I have a new Xbox

Discus and support I have a new Xbox in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I have a new Xbox and upon initial update I have ‘there was a problem with the update’ error code 80072EE2 I have checked the internet and fine. Also... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by sarah walters, Feb 5, 2023.

1. I have a new Xbox

I have a new Xbox and upon initial update I have ‘there was a problem with the update’ error code 80072EE2

I have checked the internet and fine. Also unplugged and restarted it. I don’t have a pc to get updates manually.

:)

sarah walters, Feb 5, 2023
  2. Francia J. Win User

I have a new Xbox

Hi, I hope you're doing great out there. I am an Independent advisor and I am here to help you in regard to your concern.

I have here steps that we can try, please perform an extended powercycle and reset your network hardware by following the steps below:

1. Unplug the power cable from the back of the router, modem, or gateway for 5 minutes. If you have a router and a modem, unplug the power cable from both devices.

2. Press and hold the Xbox button on your console for 10 seconds or until it turns off then wait for 2 minutes before turning it on again.

3. After 5 minutes, plug the modem or gateway in first, and wait for all the lights to return to their normal state.

4. If you are using a router, plug in the router and wait for all the lights to return to their normal state.

If that didn’t work, do you have a different network connection that we can try?

For your reference, we’re following the steps on this link: https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/errors/erro...
  3. SatansFrenchFry Win User

i have good news and bad news

I'm sorry Sir / Ma'am but this is either a troll attempt, broken english, or a translator glitch. I can't understand your post made here, neither your point.
  4. Vixly Win User

Thats what I got out of it as well.
  5. Scarecrow712 Win User

To the best of my abilities in Engrish - He/she said that their Halo clan has disbanded, and that they are looking to start a new Gears Of War clan.
  6. Akradon Win User

New to the Xbox world and I have a question

Hey there,

No, you have done it correctly. You do need the disc in the drive even for installed games. They require the disc in the console still so that they can verify that you own the game you are trying to play. They do this so that you can't just rent/borrow a copy,
    install it and then return the game. Also, installed games extends your consoles life by easing up the work on the laser and fans (to keep your console cooler).

Anything else, feel free to PM me and I will try to help (small envelope below)
Thema:

I have a new Xbox