I have a Samsung monitor and I can’t get my Xbox to display in the 2nd port

Discus and support I have a Samsung monitor and I can’t get my Xbox to display in the 2nd port in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; Hi I have a lu32j590uqnxza which is a samsung monitor and a Xbox series x and I can’t get it to display in 4K on my 2nd hdmi port which is the 4K 60hz... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by TTV ShibaStrats, Nov 26, 2022.

1. I have a Samsung monitor and I can’t get my Xbox to display in the 2nd port

Hi I have a lu32j590uqnxza which is a samsung monitor and a Xbox series x and I can’t get it to display in 4K on my 2nd hdmi port which is the 4K 60hz port and advise?

:)

TTV ShibaStrats, Nov 26, 2022
  2. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Hi and thanks for reaching Microsoft Xbox gamer's community. My name is Josef.
    I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft Xbox user like you.

Hope you're doing great today despite this TTV

Just to confirm, this second port… is the other HDMI port or is a different type of port?

Also, did you tried turning off game mode in your monitor to see if that helps?
    Or what did you tried so far to fix this problem
    In that way I can advise you different things or how to proceed
  3. TTV ShibaStrats Win User

I got to display in port 2 by changing the output to solely hdmi not auto but it still says it won’t display 4k
  4. NaZoooom Win User

4l Samsung monitor is telling us it can’t support 4K?

have you tried the hdmi cable in port 2 on the back of the monitor apparently one hdmi port supports more that the other.

You have to use the HDMI 2 port as that’s the only port that supports 4k@60

freesync will not work with xbox though, that is only supported on the display port.
    Hi EddieNannelli,

Just noticed the same thing in the manual. Appears HDMI 2 is the better specced port going by the timings table towards the back of the monitor manual.

If you are still having no joy getting 4k to work then you may want to get in touch with Samsung support.
  5. JayKaBee44 Win User

XBox One X 1440p resolution at 120hz support For Monitors

I didnt read through all the responses but i thought this same thing when i purchased an 27” Asus monitor to play xbox in 1440p@120hz but it didnt work. After reader deaper into the monitor is seems the monitor only suports higher then 60hz when using
    a display port cable, not hdmi. I took the monitor back, it wasn’t the xbox. It works fine with my samsung Q8, 1440p@120hz with freesync/VRR and 55”.
  6. TheAntiChristoO Win User

Xbox One X Scorpio Edition Going well

Ok folks to give you an update and I need some help.

I finally got round to connecting up my xbox X to my Acer Predator XB281HK 4K monitor, via HDMI. only to realise my monitor is HDMI 1.4. Xbox is HDMI 2.0. which means I cannot get 60Hz 4K. My pc is also connected to this monitor but via Display port. Which
    is fine and running at 4K. Does anyone have any suggestions on how I can get 4K running on my current monitor. Is it worth me getting a HDMI to display port cable and giving that a go which means I will need to buy some sort of switch, so I can go between
    PC and xbox on one display port. Or can someone suggest a good 4K gaming monitor that will be compatible with my XBOX X and PC.
Thema:

1. I have a Samsung monitor and I can’t get my Xbox to display in the 2nd port - Similar Threads - Samsung monitor can’t

2. What would cause my Series S to connect to my LG monitor but not my Samsung TV??

in XBoX on Consoles
    What would cause my Series S to connect to my LG monitor but not my Samsung TV??: My 4K Samsung TV is connecting to my PC, my PS5, and my Switch, but not my Xbox Series S. My Series S connects to my computer monitor, but not the TV. So what's going wrong here? I've tried...
  3. Hi just got a Samsung odyssey g3 monitor for my Xbox series x should I put freesync premium on

in XBoX on Windows
    Hi just got a Samsung odyssey g3 monitor for my Xbox series x should I put freesync premium on: Hi just got a Samsung odyssey g3 monitor for my Xbox series x should I put freesync premium on a9822800-bb8c-4ca0-ab25-e6248f93659e
  4. Xbox series X question on HDR content on 1440p samsung Odyssey G7 32 inch monitor.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox series X question on HDR content on 1440p samsung Odyssey G7 32 inch monitor.: I have an odyssey g7 1440p hdr monitor. When my xbox downscales to 2k will I still have a high enough transfer rate to play games at 10 bit @ 4k downscaled to 2k @ 60 fps with HDR and a 4:4:4 set?...
  5. My Xbox Series S gives me no video on my Samsung monitor, but my Xbox One S does. The...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox Series S gives me no video on my Samsung monitor, but my Xbox One S does. The...: The Series S is not the problem; it works on other devices around the house. However, the monitor is not the problem either because it works perfectly fine with my Xbox One S, even when I use the...
  6. Screen flickering/lag on Samsung monitor, mostly on video apps - Xbox Series X

in XboX Insiders
    Screen flickering/lag on Samsung monitor, mostly on video apps - Xbox Series X: Ever since I got my Series X, I've been having a pretty annoying issue (Mostly with video apps, but it'll happen once in a blue moon with games too.) On Disney+ and the Movies and TV apps...
  7. 4l Samsung monitor is telling us it can’t support 4K?

in XBoX on Consoles
    4l Samsung monitor is telling us it can’t support 4K?: I am trying to enable 4k on my 4k monitor but when i go into video modes, i cannot enable 4k, so i looked in 4k tv details and it says my tv does not support 4k? I went back into video modes,...
  8. Xbox one x not displaying on my Samsung tv or my monitor when i start it up. tried...

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox one x not displaying on my Samsung tv or my monitor when i start it up. tried...: I'm in the preview. the..... cutting edge build (preview alpha skip ahead i think its called). Anyway I started my console up and my tv was acting like there was no signal coming through. i tried...
  9. Samsung HG40EA790MS: How to setup Xbox One X with a Samsung U32J590UQN 32-Inch 4K UHD Monitor

in XBoX TV Hardware
    Samsung HG40EA790MS: How to setup Xbox One X with a Samsung U32J590UQN 32-Inch 4K UHD Monitor: Samsung (Televisions) HG40EA790MS: How to setup Xbox One X with a Samsung U32J590UQN 32-Inch 4K UHD Monitor Glad to see the issue may have been the incorrect HDMI port! Glad we could help!...
  10. Samsung HG40EA790MS: Xbox one X se peude configurar a resolucion de 32:9 en monitor samsung...

in XBoX TV Hardware
    Samsung HG40EA790MS: Xbox one X se peude configurar a resolucion de 32:9 en monitor samsung...: Samsung (Televisions) HG40EA790MS: Xbox one X se peude configurar a resolucion de 32:9 en monitor samsung ?[Xbox one X can you set up the 32: 9 resolution on Samsung monitor?] The 4KTVs are...