I have an xbox series s that is connected to a monitor with no speakers and no option for...

Discus and support I have an xbox series s that is connected to a monitor with no speakers and no option for... in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; The monitor itself has no audio out and I am connected to the monitor with HDMI. Not sure how to get speakers hooked up to this setup. I have some USB... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by John Westerman, Feb 6, 2023.

1. I have an xbox series s that is connected to a monitor with no speakers and no option for...

The monitor itself has no audio out and I am connected to the monitor with HDMI. Not sure how to get speakers hooked up to this setup. I have some USB speakers that I have plugged into my Xbox but they have no sound. Not sure what to do from here.

:)

John Westerman, Feb 6, 2023
  2. Obsessive Power Win User

120 fps on 144hz monitor?

Hi,

Not 'any monitor' no. They need to be be pretty much exactly 120Hz over HDMI. Forget the other refresh rates, 144Hz and beyond are PC refresh rates for PC connected via Display Port. Just because a display says 144Hz, 166Hz or whatever, doesn't mean it will support 120Hz when connected to an Xbox Series X.

However, monitor's have become really popular for console owners since the latest machines launched in 2020. There are loads of reviews of monitors that have been proven to work on Xbox Series X|S consoles.

https://www.eurogamer.net/digitalfoundry-best-gaming-monitor-7003

https://www.rtings.com/monitor/reviews/best/xbox-series-x-s

Also, YouTube is a great source of reviews and recommendations for displays for the Xbox Series X|S console. Ignore the reviews that are for PC unless they specifically show the monitor working on a console.

Lastly, bear in mind that unlike TV's, most monitors do not have built in speakers. To achieve sound without headphones will require you to connect a set of PC speakers via the monitors built in 3.5mm headphone jack.
  3. Obsessive Power Win User

Does the monitor AOC 24G2AE support 120hz on Xbox series s

Hi,

If it's the same as this this one: https://www.rtings.com/monitor/reviews/aoc/24g2, then it I would say unfortunately no.

When looking at monitors for the Series X|S, ignore the advertised refreshed rates for the moment. Just because it says 144Hz doesn't mean it will work at 120Hz on the Xbox. The advertised refresh rates for monitors are for the when the display is connected to a PC via display port, not a console via HDMI. Not all consoles support the Xbox at 120Hz over HDMI.

Also, most monitors don't have speakers. You would need separate speakers connected to the monitor via the 3.5mm headphone socket which most monitors do have.

To insure you buy a display that actually works on your console, I recommend you look at the ones in these two links:

https://www.rtings.com/monitor/reviews/best/xbox-series-x-s

https://www.eurogamer.net/digitalfoundry-best-gaming-monitor-7003
  4. andersonpassos Win User

How do I get xbox audio through my speakers which are plugged into my monitor by a 3.5mm jack?

Thank you for contact us! I'm Anderson, an Independent Consultant and a Microsoft user like you.

Good evening

To get Xbox audio through your Logitech Z200 speakers, which are connected to your AOC Gaming Q27G2E monitor via a 3.5mm jack, you'll need to make sure the audio is properly routed from your Xbox Series X to the monitor.

Check your monitor's audio input: First, make sure that your monitor (AOC Gaming Q27G2E) is capable of receiving audio through its 3.5mm audio input. Typically, monitors that have built-in speakers or an audio output port (3.5mm jack) also have an audio input option.

Connect the Xbox to the monitor: Use an HDMI cable to connect your Xbox Series X to the AOC Gaming Q27G2E monitor. This will handle the video signal.

Connect the speakers to the monitor: Plug the 3.5mm jack of your Logitech Z200 speakers into the audio output port on your monitor. This port should be labeled as an audio output or a headphone icon.

Configure Xbox audio settings: Once the physical connections are set up, you need to configure the audio settings on your Xbox Series X:

a. Press the Xbox button on your controller to open the guide.

b. Navigate to the System tab (gear icon) using the controller.

c. Go to Settings > General > Volume & audio output.

d. Under the "Speaker audio" section, select "HDMI audio."

e. Make sure to set "Headset audio" to "Off" or "Do nothing" since you're using the external speakers through the monitor.

Adjust the monitor's audio settings: On your AOC Gaming Q27G2E monitor, locate the on-screen display (OSD) menu button. This button may be labeled as "Menu" or have an icon of a monitor with buttons. Access the OSD menu and navigate to the audio settings. Ensure that the audio input is set to "3.5mm" or "Analog" to receive audio from the Xbox connected via HDMI.

