I have a problem with the HDR calibrator of my Xbox series x..

Discus and support I have a problem with the HDR calibrator of my Xbox series x.. in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I have a LG NANO90 2020 and when i use the HDR calibrator of the console the black and white squares keep appearing and dissapearing all the way up to... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Marcos Erro Young, Dec 21, 2022.

1. I have a problem with the HDR calibrator of my Xbox series x..

I have a LG NANO90 2020 and when i use the HDR calibrator of the console the black and white squares keep appearing and dissapearing all the way up to 1250 nits to hard clip with HGIG enabled, when i know my tv has about 650 nits max. lum ( Rtings.com)......ive read other nanocell have this problem, but mine is top 4K NANO of 2020...i dont know if the tv is doing some tonemapping, even with HGIG enabled, but other NANOCELL dont have this problem............thank you

:)

Marcos Erro Young, Dec 21, 2022
  2. Chris Sercombe Win User

HDR calibration and Dynamic Tone Mapping on xbox series x

Thx for reply, i will try a few things, i have since read, to turn on HGIG on my LG CX TV, then do the hdr calibration on the xbox series x.
  3. Marcos Erro Young Win User

Thank you....happy christmass....waiting for the unser
  4. CarTzy Win User

Hello Marcos Erro Young,

Thank you for explaining. I have to check this with our internal team and will get back to you once we have an update.

Thank you.
  5. CarTzy Win User

Hello Marcos Erro Young,

Here are suggestions provided to me by our internal team.

-Please confirm if the TV/Xbox are updated

-Please report this problem and let us know the Title and Date it was reported. Provide feedback to Team Xbox | Xbox Support

-Does your TV have a built in "gaming mode" they may need to look into this setting in their user manual. This may be preventing the console from working properly. You can also contact LG for more support regarding this.

-Is the user using the ORIGINAL HDMI cable that came with the original Xbox console?

Thank you.
  6. Marcos Erro Young Win User

It's not that difficult to understand either, I click on it a couple of times and the black squares start to disappear, and they don't even do the same, or a lot or a little, and when it seems that they are going to match up with the white ones with a click they reappear, they increase in color and fade again, up to three times past the hardclip point, up to 1250 nits where blacks and whites are equal and indistinguishable, both in the second and third steps of maximum luminance......i know the nits because I use the trick of pressing the 4 triggers at the same time on the controller........ my TV has 650 nits more or less and I use HGIG
Thema:

1. I have a problem with the HDR calibrator of my Xbox series x.. - Similar Threads - problem HDR calibrator

2. Black Screen Issue - HDR bug or console problem?

in XboX Insiders
    Black Screen Issue - HDR bug or console problem?: Hello everyone, can someone help me with this? I was calmly playing Forza Motorsport with my Series s that I bought a month ago, everything was fine but when I press the home button to return to...
  3. I'm having a problem with HDR on some games that previously were fine.

in XBoX on Consoles
    I'm having a problem with HDR on some games that previously were fine.: I have recently bought a new amp and started to try and get the best picture and sound, I have a Panasonic tx58dx902b TV. The TV has a 10bit panel but only a hdmi 2.0 port with hdcp 2.2. After a...
  4. HDR clip and screenshot problem

in XBoX on Consoles
    HDR clip and screenshot problem: Hey, i have a simple but annoying problem. When i have HDR turned on everything is looking good but when i try to Stream, make Clip or even a screenshot it's not looking as it does before. It's...
  5. Xbox Series S - HDR with YCC 4:2:2 Problem

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox Series S - HDR with YCC 4:2:2 Problem: Hey, On my Xbox Series S, inside the 4K TV Details menu, it shows what your Xbox/Monitor (TV) can and can't do. For me, 1 of these things it says it can't do is play games in HDR10. But, my...
  6. Xbox Series S - HDR Problem with YCC 4:2:2

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Series S - HDR Problem with YCC 4:2:2: On my Xbox, inside the 4K TV Details menu, it shows what your Xbox/Monitor (TV) can and can not do. For me, 1 of these things it says it can't do is play games in HDR10. However, my monitor...
  7. HDR 10/Auto HDR problem

in XBoX on Consoles
    HDR 10/Auto HDR problem: Hi, has anyone else had problems with HDR10/Auto HDR on Series X? Example: in Fallout New Vegas everything is ok when I play. But in Gears 4/5, when I open the game, it gets too bright,...
  8. HDR CALIBRATION PROBLEM ON SERIES X (cant save my settings).

in XboX Insiders
    HDR CALIBRATION PROBLEM ON SERIES X (cant save my settings).: Hi .I v noticed that the settings on HDR calibration screens r not saved. Every time i restart the console i must do the same process again.Do u face the same problem?Thanks in advance submitted...
  9. Amazon Prime 4K HDR Series X Problem

in XboX Insiders
    Amazon Prime 4K HDR Series X Problem: Has anyone else noticed Amazon prime does not display any 4K or HDR content? I go to the native app on my tv and it works fine but on Series X it does not show 4K HDR. submitted by...
  10. HDR problem on the Xbox One X since the last update.

in XBoX on Consoles
    HDR problem on the Xbox One X since the last update.: Hello there! It seems that last update (10.0.19041.5481) has sleep mode broken. Thing is I launch any HDR game and it enables HDR just fine. But when the console wakes up after its sleep mode I...