I have a question surrounding gamertags

Discus and support I have a question surrounding gamertags in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; I've had friends who have owned gamertags that were real words or known as OG gamertags get banned. But I've also seen tags with no meaning what so... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by 9von, Aug 5, 2022.

1. 9von
    9von Guest

I've had friends who have owned gamertags that were real words or known as OG gamertags get banned. But I've also seen tags with no meaning what so ever get hit with a ban such a gamertag tag with 4 letters. why does Microsoft care so much about banning these tags?

:)

9von, Aug 5, 2022
  2. Jake Miller1 Win User

Its probably just a system error
  3. Tezzerrific Win User

it only takes one report then they get banned, the system is broken.
  4. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Hi and thanks for reaching Microsoft Xbox gamer's community. My name is Josef.

I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft Xbox user like you.

Hope you're doing great today 9von

What do you mean by "get banned" are you referring to the gamertag itself or your whole friends account?

Do you have an example or screenshot to understand exactly what are you referring to?
  5. IceStorm III Win User

5.1 surround question

Not going to work. The Xbox One currently has zero support for Dolby Digital 5.1/7.1. It only supports Stereo, Uncompressed 5.1/7.1 (which isn't Dolby Digital), and DTS Digital Surround over HDMI. Your headset doesn't accept DTS and optical cannot support
    uncompressed 5.1/7.1 (not enough bandwidth).

It's best to wait for Dolby Digital support to be added. It's coming.
  6. deleaux Win User

5.1 surround question

Okay awesome thanks for the quick reply and info. I just thought the splitter could "get around" it but I did not realize the difference in 5.1 types. Good to know.

Thanks again
Thema:

1. I have a question surrounding gamertags - Similar Threads - question surrounding gamertags

2. Home Xbox questions regarding changes.

in XboX Insiders
    Home Xbox questions regarding changes.: Hi all, I have an Xbox series S at my flat (which is currently my home Xbox) and my old Xbox one at my partners place. When I made her an account on my old Xbox it wouldn’t let me play any of the...
  3. Xbox Series S Question? Breakdown? Active Running Xbox?

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Series S Question? Breakdown? Active Running Xbox?: So I’ve had my series s a while now and it was over heating like crazy and I knew it was down to the dust and I be honest my fan was making a weird noise.. so anyway I took all the casing off my...
  4. . My question is why did you guys do thaT

in XBoX on Consoles
    . My question is why did you guys do thaT: Hey i have a gamesir g7 se and previously we were able to use 1000hz report rate with the gamesir nexus app but they said you guys updated your licence conditions which only allow 4ms or 250 hz...
  5. Please assist question underneath

in XBoX Accessibility
    Please assist question underneath: I have an ASUS 2022 26 inch gaming monitor that allows me to turn variable refresh rate to gaming & Home Screen.. that being said and this might be a silly question but the box above it the “allow...
  6. Question for you guys. I am not currently an insider, Did they remove use TV remote

in XboX Insiders
    Question for you guys. I am not currently an insider, Did they remove use TV remote: I was an insider. I have been on and off over 6 or 7 years. I joined last around the time the new dashboard was released to the public. I noticed a new setting that would allow you to control your...
  7. Xbox Series X booup question

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X booup question: Hey guys! My Xbox Series X has stsrted on something wierd, and i dont rly know if it's normal. So i ask here. When i either booting up or restarting my Xbox Series X, so first will the loading...
  8. Question about hdmi passthrough stereo/surround

in XBoX on Consoles
    Question about hdmi passthrough stereo/surround: Hello Hoping to have someone confirm an issue I am (was?) having. I had both hdmi output and optical output enabled to default settings, stereo. I enabled the tv/one guide audio passthrough...
  9. Surround headset question: manufacturer claims chat audio via USB?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Surround headset question: manufacturer claims chat audio via USB?: Hi folks! So, I'm looking into the Turtle Beach Stealth 500X and 800X, as they can handle DTS and are specifically listed as being designed for Xbox One use. But here's what confuses me: when I...
  10. Audio surround sound question

in XBoX on Consoles
    Audio surround sound question: My mom just gave us a free surround sound. It's a little older and has no hdmi input or optical input. I want to hook up my Xbox one so to it. If I hook my Xbox through optical to my tb, and than...