Test the audio: After making these adjustments, play a game or video on your Xbox Series X to test the audio output through the Logitech Z200 speakers connected to your monitor.

If everything is set up correctly, you should now be able to hear the audio from your Xbox Series X through your Logitech Z200 speakers connected to your AOC Gaming Q27G2E monitor via the 3.5mm jack. Adjust the volume using the monitor's built-in controls or the volume control on the speakers themselves.
  5. MarkGammon Win User

Connecting Speakers to Xbox One S

hi - thanks - I haven't purchased any speakers yet, so any suggestions on compatible options would be good.

Just deciding whether I need a monitor with speakers (or a TV), or stick with a PC monitor and by speakers separately that connect to the xbox.
  6. StuartATrueRed Win User

xbox one s

Yes, you can use the Xbox One/S/X with a PC monitor with a hdmi connection. bear in mind though, if the monitor does not have speakers, then you will need to use a headset for sound.
Thema:

I have an xbox series s that is connected to a monitor with no speakers and no option for...

1. I have an xbox series s that is connected to a monitor with no speakers and no option for... - Similar Threads - series connected monitor

2. XBOX SERIES S — XBOX 360 connection/profile error

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBOX SERIES S — XBOX 360 connection/profile error: Hello! I recently got an Xbox Series S and have been attempting to play Fallout: New Vegas on it via backwards compatibility, however an issue has been coming up preventing me from this. I have...
  3. Xbox accessories app won't detect wired connection on my elite series 2 controller when it...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox accessories app won't detect wired connection on my elite series 2 controller when it...: I cannot use the accessories app for my elite series 2 controller on PC. Says use wired connection but it's already plugged in how do I fix this db14f4d0-0b14-4148-a926-845124931b8c
  4. What’s the best way to connect my series X to my monitor that doesn’t have HDMI?

in XBoX on Consoles
    What’s the best way to connect my series X to my monitor that doesn’t have HDMI?: I recently purchased a Samsung G85SB gaming monitor. Only after being delivered did I realize it doesn’t have an HDMI port only mini DP, a micro hdmi and a type c input. I could buy adapters to...
  5. I have an Xbox Series S and I want to connect it to my Dell P2214Hb Monitor that uses a...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I have an Xbox Series S and I want to connect it to my Dell P2214Hb Monitor that uses a...: When I connect an HDMI Cable to the Docking Station which is connected to my Xbox, the monitor doesn't seem to detect anything, even when i plug in the usb c type of plug to my xbox through a...
  6. VGA monitor says no signal when connected to xbox series s with hdmi to vga adapter

in XBoX on Consoles
    VGA monitor says no signal when connected to xbox series s with hdmi to vga adapter: Hello, I just got my hmdi to vga adapter to play my xbox series s on my vga monitor but when i turn my xbox on it just says no signal please can someone help me as I'm not sure what to do....
  7. What would cause my Series S to connect to my LG monitor but not my Samsung TV??

in XBoX on Consoles
    What would cause my Series S to connect to my LG monitor but not my Samsung TV??: My 4K Samsung TV is connecting to my PC, my PS5, and my Switch, but not my Xbox Series S. My Series S connects to my computer monitor, but not the TV. So what's going wrong here? I've tried...
  8. I’m trying to connect my Xbox series s with an HP w2408h monitor

in XBoX on Consoles
    I’m trying to connect my Xbox series s with an HP w2408h monitor: every time I do it gives me a black screen and it says input signal out of range change settings to 1920x1200 60Hz. I’ve already tried restarting my video settings on my Xbox but it still won’t...
  9. White light flickering like a photoflash on xbox series x connected to 4K monitor

in XBoX on Consoles
    White light flickering like a photoflash on xbox series x connected to 4K monitor: I have a xbox series x which I used to play in fullHD monitor. I always wanted a 4k monitor and I finally got a samsung 32uj59 UHD 4k monitor and was really happy that now I can get the full...
  10. Hi, I have a question about my Xbox series s connected to a dell monitor and it does not...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Hi, I have a question about my Xbox series s connected to a dell monitor and it does not...: Hi, I have a question about my Xbox series s connected to a dell monitor and it does not have a hdmi port. So I bought this dvi to hdmi cable since my monitor does not have a hdmi port and it...