I have a shared disc and i cant launch the game it keeps on sayin Do you own this game or...

Discus and support I have a shared disc and i cant launch the game it keeps on sayin Do you own this game or... in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I have a shared disc and i cant launch the game it keeps on sayin Do you own this game or app can i get help 9691b197-919c-4875-9d1c-1982e1015db6 Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by J0ezay2 999, Jan 4, 2024.

1. J0ezay2 999
    J0ezay2 999 Guest

I have a shared disc and i cant launch the game it keeps on sayin Do you own this game or...

I have a shared disc and i cant launch the game it keeps on sayin Do you own this game or app can i get help

:)

J0ezay2 999, Jan 4, 2024
  2. SwordofWhedon Win User

I have a shared disc and i cant launch the game it keeps on sayin Do you own this game or app can i get help

what do you mean by a "shared disc"?
  3. J0ezay2 999 Win User

It is in the drive but it won't let me
  4. Obsessive Power Win User

A disc from a friend
    You need to have disc I'm the drive in order to play the game. If your friend now has their disc back, you can't play.
  5. steeledwand7664 Win User

Help

Just so that I am understanding correctly.

You have 2 friends that own a game one has a disc and the other is Game Sharing with the one that has the disc?

If this is the case.

1. Neither one of them own the game digitally so in order for either of them to be able to play the game they would have to have the game disc in the console and keep it in the console in order to play the game.

2. It sounds like you own the game digitally that is why you are able to play it unless you have the disc inserted into the console.
  6. Zahir_Ramathula Win User

Cancelling game pass issues

Yes, you need to insert the disc in order to play it, and you cant do that on a digital console, even if you have the game on another console installed with a disc drive. Likewise you cant game share physical media.
Thema:

1. I have a shared disc and i cant launch the game it keeps on sayin Do you own this game or... - Similar Threads - shared disc cant

2. Can you join a shared world on Minecraft if you share a Gamepass ultimate?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Can you join a shared world on Minecraft if you share a Gamepass ultimate?: Hi there My sons both have their own Xbox and share a Gamepass Ultimate. Now one son wants to join a world in Minecraft. He is unable to join is always suggests he needs to get Gamepass. He is...
  3. Can i use an macbook air 2020 M1 as a monitor for xbox series s by internet sharing?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can i use an macbook air 2020 M1 as a monitor for xbox series s by internet sharing?: I want to connect my xbox series s (i am getting soon) to my macbook air M1 2020, but when i did research it said that i couldn’t connect an xbox series s to my macbook but also gave me an option...
  4. Is sharing your own ip bannable?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is sharing your own ip bannable?: So the other day someone threatened to DDOS me and I responded with sharing my VPN IP and this message was reported. Since then I was permanently banned on said account and my console was aswell,...
  5. I need help with "Capture and Share"

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    I need help with "Capture and Share": I have the share button on my Controller (PowerA Advantage Controller) mapped to Single Press - Screenshot / Double Press - Start/Stop recording / Press & Hold - Record what happened. But when i...
  6. Sharing xbox game pass

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Sharing xbox game pass: So I wanted to use my brother subscription from a different console and different account but I can't, and the thing is that xbox says that it is possible but I still can access gta online....
  7. Cancelling a Gamepass subscription on a account i’m game sharing with

in XBoX on Consoles
    Cancelling a Gamepass subscription on a account i’m game sharing with: so i recently started game-sharing with this friend of mine. However he has a subscription already which is xbox live core, and i wanted to game share game pass ultimate with him so if i cancel...
  8. share disc titles

in XBoX Games and Apps
    share disc titles: to share games from the microsoft disk should implement a mini guide to burn the game file used only to play sharing with that profile, send it to a platform as 10 Terabyte One Drive exclusively...
  9. share disc titles

in XBoX Games and Apps
    share disc titles: between shared profiles I had published an idea to share a physical title, for example some had said inserting the disc you can play your friend for 5 hours, I would at least put 24 hours, the...
  10. I game share and currently none of the games are working it tells me to insert disc or sign in

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I game share and currently none of the games are working it tells me to insert disc or sign in: please help can't play any of my games I game share with my buddy and everything should be fine and well but it's just not working dd98ed3a-c10f-4609-9dc6-44615ce53b25