I have a member of the party that I am in muted in the Xbox PC app and I can still hear...

Discus and support I have a member of the party that I am in muted in the Xbox PC app and I can still hear... in XBoX Rewards & Social to solve the problem; I am using the Xbox app on PC to talk to friends in a party that are playing on consoles. I have one of the party members muted as we are sitting in... Discussion in 'XBoX Rewards & Social' started by gravicon3574, Nov 20, 2022.

1. gravicon3574
    gravicon3574 Guest

I have a member of the party that I am in muted in the Xbox PC app and I can still hear...

I am using the Xbox app on PC to talk to friends in a party that are playing on consoles. I have one of the party members muted as we are sitting in the same room but I can still hear him through the party chat. I already got "help from a gamer" which was just check to make sure my NAT type is open which it is. I muted them by clicking on their profile, clicking the 3 dots button, and then, under favorite, clicked the mute button. Is there a different mute button somewhere or is there something I can do so they are actually muted?

:)

gravicon3574, Nov 20, 2022
  2. CarTzy Win User

I have a member of the party that I am in muted in the Xbox PC app and I can still hear them talking.

Hello!

We haven't heard from you in 72 hours, so we assume that your issue has already been resolved. We will not be monitoring this thread moving forward so, if you need further assistance, please create a new thread to discuss these concerns by clicking this link: Create a new question or start a discussion (microsoft.com)

[​IMG]

Thank you for understanding.
  3. CarTzy Win User

I have a member of the party that I am in muted in the Xbox PC app and I can still hear them talking.

Hi gravicon3574,

This is the Xbox Community Forum, welcome. We appreciate you sharing your worry with us today, and we hope everything is fine.

It appears that you are having trouble muting a party member. I'll see what I can do to assist you with this issue. However, I have a few of queries.

specifications, make, and model of the device?

Installed Windows edition and current version? (To view this, use Windows search to look for WINVER.)

Versions of the Xbox software and gaming services?

Access the Xbox app and choose the Profile photo.

Please let us know whether the troubleshooting information on the following link worked for you.

Troubleshoot problems with party audio on Windows

Troubleshoot problems with party audio on Windows | Xbox Support

You may also try to leave and join the party and see if this helps.

Troubleshoot issues in the Xbox mobile app | Xbox Support

If you’re having trouble with a party, try these solutions:

• Restart the device your mic and headphones are connected to.
    • Select Leave party and then rejoin.
    • If you’re the party host, change the host to a different person.
    • Close the Xbox mobile app and restart your device.
    If you’re still having trouble with parties, go to:

Troubleshoot audio problems in parties on Xbox

If you’re having trouble with chats, go to:

You can't switch to party chat on Xbox

We eagerly await your response. Please send us a message if there are any questions about our description or if there are any misunderstandings.
  4. Tripex TG Win User

Party chat

Hello there i see you are having a problem with the IOS Application. Try following these steps below and it should work perfectly fine for you.

1. Tap on the three people icon along the top bar.
    2. Tap start a party.
    3. Hit invite to party.
    4. Select the friends you want to add.
    Each invited member will receive a notification on their console or PC but also on their phone, as well, when signed in to the Xbox app.

[​IMG]

Once you're in a party, there are things you can do within the app, such as:

• Make a party invite-only — Make it so you have to invite new members yourself.
    • Mute a party — Mutes all party audio.
    • Mute me — Tapping on yourself will give you the option to just mute yourself while hearing the rest of the party.
    • Mute others — Tapping on any other member of the party presents the option to mute that person if you started the party.
    • Open profile — Goes to either your or your party members' Xbox Live profile pages.
    • Show text chat — Party chat has text as well as voice but it will only show up upon tapping this option.
    • Remove from party/Leave party — You can kick out other members or leave yourself by tapping the relevant option.
  5. MikeHEATUP Win User

double audio when streaming through xbox companion app on pc

the double audio im hearing is coming from the companion app on my pc that im using to stream from my xbox. its not from streamlabs. im getting the audio from my xbox and my pc via the companion app. but im using the companion app to use party chat to
    talk. so i cannot mute it because it then mutes the party chat audio and im not able to hear my party.
  6. steeledwand7664 Win User

XBOX on Windows 10 - Microphone does not work

Just so that I am clear when you are trying this in party chat? In game chat?

You can hear the other players in the chat but they can not hear you?

Are you starting the party through the stream on the xbox itself? Or are you starting the party through the xbox app on the pc itself?

These are two different things.

I personally have noticed that if I try and join a party through the Xbox itself and not the xbox app I can hear the other people but they can not hear me. If I join the party or start a party and have people join through the xbox app on the PC then it works
    fine.

So try that and see if that fixes your problem.
Thema:

1. I have a member of the party that I am in muted in the Xbox PC app and I can still hear... - Similar Threads - member party muted

2. Been a active member for a while now, couple years and no invite into the alpha rings yet

in XboX Insiders
    Been a active member for a while now, couple years and no invite into the alpha rings yet: What do we have to do to get into the alpha rings? I’ve been in beta ring for so long that I’m getting FOMO LOL submitted by /u/derekagraham [link] [comments]
  3. Insiders Beta Ring Member, Curious as to what UI & other differences there are between Beta...

in XboX Insiders
    Insiders Beta Ring Member, Curious as to what UI & other differences there are between Beta...: Basically I'm curious as to what is different within Beta as of now? Is the UI different in some way? Like what is different than someone who's not in the insiders program? submitted by...
  4. New Member Introduction - Excited to Join the Community!

in XBoX on Windows
    New Member Introduction - Excited to Join the Community!: Hello Everyone! I'm thrilled to be here and to become a part of this vibrant community! My name is Jerish and I wanted to take a moment to introduce myself. About Me: I'm a blogger based...
  5. How do I share points to my family members?

in XBoX on Windows
    How do I share points to my family members?: I cannot see how to give points to my family members. 296d0735-4738-44fd-ab53-448978e0a95a
  6. How do I share game pass with family member that has ipad and want to play minecraft cloud...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How do I share game pass with family member that has ipad and want to play minecraft cloud...: How do I share game pass with family member that has ipad and want to play minecraft cloud gaming? db198d53-192c-462d-848c-d90ad08927d2
  7. Xbox Series S – Fortnite and Rocket League Bundle - transfer to family member profile

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox Series S – Fortnite and Rocket League Bundle - transfer to family member profile: Hi, I bought the Xbox Series S – Fortnite and Rocket League Bundle a couple of years ago to replace a failing Xbox One S. At the time my son was too young to play Fortnite so I didn't look into...
  8. Xbox Family Safety owned a organizer saved member, this happens " This is a teen account. "

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox Family Safety owned a organizer saved member, this happens " This is a teen account. ": Save adult organizers in Microsoft Family Safety. Is saved member but it's happened [img] Have problems To change this setting, have a parent sign in on console or web Need Tutorial...
  9. Issues with Game Pass Ultimate not letting family members play at the same time.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Issues with Game Pass Ultimate not letting family members play at the same time.: Husband bought new Xbox Series X. We have Game Pass Ultimate. Our son could play all of his game pass games at the same time his dad was playing his Xbox before we got the new one. Now that we...
  10. I want to move my account onto a new family member. Will my attached child account move as...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I want to move my account onto a new family member. Will my attached child account move as...: I have an account with one child. I want to move both of us onto another family members account. Is it a case of just joining this other family group, and the child will also automatically follow...