Program Manager (Commerce & Subscriptions): [IMG] submitted by /u/wynnXIP [link] [comments]
  10. Can't renew my Xbox Game Pass subscription

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't renew my Xbox Game Pass subscription: I tried so many times to renew my subscription but got this message Something happened on our end. Wait 24 hours and try again Please help . 663dcfb1-7a5f-4c3c-b2c0-524cc4a492d3