I have a wired connection via ethernet cable but my NAT is strict

Discus and support I have a wired connection via ethernet cable but my NAT is strict in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; This problem just started happening to me. It has been fine for months since I got my ethernet cord. I’ve been looking through old forums and help... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Mason Young, Sep 22, 2022.

1. Mason Young
    Mason Young Guest

This problem just started happening to me. It has been fine for months since I got my ethernet cord. I’ve been looking through old forums and help pages all day and can’t fix it. It’s very annoying because I know it just started happening within the week and has never been a problem before.

:)

Mason Young, Sep 22, 2022
  2. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Hi and thanks for reaching Microsoft Xbox gamer's community. My name is Josef.

I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft Xbox user like you.

Hope you're doing great today despite this Mason

There are some routers that require to "unlock" the port that you're using to connect the console.

You may need to double check with your ISP (Internet Service Provider) if the port is fully unlocked.

If the issue persists after that, double check with them if the ports required for the Xbox network in your internet are opened

Port 88 (UDP)

Port 3074 (UDP and TCP)

Port 53 (UDP and TCP)

Port 80 (TCP)

Port 500 (UDP)

Port 3544 (UDP)

Port 4500 (UDP)

If yes, ask them to close the ports and re-open them
  3. ice S 0 Win User

A fix for to get your NAT opened.

I was having Nat issues a little while ago on my xb1 that is connected to the router via Ethernet cable. Lan port forwarding worked but would go back to strict when my xbox turned off. Ever since i did this i don't have NAT problems no more.
  4. Twistedflax Win User

NAT Issues

Do you use the 'Always On' feature? I did but noticed my NAT was going from Open behind a CONE NAT to Strict. It may be nothing at all to do with yours but it helped with mine.

And I for one prefer going 'Wired' with my xbox. If you don't have an Ethernet cable long enough buy yourself a Powerline Adapter. Turns your whole house into one massive Ethernet cable. They are awesome.
  5. ChrisHarmon# Win User

Syncing has suddenly stopped working...

Ok...weird...I ran an ethernet from my orbi satellite to the console and it synced.

However, the wired connection showed a strict NAT and that UPnP was not successful. That's an unknown language to me.
  6. UpgradeCade Win User

Nat / wired-wireless connection question

General Zod....If I hook it up via wire, should I have any NAT issues at all? That is my worry...I think now on wireless my Nat is open (I think) but If I hook it up via ethernet cable, will it work just fine or will I have to tweak setting for the Nat?
Thema:

1. I have a wired connection via ethernet cable but my NAT is strict - Similar Threads - wired connection via

2. How do I connect a Xbox 1 (Wired) to Windows Vista?

in XBoX on Windows
    How do I connect a Xbox 1 (Wired) to Windows Vista?: I've tried many links, but they don't work, and the videos that I watched told me to install a driver to get it to work, If you have any working links please tell me!...
  3. Xbox accessories app won't detect wired connection on my elite series 2 controller when it...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox accessories app won't detect wired connection on my elite series 2 controller when it...: I cannot use the accessories app for my elite series 2 controller on PC. Says use wired connection but it's already plugged in how do I fix this db14f4d0-0b14-4148-a926-845124931b8c
  4. Wired connection issue on Xbox X

in XBoX on Consoles
    Wired connection issue on Xbox X: Hi. My Xbox x is showing a wired connection plugged in. There is no wire connection as I only use wifi. Xbox stuck on check wired connection. This happened after a power failure in the...
  5. My Xbox Controller won't appear in the bluethooth tab, but it will connect via wire.

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox Controller won't appear in the bluethooth tab, but it will connect via wire.: I've been trying to connect my Xbox controller to my pc via bluethooth but it won't appear in the bluethooth area, I tried updating the drivers, updating the controller through the Xbox...
  6. Original Xbox one (2014) internet issues even with wired connection

in XBoX on Consoles
    Original Xbox one (2014) internet issues even with wired connection: I have had this Xbox one since 2014 and recently (last few months) have experienced some issues with its internet. I have exclusively used it with a wired, ethernet connection and have been having...
  7. Xbox states theres a wired connection, but no cable connected.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox states theres a wired connection, but no cable connected.: Hi, My Xbox recently has been playing up and continues to state network connected via cable, but I've always used wireless. I have done a soft and hard reboot, this didn't work. I also...
  8. does the Logitech h304 headset (wired usb) connect to xbox one

in XBoX on Consoles
    does the Logitech h304 headset (wired usb) connect to xbox one: does the Logitech h304 headset (wired usb) connect to xbox one 8651d522-0d08-4052-844b-2c460752a254
  9. Unable to Connect wired in with USB-C to PC with Brand New Xbox Elite Controller Series 2

in XBoX on Consoles
    Unable to Connect wired in with USB-C to PC with Brand New Xbox Elite Controller Series 2: Brand New Xbox Elite Controller Series 2 Unable to Connect to PC The Issue When wired in using the USB-C cable that came with the brand-new controller, the Xbox Elite Controller Series 2 is not...
  10. My PC does not connect to my controller via wire

in XBoX on Consoles
    My PC does not connect to my controller via wire: When i connect my controller to my wire it keeps blinking and then it turns off i already contacted xbox support but the issue is not with my controller so i would really appreciate some help...