I have a Xbox series x my son has a Nintendo switch can I add him to my friends list so we...

Discus and support I have a Xbox series x my son has a Nintendo switch can I add him to my friends list so we... in XBoX Rewards & Social to solve the problem; I just bought a Xbox series x for myself and I bought my 7 yo a Nintendo switch...he wants to play games with me on his console how do I add him as a... Discussion in 'XBoX Rewards & Social' started by bernice Ferguson, Jan 8, 2023.

1. I have a Xbox series x my son has a Nintendo switch can I add him to my friends list so we...

I just bought a Xbox series x for myself and I bought my 7 yo a Nintendo switch...he wants to play games with me on his console how do I add him as a friend on my Xbox series x

:)

bernice Ferguson, Jan 8, 2023
  2. Smwutches Win User

I have a Xbox series x my son has a Nintendo switch can I add him to my friends list so we can play games together from our individual consoles?

The Switch and Xbox have different types of friend's lists, so you won't be able to add his Nintendo account on Xbox and vice versa. If he has a Microsoft account for games like Minecraft, then he should have a gamertag associated with that and you can add that.
  3. AprilRoseS Win User

Minecraft Nintendo Switch/ Add friends/ Gamertag

Thank you for your assistance Diego. Unfortunately the article and explanation did not help with adding friends, however the Gamer Tag issue seems to have corrected itself. I am still wondering how I can turn on permissions for my sons account to add friends.
    I have added him to my "family" but there is nothing in in "manage" regarding permissions for adding friends. We share an Xbox Live subscription, could this be why? Is he only able to have his own friends if I purchase Xbox live for him too? He only plays
    Minecraft on Nintendo and I have purchased Nintendo online already.
  4. some user that hates Win User

xbox series x is rubbish.

being forced to connect to the internet with these silly rescrictions for a games console to try to prevent pirated games seriously

the xbox one and xbox series x probably has the strongest suecurity muesures in game console history. ps5 and nintendo switch

doesent have that kind of strong rescritions that xbox series x have. playstation and nintendo consoles may have that when they go all digital in the future. i might sell that junkbox seriesous x and stay with my PS5 and my switch lite. and what if the xbox network shuts down like in about 60 years time and cant add a profile or cant pass the initial setup its gonna render the console useless.

we saw it with xbox live on the og xbox and xbox 360 might be next. microsoft needs to think about that in the future.
  5. iKayyJayy Win User

Me and my friend both keeping getting error when trying to friend each other

I have the exact same issue with 3 of my friends, they are not on my blocked list and I am not on theirs. I can re add them once they send me a message and vice versa but when we both add each other it will delete him off my friends list once my xbox turns
    off and back on and then i have to rinse and repeat to add him again.
  6. CloudierJet942 Win User

7 year old boy looking for Minecraft friends

Hi debbie

I am to looking for friends for my son who is six going to be seven this November. We don't have a mic currently either but plan to get one soon. I will add ur son to his friends list! Anyone else reading this and has a child that loves to play minecraft
    add my son!
Thema:

I have a Xbox series x my son has a Nintendo switch can I add him to my friends list so we...

1. I have a Xbox series x my son has a Nintendo switch can I add him to my friends list so we... - Similar Threads - series son has

2. My sons xbox series s wont let him use a headset to talk with anyone, i think we have set...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    My sons xbox series s wont let him use a headset to talk with anyone, i think we have set...: My sons xbox series s wont let him use a headset to talk with his friends, if i factory reset it can i download games i have already purchased again?? aa06192c-8517-4ebb-9060-4741170d0830
  3. I bought xbox series x for my kids, still have xbox 1. Now when my son tries to play...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I bought xbox series x for my kids, still have xbox 1. Now when my son tries to play...: I bought xbox series x for my kids, still have xbox 1. Now when my son tries to play roblox, it asks for a disc to be inserted? What's the issue? Only happening on the old xbox....
  4. My Son has FC24 on Xbox Series S and has added a friend who has a PS5... why can't they...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My Son has FC24 on Xbox Series S and has added a friend who has a PS5... why can't they...: The Cross Play feature is enabled, they are friends but when he tries to add him to play a game he isn't there for selection in the Online friends list. In fact it doesn't even show the Online...
  5. My sons g923 connects to his series x won’t work, when we connect it the wheel spins but we...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My sons g923 connects to his series x won’t work, when we connect it the wheel spins but we...: Trouble connecting g923 to Xbox x 208fba5e-e859-44f7-944e-29c7136b04f8
  6. My Son has the Xbox S series, we’ve connected the G923 to it and it works up until he needs...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Son has the Xbox S series, we’ve connected the G923 to it and it works up until he needs...: My Son has the Xbox S series, we’ve connected the G923 steering wheel to it and it works up until he needs to press A to start Forza 5, but then it won’t respond to start a game. Any idea’s of...
  7. My son xbox series x seems to have a busted gpu. Help

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My son xbox series x seems to have a busted gpu. Help: My son's xbox series x seems to have a busted gpu. It has some weird lines. It has 2 years old only . 7c26cdd9-0e76-4c41-a4ab-34ab40763158
  8. My son can't connect to the internet with his Xbox series s because of the Teredo IP...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My son can't connect to the internet with his Xbox series s because of the Teredo IP...: Can the Teredo IP address issue be fixed? 62217697-bed5-416d-8991-d6eafe78b895
  9. Son needs help transferring games from Xbox One to Series s

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Son needs help transferring games from Xbox One to Series s: My son is having a couple of issues transferring Dying Light & Battlefield 2042 from Xbox One to Series S. Most of his existing library has successfuly migrated via network transfer, but with...
  10. Trying to set up my son’s series s- on his birthday! Stuck on ‘update complete!’ Screen...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Trying to set up my son’s series s- on his birthday! Stuck on ‘update complete!’ Screen...: Greetings- frustrated dad here trying to set up my son’s series s on his birthday! He started setting it up before school and I think did some things out of order. Performed update then had to go...