I have an XBox 360 Kinect from 2011. Which remote control can I buy to use it? Tengo un...

Discus and support I have an XBox 360 Kinect from 2011. Which remote control can I buy to use it? Tengo un... in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I have an XBox 360 Kinect from 2011. Which remote control can I buy to use it? Tengo un XBox 360 Kinect del 2011. Cual control remoto puedo comprar... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Queens2, Feb 25, 2023.

1. Queens2
    Queens2 Guest

I have an XBox 360 Kinect from 2011. Which remote control can I buy to use it? Tengo un...

I have an XBox 360 Kinect from 2011. Which remote control can I buy to use it? Tengo un XBox 360 Kinect del 2011. Cual control remoto puedo comprar para utilizarlo?

:)

Queens2, Feb 25, 2023
  2. SwordofWhedon Win User

I have an XBox 360 Kinect from 2011. Which remote control can I buy to use it? Tengo un XBox 360 Kinect del 2011. Cual control remoto puedo comprar para utilizarlo ?

I. Not sure what you’re asking. It’s a peripheral for Xbox 360 it has no remote control functions
  3. Randver Win User

The New media remote is an alternate for the Kinect

@GG The advantage of the remote over the controller is that you don't have to turn it on so it's always ready.

I own the 360 and PS3 remotes which were a much better alternative to the controller for Netflix, Hulu, etc simply for that reason.

Personally for me the voice commands on the Kinect are hit or miss so a remote will allow me to avoid having to get into arguments with my Kinect about which TV channel I actually wanted to watch.
  4. pinkpanda1204 Win User

Xbox fitness remote control doesn't work

Does anybody else have games that just don't support navigation using the Xbox Remote Control? I can only control it with the Xbox Controller or my hand via Kinect. Seems silly that the Remote Control wouldn't do the job!
  5. BobMcFly247 Win User

Correct remote code, but remote doesn't work

I think thats a little misunderstanding. The One can not react on the remote commands from your cable or tv remotes at all.

The One is able to send these remote commands itself and act as a remote control that way. So you are able to use smartglass as universal remote to control your devices via the One or use voice commands to do the same with the kinect. But you cannot use
    your remotes to do anything on the One.

Of course you can use your remote controls to send commands to the respective device even if the One is configured to control them. It's more like you can choose to control your TV and cable box with the One (with Kinect, Smartglass or controller ) AND/OR
    your usual remotes.
  6. voteDC Win User

Why play to sony trolls ms?

[quote user="kingvas78"]catering to the needs of the people who claim they cant afford $500 but can afford $400.... meh[/quote]The issue isn't one of cost, I could go out now and buy an Xbox One, but rather I don't like to buy things things I won't use.

I don't have the room to make use of Kinect games or features, so the device would be reduced to a voice remote control. While the Kinect voice commands for the 360 were fun for a while, it was just as easy to use my media remote to do the same task.

Unfortunately Kinect 2.0 still falls into this category. I don't have the space to use it and so it'd be used only for voice commands.

If that is all I wanted then I would be using the voice recognition software on my PC.
Thema:

1. I have an XBox 360 Kinect from 2011. Which remote control can I buy to use it? Tengo un... - Similar Threads - 360 Kinect 2011

2. I have Xbox 360 S with Kinect special edition with 250gb storage.

in XBoX on Consoles
    I have Xbox 360 S with Kinect special edition with 250gb storage.: Some days back my console run a E68 error and I found out that my hdd is dead I have one simple question Can i use my usb drive as my primary storage without the internal hdd( will it work as...
  3. I have a Xbox 360 S console with Kinect Special Edition. Today i encountered a problem with...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I have a Xbox 360 S console with Kinect Special Edition. Today i encountered a problem with...: Then i Searched the web for solutions and removed my hard drive and it turned on normally. But after inserting the hard drive the E68 code occurs. Can Xbox games and Kinect games can run...
  4. Why isn't my XBOX 360 Kinect sensor show the rest of my body?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why isn't my XBOX 360 Kinect sensor show the rest of my body?: Only my head and arms are recognized, I think it's broken. Is there anything that you could recommend? 5d5e479b-7f16-4c03-89de-90fa1bbb030a
  5. Xbox 360 kinect will not work without system update. How can I update now that Xbox 360 is...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 kinect will not work without system update. How can I update now that Xbox 360 is...: I bought Xbox 360 with kinect when Just Dance came out - so a long time ago. Unfortunately, I was unable to play it very often. I recently decided to get it out of the closet after after not being...
  6. How do I legally emulate Xbox 360 games(Including Kinect games) on windows 10/11?

in XBoX on Windows
    How do I legally emulate Xbox 360 games(Including Kinect games) on windows 10/11?: I want to play xbox 360 games on my pc because some of them are discontinued and most of them are cheaper. After I sold my xbox 360 console, but a few years later I found my xbox 360 games that I...
  7. Why is my xbox 360 Kinect sensor only pointing upwards

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is my xbox 360 Kinect sensor only pointing upwards: Why does my Xbox 360 Kinect keep pointing upwards 738c396a-94d2-4d98-b156-de092f3911a8
  8. Can I play Xbox 360 kinect games on my xbox one kinect?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can I play Xbox 360 kinect games on my xbox one kinect?: I have an Xbox one with a Kinect. If I purchase an Xbox 360 kinect game, will it work with my Xbox one Kinect? bb9ede62-7604-4ebc-b67c-d8667b63279f
  9. Can’t connect to Xbox live on Xbox 360 NXE Kinect dashboard

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can’t connect to Xbox live on Xbox 360 NXE Kinect dashboard: I currently purchased an Xbox 360 slim and I can’t connect to Xbox live. The dashboard is on the second to last update for the NXE Kinect dashboard. My goal is to update to the metro dashboard....
  10. Is it still possible to connect a Kinect v1 for Xbox 360 to a Linux computer?

in XBoX on Windows
    Is it still possible to connect a Kinect v1 for Xbox 360 to a Linux computer?: I decided to see if I can still work with an old Kinect that I had in the house, just as a fun project. I have rewired the cable to be able to work with an USB 2.0 cable, adding a 12V charger...