I have a wired Xbox one controller and somehow the right analog stick broke last night.

Discus and support I have a wired Xbox one controller and somehow the right analog stick broke last night. in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; When I'm on the controller configuration or whatever it is in the setting it's not reading the input when I move the analog stick to the left, so... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by SPACEøGHOST, Jan 11, 2023.

1. SPACEøGHOST
    SPACEøGHOST Guest

I have a wired Xbox one controller and somehow the right analog stick broke last night.

When I'm on the controller configuration or whatever it is in the setting it's not reading the input when I move the analog stick to the left, so again, right analog stick not reading the left directional input. Any ideas how I could go about trying to fix this. T.I.A

:)

SPACEøGHOST, Jan 11, 2023
  2. John P_14 Win User

Hi and thanks for reaching out. I hope you’re doing well. I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft user like you and I'll be happy to help you.

I'm sorry to hear you're having a problem with your controller. Here are a few things you can try:

1. Check the controller's calibration. Make sure that the analog sticks are properly calibrated and that the left stick is registering input when moved to the left.

2. Clean the controller. Clean the analog sticks with a soft cloth or a Q-tip dipped in rubbing alcohol to remove any debris.

3. Update the controller's firmware

If none of these steps work, I'm afraid it is already a mechanical issue so it may be worth considering getting a replacement controller.
  3. Lei Fang DOAX3 Win User

FPS gamers, what is the average life span of your analog sticks?

Hello everyone :)

I just replaced the Xbox One controller that came with my Kinectless Xbox One bundle yesterday so it lasted me 8 months.

The left analog stick wasn't very responsive to Destiny's click it down to run function and the right analog stick was drifting up (making it hard for me to snipe without having to compensate for the up drift).

Have a nice day or afternoon or night everyone :)
  4. Lei Fang DOAX3 Win User

Controllers

Hello "fuelldbyhate" :)

Sorry to hear about your issues, I hope that you will be happy again soon.

I just replaced the Xbox One controller that came with my console today, it lasted 8 months. The right analog stick was drifting up :(

Fortunately, I was prepared and I had bought two extra ones just in case LOL :)

FPS games destroy analog sticks, and buying the Kinectless Xbox One allowed me to purchase an extra controller.

Have a nice day or afternoon or night "fuelldbyhate" :)
  5. Lei Fang DOAX3 Win User

B button on controller not working

From MY experience with Xbox controllers, the Xbox 360 seems to be built much tougher than the Xbox One controllers (not Xbox One S controller).

At the moment, my Right Analog Stick is beginning to drift upwards on its own :(

6. Lei Fang DOAX3 Win User

Analogue Stick Drift - Have you had it?

My right analog stick is beginning to drift upwards, but it isn't so bad right now.

Fortunately, I have 2 Xbox One controllers ready to go when my current one finally gets really bad :)

Thema:

1. I have a wired Xbox one controller and somehow the right analog stick broke last night. - Similar Threads - wired controller somehow

2. so my xbox wired controller is acting wierd on xbox game pass app it makes me look around...

in XBoX on Consoles
    so my xbox wired controller is acting wierd on xbox game pass app it makes me look around...: so my xbox wired controller is acting wierd on xbox game pass app it makes me look around LT and RT instead of one of my joysticks f4b7a134-1bf5-46de-a074-9f4c339e40f9
  3. My wired Xbox controller

in XBoX on Consoles
    My wired Xbox controller: Hey I bought a wired Xbox controller in December and it won’t work on my Xbox one till this day * Moved from Community Center 08594fb2-87f5-4e39-a978-c09a25b66842
  4. My wired controller won't turn on. on my xbox but work on my brother xbox

in XBoX on Windows
    My wired controller won't turn on. on my xbox but work on my brother xbox: My wired controller won't turn on. on my xbox but work on my brother xbox e667e29d-baa6-4e38-b72a-77fe31dd074f
  5. My Xbox Controller won't appear in the bluethooth tab, but it will connect via wire.

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox Controller won't appear in the bluethooth tab, but it will connect via wire.: I've been trying to connect my Xbox controller to my pc via bluethooth but it won't appear in the bluethooth area, I tried updating the drivers, updating the controller through the Xbox...
  6. My wired Xbox 360 controller isn't recognized by Windows anymore.

in XBoX on Consoles
    My wired Xbox 360 controller isn't recognized by Windows anymore.: I have a wired Xbox 360 controller and Windows 11. When I plug in the controller it says "USB device not recognized. The last USB device you connected to this computer malfunctioned, and Windows...
  7. Xbox controller when wired to PC stops responding every time when put at certain angles

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox controller when wired to PC stops responding every time when put at certain angles: I plug in my Xbox wireless controller to PC for gaming. Whenever I put it down or it reaches at a level angle, it immediately stops responding (all buttons stop working but the light is on). The...
  8. Controller not vibrating via wire

in XBoX on Consoles
    Controller not vibrating via wire: My bluetooth device on my PC is broken so I chose to connect the controller via wire. However neither of my Xbox Elite nor Xbox Wireless are able to vibrate with the wire. I checked Xbox...
  9. Why do I lose Atmos surround sound when I plug a headset into my wired controller?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why do I lose Atmos surround sound when I plug a headset into my wired controller?: The moment I plug my headset in to my Razer Wolverine V2 controller the sound mode on my XBOX changes the audio output to stereo uncompressed. The sound output cannot be changed back to any type...
  10. Why does my elite controller series two disconnect when wire isn’t plugged in

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my elite controller series two disconnect when wire isn’t plugged in: My elite series two controller keeps on disconnecting when the wire isn’t connected, I’ll be using it then suddenly I can’t move in my game or scroll on YouTube I look down and see the light...