I have an Xbox series x that has a 2.1 HDMI cord that I bought however it's not working the...

Discus and support I have an Xbox series x that has a 2.1 HDMI cord that I bought however it's not working the... in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I have an Xbox series x that turns on however it has no signal on the screen . I have the new 2.1 HDMI cord that I purchased off Amazon so idk why it... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by SamiBJO, Nov 26, 2023.

  1. SamiBJO
    SamiBJO Guest

    I have an Xbox series x that has a 2.1 HDMI cord that I bought however it's not working the...


    I have an Xbox series x that turns on however it has no signal on the screen . I have the new 2.1 HDMI cord that I purchased off Amazon so idk why it has no signal

    :)
     
    SamiBJO, Nov 26, 2023
    #1
  2. ROBIN H 25 Win User

    Xbox series x

    And what if I buy a cable will it work
    The Xbox Series X will come with a HDMI 2.1 cable,

    But whether you use a HDMI 2.1 cable or not, the HDMI port on the TV needs to be HDMI 2.1 to achieve the 120hz refresh rates at 4K.

    using a HDMI 2.1 cable on a TV port with HDMI 2.0 will still only limit the Xbox Series X to 60hz refresh rates.

    [table][tr][td]Xbox Console HDMI Port[/td][td]HDMI Cable[/td][td]TV HDMI Port[/td][/tr][tr][td]Xbox Series X, HDMI 2.1[/td][td]HDMI 2.1[/td][td]HDMI 2.1 = 4K at 120hz[/td][/tr][tr][td]Xbox Series X, HDMI 2.1[/td][td]HDMI 2.0[/td][td]HDMI 2.1 = 4K at 60hz[/td][/tr][tr][td]Xbox Series X, HDMI 2.1[/td][td]HDMI 2.1[/td][td]HDMI 2.0 = 4K at 60hz[/td][/tr][/table]
  3. ROBIN H 25 Win User

    Variable Refresh Rate greyed out with a AMD compatible Monitor (HP 27xq AMD FreeSync monitor)

    The Xbox One X is the only console that has HDMI 2.1. Xbox One S has HDMI 2.0.
    The Xbox One S and One X both use HDMI 2.0,

    The Xbox One uses HDMI 1.4

    The Series X will have HDMI 2.1.
  4. THX1138 Win User

    Variable Refresh Rate greyed out with a AMD compatible Monitor (HP 27xq AMD FreeSync monitor)

    Hello,

    VRR is supported via HDMI 2.1. The Xbox One X is the only console that has HDMI 2.1. Xbox One S has HDMI 2.0. This Fall 2020 the new Xbox Series X will also support HDMI 2.1 features like VRR, Auto Low Latency Mode (ALLM) and up to 120fps support.
  5. NaZoooom Win User

    When are we getting the 21:9 update on Xbox One S/X

    Heres hoping that the Series X has support for 21:9 3440x1440 @ 120hz which I believe could easily handle it.
    Series X will have HDMI 2.1 which has a bandwidth of 48 Gbps. By contrast, HDMI 2.0 is 16 Gbps. But you'll need an HDMI 2.1 TV/Monitor of course.

    Yeah, HDMI 2.1 was a good choice but I don’t think there are any monitors with a HDMI 2.1 port yet, plenty of 8k TV’s now have the port but still a bit on the pricey side.

    The Series X has the power and means to support the format, heres hoping it is a feature added to the console by MS and adopted by developers and publishers.
  6. Obsessive Power Win User

    When are we getting the 21:9 update on Xbox One S/X

    Heres hoping that the Series X has support for 21:9 3440x1440 @ 120hz which I believe could easily handle it.
    Series X will have HDMI 2.1 which has a bandwidth of 48 Gbps. By contrast, HDMI 2.0 is 16 Gbps. But you'll need an HDMI 2.1 TV/Monitor of course.
Thema:

I have an Xbox series x that has a 2.1 HDMI cord that I bought however it's not working the...

Loading...
  1. I have an Xbox series x that has a 2.1 HDMI cord that I bought however it's not working the... - Similar Threads - series has HDMI

  2. Has anyone tried Nativra? Running Windows PC games natively on Xbox Series X

    in XboX Insiders
    Has anyone tried Nativra? Running Windows PC games natively on Xbox Series X: I came across this open-source project on GitHub called Nativra. It’s an experimental Xbox Dev Mode app that attempts to run Windows PC games directly on Xbox Series X|S, without streaming or...
  3. on my xbox series x Xbox console Store reviews are basically gone/“No one has rated…”...

    in XboX Insiders
    on my xbox series x Xbox console Store reviews are basically gone/“No one has rated…”...: For the last ~5 weeks, user reviews on the Xbox console Store UI are NOT loading for me across basically everything I’ve tested. On the console Store, the Reviews tab either shows: “No one has...
  4. If I have an Xbox one and my friend has an Xbox series x are we able to play NBA 2k25 together?

    in XBoX Games and Apps
    If I have an Xbox one and my friend has an Xbox series x are we able to play NBA 2k25 together?: If I have an Xbox one and my friend has an Xbox series x are we able to play NBA 2k25 together? 8a833af9-57ae-4a79-89cf-9900cf692c74
  5. I loaded onto my Minecraft on xbox series s and my survival world has disappeared i tried...

    in XBoX Games and Apps
    I loaded onto my Minecraft on xbox series s and my survival world has disappeared i tried...: Ive had the world for a few months and its only just disappeared my minecraft hasnt done anything like that before what should i do b62c569c-38ef-420d-9b3e-a70b96e68154
  6. I need to speak to someone at microsoft. My sons xbox series s account has disappeared.

    in XBoX Accessibility
    I need to speak to someone at microsoft. My sons xbox series s account has disappeared.: I need to speak to someone at microsoft. My sons xbox series s account has disappeared. I can access it on my phone but it just won't add back on his console. I have followed all the online...
  7. Has anyone had this problem with three series x where it turns it self off mid game then...

    in XBoX on Consoles
    Has anyone had this problem with three series x where it turns it self off mid game then...: My xbox series x for the last 2 months has been turning itself off while I'm playing a game which is more frustrating when I'm playing survival games. So it turns itself off mid game then turns...
  8. Why has my series X reset itself after unplugging the power cable?

    in XBoX on Consoles
    Why has my series X reset itself after unplugging the power cable?: something very strange happened to me. I was moving my console from downstairs upstairs and once I plugged the power cable in it did a Factory reset automatically. I have no idea why it’s taking...
  9. My son has bought GTA shark card for Xbox series x but he has the Xbox one version of the...

    in XBoX Games and Apps
    My son has bought GTA shark card for Xbox series x but he has the Xbox one version of the...: My son has bought gta shark card. He has an Xbox series x but plays on the Xbox one version of the game. The card he bought is the x box series x card but he is unable to redeem the card. He...
  10. Xbox Series X has glitchy/stuttering audio with headphones when on a menu, or in an app...

    in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X has glitchy/stuttering audio with headphones when on a menu, or in an app...: My Xbox Series X randomly started having glitchy or stuttering audio issues a few months ago, but only on menus, but now i realized that it effects apps as well (like Spotify, YouTube, etc)...