I have access to game pass games without subscription I’m confused.

Discus and support I have access to game pass games without subscription I’m confused. in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; I used to have a Xbox game pass subscription but I cancelled it and it ran out yesterday. However I can still play forza and other game pass titles I’m... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by George McKee1, Mar 19, 2023.

1. I have access to game pass games without subscription I’m confused.

I used to have a Xbox game pass subscription but I cancelled it and it ran out yesterday. However I can still play forza and other game pass titles I’m not complaining but why is this I’m confused and don’t want to be paying for it.

:)

George McKee1, Mar 19, 2023
  2. Kimmy_24 Win User

Hi George, I'm Kim, an Independent Advisor and I’m happy to help you today.

It's possible if someone is sharing their subscription with you. You can check the Microsoft store app and see if there are other profiles signed in with active game pass. At the upper right corner of the screen click the ellipses button (…) and select Settings then check if Offline Permissions is On. If there's none, then it could be a temporary glitch.

Kindly also sign in at account.microsoft.com/services to make sure that your game pass is already cancelled. Thank you!
  3. Smwutches Win User

Got a real problem now

Ah that’s a relief … Would I lose any benefits of my game pass to my family because of this situation or is the home box is specifically for sharing games with family ? I’m failing to understand . Or my game pass is linked to my email address ? If so then I’m sorry for any confusion. . What is the the point of this home box procedure ? What does it specifically do please explain ? You put games on the home box for others to share ? Yes ? Then I set to lose out on my game pass for a year ? Or maybe I’m not understanding something here. Please enlighten my brain
    It won't have any effect on your subscription. The only thing the Home setting does is allow you to share subscriptions/games with other accounts on that console. The subscription is tied to your account so as long as your account is signed in, you can still access the subscription/games.
  4. Smwutches Win User

Hello there i wanted to ask what does included with game pass in microsoft store means? does it mean if i buy xbox game pass the games will be free for me? permanently and forever?

It means if you have a Game Pass subscription, you can play those games without buying them. You will only be able to access the games as long as you have a subscription and as long as they are included with Game Pass.
  5. Smwutches Win User

Ultimate game pass

Did he have the game itself purchased prior to having Game Pass or was he playing the game through Game Pass? If the game itself (not just content) wasn't purchased and he was accessing it through Game Pass, he would lose access to the game without a Game Pass subscription.

As far as the Gold, you can verify his subscriptions at http://account.microsoft.com to verify if it still shows the subscription.
  6. Smwutches Win User

Does having Game Pass PC allow me to play for free?

Since the game is included with Game Pass, you can play it without having to purchase the game. That's what Game Pass is for. If you cancel the subscription, you will lose access to the game.
Thema:

1. I have access to game pass games without subscription I’m confused. - Similar Threads - access game pass

2. Why is my Xbox telling me to purchase Xbox game pass to access online services for select...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is my Xbox telling me to purchase Xbox game pass to access online services for select...: Some games, not all of them, including monster hunter world and elden ring continue to tell me I need to purchase Xbox game pass to play them and access online multiplayer. I am able to play them...
  3. I need help accessing my new console and accumulated games, not game pass through my tv.

in XBoX on Consoles
    I need help accessing my new console and accumulated games, not game pass through my tv.: I need to access my console and accumulated games, not game pass through my tv. ebc296ad-7937-407a-9ede-eaf1c319da9a
  4. I can't access ForzaHorizon 5 Premium add-on contents in Xbox Game Pass Ultimate

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I can't access ForzaHorizon 5 Premium add-on contents in Xbox Game Pass Ultimate: Yesterday I bought the xbox game pass ultimate and it promised that I would get access to the forza premium add-on, but I didn't get it. 3a6f7836-cda1-4287-a13b-343d3e5247c8
  5. Why can’t I access game pass games when I own the PC game pass?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why can’t I access game pass games when I own the PC game pass?: I got the PC game pass for 3 months and I cannot access any of the games that should come with game pass. Microsoft is telling me to buy the game pass despite me owning it, I even checked in the...
  6. Home Xbox setting not Sharing Online Access but sharing Game pass Games.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Home Xbox setting not Sharing Online Access but sharing Game pass Games.: It's about as confusing as it sounds. This happen as of Last night on Dec 15, 2023. I Have tried giving it a Power Cycle and it still was acting funky. I Tried removing it and Re-adding it as a...
  7. Share access to PC Game Pass

in XBoX Accessibility
    Share access to PC Game Pass: I have access to PC Game Pass on my Windows PC on my own account billed monthly. I want to give access to this to my son who also uses my PC on a different user. We do not have an Xbox, and do not...
  8. Unable to access Xbox Live Gold games even though I have game pass

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Unable to access Xbox Live Gold games even though I have game pass: So back when I had Xbox Live Gold I got The Division as a Gold game, and I recently decided to play it again. However whenever I go to open the game it says I need to renew my Xbox Subscription...
  9. Xbox Game Pass on PC App Access

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox Game Pass on PC App Access: I recently downloaded Like A Dragon Gaiden: The Man Who Erased His Name through xbox game pass on PC and when it asks for access to my profile the name of the app title shows up as a bunch of...
  10. How many profiles can access game pass and game share.

in XBoX Accessibility
    How many profiles can access game pass and game share.: I have 3 sons and my family game pass and game share will only allow 2 of them to sign in. How do all 3 access game pass and share. 98f97fd1-3d2e-46df-a2fe-a8d43d1b0810