I have a friend on switch who I'm trying to play with over Xbox, but it keeps asking me to...

Discus and support I have a friend on switch who I'm trying to play with over Xbox, but it keeps asking me to... in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; I have a friend playing on switch, who I'm trying to play minecraft with over my xbox. But it's not letting me join, it says that I need to update my... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by danpDI, May 13, 2022.

1. danpDI
    danpDI Guest

I have a friend on switch who I'm trying to play with over Xbox, but it keeps asking me to...

I have a friend playing on switch, who I'm trying to play minecraft with over my xbox. But it's not letting me join, it says that I need to update my account and safety settings in my xbox account.

I already did this, so everything is allowed, my NAT type is open, and I have xbox live (not gold)

Yet it still gives me the same error, in the joinable friends tab.

Is there any fix? Cause in other games I can play online just fine, including with her.

:)

danpDI, May 13, 2022
  2. Lucas Lauer Win User

I have a friend on switch who I'm trying to play with over Xbox, but it keeps asking me to update my privacy and safety details

Hello, danpDI. Thanks for reaching out. I'm Lucas, an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft user just like you.

If it's asking you to update your privacy settings, you need to update it on your Xbox or on your browser on a computer.

To update it on Xbox:
    Press the Xbox button to open the guide.
    Select Profile & system > Settings > Account > Privacy & online safety > Xbox privacy.
    Select the Adult default settings, or customize your settings by selecting View details & customize. If you customize it, set all of them as Allow or Everyone.

To update it on the web:
    Go to https://www.xbox.com/
    Select your gamertag, and then select the More actions button (…).
    Select Xbox settings, and then select Privacy & online safety.
    Set Allow or Everybody for your settings on the three tabs: Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One, and Windows 10 devices Online Safety tab and the Privacy tab.

If you have a child account, an adult will need to change your privacy settings.

If you need anything else or have any question, please let me know.
  3. Keglovania Win User

Add my friends switch Microsoft account on xbox

I was wanting to play with my friend who plays on switch but i cant add his microsoft account when i am on my xbox
    He has to add you via email, I'm pretty sure. I'm not a big switch person, but my friend is and that's what they told me.
  4. Bluff Kerfuffle Win User

Having a hard time, just looking for some people to play with.

I would like to play a game with you, but first, may I just say that I used to be loud and quite humorous, but that was only around my friends. Then my friends got bored of me, which made me more quiet and shy. The reason i'm saying this is because I feel
    that the same thing happened to you. Sorry if it's not my place to ask, but I have just been trying to find someone I can relate to.

Also I have a bit of advice that I tell myself to keep me strong. "The question isn't who's gonna let me... The question is who's gonna stop me"
  5. Knight Wolfe Win User

Minecraft

Just send me a Friend Request anytime, sometimes though, i'm too caught up, being as I'm a student, and I have friends who play fun games, if i'm not playing the game you want, sometimes all you need to do is send me a friend request and a message my way.

-You Never Know, oh, now you know, okay.-Anonymous guy who I asked a random question.
  6. MonkeARSE Win User

Regarding Xbox One NOT including headset

As a long time user of the xbox I feel the need to ask "Why is this release such a constant battle?" I have many friends who are disappointed with the let downs of Microsoft over the release of this new system and are switch platforms going to the Play Station.
    Headset, legacy games all the new and wonderful things that MS wont do unless there is gamer outrage. Why all the fuss just give us what we deserve as loyal xbox users who love gaming!

MA
Thema:

1. I have a friend on switch who I'm trying to play with over Xbox, but it keeps asking me to... - Similar Threads - friend switch I'm

2. Friends show as offline on Minecraft but my switch says that they are online playing Minecraft.

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Friends show as offline on Minecraft but my switch says that they are online playing Minecraft.: Hello! On my nintendo friends list, it says that my friends are playing Minecraft, but when I start playing Minecraft to join them, their name doesn't show up in my friends list and when I start...
  3. How do I connect iPad and switch friends Minecraft?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How do I connect iPad and switch friends Minecraft?: Cannot permanently connect as friends where they show up in friends list. Have also tried to create world with invite link and keep getting “unable to join” error message (tried creating various...
  4. Why don't I have an 'Add friend' tab on minecraft on nintendo switch

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why don't I have an 'Add friend' tab on minecraft on nintendo switch: I keep going over and over and over this. Sooo frustrating. 1. We have a switch 2. We have a son playing switch minecraft 3. We register on line 4. He wants to add a friend 5. We DONT have...
  5. When ever I try to join my Xbox friends on my Switch a pop up happens.

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    When ever I try to join my Xbox friends on my Switch a pop up happens.: I’ve tried restarting my switch and I’ve tried connecting to a different WiFi but it just doesn’t work, so I have zero idea what to do next. The pop up says “Unable to connect, restart you client....
  6. Friends show as offline on Minecraft but my switch says that they are online playing Minecraft.

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Friends show as offline on Minecraft but my switch says that they are online playing Minecraft.: Hello! On my nintendo friends list, it says that my friends are playing Minecraft, but when I start playing Minecraft to join them, their name doesn't show up in my friends list and when I start...
  7. How does my Xbox friend join me on my Nintendo Switch worlds

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How does my Xbox friend join me on my Nintendo Switch worlds: I play on Nintendo switch and my friend plays on xbox Whenever I come over to his house we play Minecraft but every time he tries to join my it keeps him on the loading menu and won't join him...
  8. All of my friends’ switches have disappeared.

in XBoX Accessibility
    All of my friends’ switches have disappeared.: I logged into their account on my Xbox, set it to home, and then when I attempted to play a game it said I needed to sign into the owners account. I went online only to find all the switches have...
  9. Minecraft PE, brother on Switch. Friend inventory not saving when he joins my word?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Minecraft PE, brother on Switch. Friend inventory not saving when he joins my word?: Starting a couple weeks back when my brother tried to join my world again (we had just played an hour prior with no issue) it let him join, but he was back at world spawn with his whole inventory...
  10. Hey so problem I'm trying to game share with my friend and i used the last switch on my old...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Hey so problem I'm trying to game share with my friend and i used the last switch on my old...: Hey so problem I'm trying to game share with my friend and i used the last switch on my old xbox i got a new one and no longer have my old one can i get a free switch? Because If not i think it's...