I have a external hard drive with 360 games on it i plug in to play them on my 360 but it...

Discus and support I have a external hard drive with 360 games on it i plug in to play them on my 360 but it... in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; i purchased this xbox 360 to do this now it’s saying everything will be whipped 08138a2f-94c5-4306-b350-feb22ee3895b Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by THR GAMING, Feb 8, 2023.

1. THR GAMING
    THR GAMING Guest

I have a external hard drive with 360 games on it i plug in to play them on my 360 but it...

i purchased this xbox 360 to do this now it’s saying everything will be whipped

:)

THR GAMING, Feb 8, 2023
  2. Lady ll N lK Win User

Requires a hard drive.

You have to have an external hard drive plug in. It does not have to be 360 just reformat it. External hard drives that plug in the USB are not recognized as a hard drive for the 360.
  3. Obsessive Power Win User

Swapping 360 slim hardrives.

Hi,

You only really need an official Xbox 360 Slim hard drive if:

• The game insists on using an internal 360 hard drive. There are a select few 360 games that need to install some data from the disc to run, these games need an internal drive.
    • You still want to play original Xbox games.
    For almost all other Xbox 360 games you can install to a external hard drive via a USB cable. The Xbox 360 supports external drives up to 2TB. If you connect an standard external hard drive via USB you can just move the game or saves to the external drive.

Unless your Xbox 360 drive is official, you won't be able to play original Xbox games. Most drives are not official. Any official hard drive will be quite old now as Microsoft hasn't made these drives for nearly a decade.

I have an old Xbox 360 I use occasionally for games that are either not BC on the Xbox One/Series X or were never released on PC. I use a 1TB external hard drive. I also want to insure that my Xbox 360s old DVD drive will continue to work into the future, so I install my 360 disc games to the 1TB drive.
  4. davemcfly85 Win User

original xbox game error message

EVERY old gen xbox game that came out before the 360 has ALWAYS required a hard drive to play them on the 360 as the hard drive contains the emulation software that allows the older games to play on the 360. it is your only option using a flash drive or
    an external NON MS brand drive will not work, only the drive that goes with your 360 model (external clip on for the fat, internal for the slim etc).
  5. MasterOfRhaast Win User

Can I use an Xbox One S Seagate hard drive to transfer my games to a Series X when I get it?

So, do you mean that I will have to plug in my external hard drive, then move the games to the internal SSD to play them?
  6. Intwaydomayla Win User

Using an old hard drive

I am wondering if I can use a hard drive I removed from a old regular xbox externally on my 360. My goal is to play the old regular xbox games. It is said that you just need a hard drive to play the games. So can I hookup that drive I took out of the regular
    xbox and use it externally with my 360???
Thema:

1. I have a external hard drive with 360 games on it i plug in to play them on my 360 but it... - Similar Threads - external hard drive

2. External hard drive is confusing.

in XBoX on Consoles
    External hard drive is confusing.: So this is my first post on here and frankly I'm confused. My external hard drive isn't that old but from the very beginning of owning it, it's been weird with actually connecting to my Xbox...
  3. Not being able to play games on external hard drive

in XBoX on Windows
    Not being able to play games on external hard drive: Why can’t I play games on my external hard rice fa80c9e6-2a62-4a8b-93ef-811c874bbf99
  4. XBOX Series S doesn't recognize an External Hard Drive as USB 3.0

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBOX Series S doesn't recognize an External Hard Drive as USB 3.0: Hi there! I'm having some troubles with my XBOX Series S while trying to configure an external hard drive. According to the console, the device isn't fast enough to work as an external storage. It...
  5. Transfer my game saves from XBOX One to an external hard drive

in XBoX on Consoles
    Transfer my game saves from XBOX One to an external hard drive: Howdy, I want to transfer my old game saves data from my XBOX One onto an external hard drive. I have already formatted an external hard drive (EHD) to use but I can currently only copy the DLC...
  6. New Xbox one S update makes my xbox crash evertime my external hard drive connects

in XBoX on Consoles
    New Xbox one S update makes my xbox crash evertime my external hard drive connects: My WD Black D10 was working fine with my console until the last update. Now when the HD is plugged in, my console makes a freezing noise and shuts down and it keeps repeating in this cycle. There...
  7. What external hard drive can i buy to satisfy the series x games having to be played on the...

in XBoX on Windows
    What external hard drive can i buy to satisfy the series x games having to be played on the...: I believe the external drives have to be spec'd to a certain speed and WD was going to release some. Maybe the WD P10 5TB? Please advise! 4ab85aec-6435-4e57-a47d-37e6f1c38f55
  8. Is the interface that comes up when transferring clips to an external hard drive supposed...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is the interface that comes up when transferring clips to an external hard drive supposed...: When I go to transfer clips to an external drive, it will function for a while and then will all of a sudden close without any indication of it continuing the process. is this supposed too happen...
  9. What's the point of selling external hard drives SPECIFICALLY FOR XBOX SERIES X/S if you...

in XBoX on Consoles
    What's the point of selling external hard drives SPECIFICALLY FOR XBOX SERIES X/S if you...: I bought an external hard drive that was specifically made for Xbox Series X/S. I was told it would allow me to store and be played off of yet that was not true when I attempted to actually play a...
  10. why am i not allowed to just play xbox enhanced games off a external hard drive?

in XBoX on Windows
    why am i not allowed to just play xbox enhanced games off a external hard drive?: if its because "they are enhanced" why not give me a pop up that says "this game will run better if its installed to the internal drive or the expansion card are you sure you wish to play without...