I have an Xbox one and Xbox series x, both have open nat types in network settings but when...

Discus and support I have an Xbox one and Xbox series x, both have open nat types in network settings but when... in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I have an Xbox one and Xbox series x, both have open nat types in network settings but when I enter a game the nat type is moderate, how can I fix this... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by JuiCiE1213, Nov 23, 2022.

1. JuiCiE1213
    JuiCiE1213 Guest

I have an Xbox one and Xbox series x, both have open nat types in network settings but when...

I have an Xbox one and Xbox series x, both have open nat types in network settings but when I enter a game the nat type is moderate, how can I fix this issue?

:)

JuiCiE1213, Nov 23, 2022
  2. Superman290496 Win User

Xbox making static clicking noises on chat

NAT type on both his xbox one x, one s and my series x is Open
  3. mk4Y Win User

Port Forwarding for 2 XBox 1X Consoles

Open the standard ports for your first xbox and set it up with static IP.

For your second Xbox, also another static IP. Then you go on xbox setup to the network settings and select there alternative ports.

(I have also two Xbox One X in my network and both has open NAT)
  4. Kathy A. Win User

Can't play with a specific friend unless another friend hosts for both of us...

Hi Tankerjack,

Welcome to Xbox Community Forum. Thank you for sharing your concern with us today and we hope that all is well.

We're sorry to hear that you were having issues playing Xbox games with your closest friend. We understand that you wanted to take turns in hosting the game and just enjoy each other's company. Let us check on this together so you will get back to gaming.

To better isolate your issue, we would like to ask few questions:

1. What is your Xbox NAT type? Do you have any error messages or code seen on the NAT or Network Settings?

Kindly go to Xbox Console's Settings. Select Network and Network Settings. Look for NAT Type.
    2. May we ask if you have the same NAT type with your friend? (NAT Type: Open, Moderate, Strict, Unavailable)? Does your friend have any error messages or code?

(Like Double NAT detected, 0x89231906, Can’t get a Teredo IP address, NAT Type: Unavailable, Teredo is unable to qualify).
    NAT type determines whether you can successfully use multiplayer gaming or party chat. Having an Open NAT can allow you to host a multiplayer games. Moderate, Strict and Unavailable NAT Type cannot host a match. NAT Type Moderate can only play with some people, not all because NAT Type Strict will only play with players on Open NAT Type. If NAT is unavailable, you’ll be unable to use party chat or connect to multiplayer games for some Xbox titles.

Resources:

Troubleshoot NAT errors and multiplayer game issues | Xbox Support

Moving from Xbox One to Xbox Series X|S | Xbox Support

Troubleshoot your Xbox network connection | Xbox Support

NAT type on Windows displays "Teredo is unable to qualify" | Xbox Support

We look forward to your response. Kindly let us know, if there is any misunderstanding or clarifications of our description by sending us a reply.

Sincerely,

Xbox Forum Moderator

Microsoft Community

P.S. No worries about the category, we will move it to the right one. This thread is moved to Devices and networking / Networking help.
  5. CptMorgnNoBeard Win User

Not Able To Speak In Game Chat On Dayz

Hi there,

Please check the NAT type of the Xbox in network settings. You require a open nat type in order to not have issues with game and party chat. Please refer to these trouble shooting types https://beta.support.xbox.com/help/Hardware-Network/connect-network/xbox-one-nat-error
  6. RedCarGamer Win User

Major xbox live party issue [0x89234020] "Your network settings are blocking party chat"

Go check your Network Settings and see what NAT type is. For a good party connection you will need to have NAT type set in Open.

Try this
    Xbox NAT Error
    troubleshoot.
Thema:

1. I have an Xbox one and Xbox series x, both have open nat types in network settings but when... - Similar Threads - series both open

2. Both my controller and my headset have started to not connect to my xbox series x

in XBoX on Consoles
    Both my controller and my headset have started to not connect to my xbox series x: EverytimeI try to connect my controller and Bluetooth xbox headset to my xbox its just doesn't work f8f763ee-d568-4cde-8e12-af4b6f0d075a
  3. Xbox Elite Series 2 will both register a keystroke as well as a button prompt

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Elite Series 2 will both register a keystroke as well as a button prompt: As the title says, my Xbox elite series 2 will register both a keystroke and a button prompt when I press a button, not only that, it registers as both a controller and a virtual keyboard from...
  4. Just picked up a new Xbox Elite controller Series 2 and both triggers are unresponsive the...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Just picked up a new Xbox Elite controller Series 2 and both triggers are unresponsive the...: Ordered a brand new controller online from Amazon plugged it in everything works except the triggers feeling like I just wasted my money and time waiting for the product I have done updates I've...
  5. I have went to argos twice to buy a elite series 2 core controller but both times they have...

in XBoX on Windows
    I have went to argos twice to buy a elite series 2 core controller but both times they have...: I have went to argos twice to buy a elite series 2 core controller but both times they have came out of the box with a wobbly and broken right stick b2106119-3ac3-41fd-9220-c0c9f5a83d2c
  6. Can't sign into Xbox Live when playing 360 games, both on Series X and a 360 console

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't sign into Xbox Live when playing 360 games, both on Series X and a 360 console: Hi, guys. It's me. Senior ambassador and Xbox product tester. Sign in is broken for 360 games on the Series X again! Can't sign in on my 360 console either. January, July, October and now...
  7. I cannot join my friend nor can he join me in xbox one games. We both have xbox series...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    I cannot join my friend nor can he join me in xbox one games. We both have xbox series...: I cannot join my friend nor can he join me in xbox one games. We both have xbox series consoles. f8b46043-3d91-4bb2-9867-388c6e3a7c7c
  8. Will both the Lego Batman The Video Game 1&2 Xbox 360 discs work on the Xbox Series X?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Will both the Lego Batman The Video Game 1&2 Xbox 360 discs work on the Xbox Series X?: My Xbox 360 is broken and I was wondering if the discs for the Xbow 360 games:Lego Batman The Video Game 1&2 work on thr Xbox Series X. 5a8c130e-21de-40a6-8a89-642bde240e2b
  9. Can't sign in on Xbox (both app and series s)

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can't sign in on Xbox (both app and series s): Hi there, I've been trying to sign in for a while now, even unplugged my Xbox and everything, but can't sign in anywhere. The reference I get is 0x87DD0033 - any idea how I can resolved this...
  10. Will the same xbox game pass subscription cover both xbox one and xbox series x

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Will the same xbox game pass subscription cover both xbox one and xbox series x: I will have two consoles in my house, an xbox one and an xbox series x. If I buy a gamepass subscription on the series x, will it cover the xbox one? a914e2f1-c717-46ad-849e-0c69a6b9fe05