I have a disc, why does the game need to install?

Discus and support I have a disc, why does the game need to install? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Been playing Madden 22 since it came out. I have it on disc. Sometimes it makes me install the game again. The last 2 days it has made me install the... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Grumpy8-22, Dec 4, 2022.

1. Grumpy8-22
    Grumpy8-22 Guest

Been playing Madden 22 since it came out. I have it on disc. Sometimes it makes me install the game again. The last 2 days it has made me install the game and it takes 4 hours each time.

I understand there are updates and such, but 2 days in a row? In the last month or so, I’ve had to do this at least 8 times.

Why is it doing this?

:)

Grumpy8-22, Dec 4, 2022
  2. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Hi Grumpy8-22
    Thanks for the extra information

Let’s try something different, this is:

Eject the disc and then uninstall the game from your console
    Once deleted download and configure the Xbox mobile app in your phone
    Then go to the search tab > select the “games” filter and type Madden NFL 22 and tap on the result (make sure to select Xbox one) > finally tap on “download to console”

When the download ends insert the disc in your console and verify if later something similar happens or the issue has been solved
  3. Grumpy8-22 Win User

This is my husband’s console and game.

It’s an Xbox One and Madden is the only game he plays.

The install took about 4 hours and the disc portion was around 31GB and the network potion was around 13GB. It like the whole game was installing again. These installs always take this long and are this size, but this is the first time it’s happened 2 days in a row.

He would be happy if he didn’t have to be connected to the internet at all. Just put in the disc and play.

Last winter when it happened, I don’t remember what I all did, but I ended up wiping out all his historical data and he was less than pleased.

I appreciate all your help. Neither of us is very tech savvy with these consoles.
  4. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Hi and thanks for reaching Microsoft Xbox gamer's community.
    My name is Josef.
    I'm an Independent Advisor

Hope you're doing great today despite this GRUMPY8-22

Additional information is needed, please tell me:

What console do you have?
    These updates, are always for the same size?
    For example, always 2GB updates
    Is this happening only with this game?
    Or is this happening with more games?

And, what did you tried so far to fix this?
    In that way I can advise you different things or how to proceed
  5. dethgardd Win User

Disc vs Download?

Wait I'm confused. I thought that if I installed the game I wouldn't need to insert the disc to play it. I just installed the game, then took out the disc and tried to play. Then it prompted me to put the disc back in. Sorry if this is a stupid question
    (wouldn't be my first) but why does it need the disc if I just copied all of the disc contents to my hard drive?
  6. Costa Apostolou Win User

Weird noise coming from disc drive when playing games

I have had the same problem since launch, it drives me nuts........ Why does it spin, the games are installed, all it needs to do is verify the disc is there and stop spinning. I assume its spinning as it doesn't make the noise with. No disc....
Thema:

1. I have a disc, why does the game need to install? - Similar Threads - disc why does

2. Why does my Xbox not recognise any disc games?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why does my Xbox not recognise any disc games?: Currently, all my disc owned games have exclamation marks next to them suggesting they’re unplayable. So when I insert the disc it doesn’t register them to start up, so if I click on the game in...
  3. Why does my black ops 3 disc not work on series x?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why does my black ops 3 disc not work on series x?: I have an Xbox series x and I tried installing my Xbox one black ops 3 disc onto the Xbox. The installation keeps stopping and I have to restart the download. I tried installing from the Microsoft...
  4. Why does F.E.A.R 1 physical disc not work on my Xbox SX

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why does F.E.A.R 1 physical disc not work on my Xbox SX: Why does fear one disc not work on SX 1cb5cf60-6f97-4456-b32a-5e8cf7d64932
  5. Why does my Xbox One S, cannot read/play game discs. But it can play DVDs / blu-rays no...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my Xbox One S, cannot read/play game discs. But it can play DVDs / blu-rays no...: It can play DVDs with no problem, but cannot read brandnew game disks, that have taken straight out of the box? I do not know if it matters, but my Xbox One S is a Minecraft edition. I'm just...
  6. Why does it show to purchase mw 2019 pack when I buyed the disc i dont understand, i...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why does it show to purchase mw 2019 pack when I buyed the disc i dont understand, i...: Does this only works if I install the game with the disc Or just install it somehow then use the disc while playing the game? ec30415a-3462-4030-8512-f2aea3cf704c
  7. Why does it say i dont own GTA if i have the disc inserted into my xbox one?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why does it say i dont own GTA if i have the disc inserted into my xbox one?: Split from this thread. Hello, I've had this problem with GTA myself. Ended up buying 3 YES 3 new game disc and they still didn't work. Cant figure out why though. I ended up just buying the...
  8. Why does it say i dont own GTA if i have the disc inserted into my xbox one?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why does it say i dont own GTA if i have the disc inserted into my xbox one?: I bought the disc for the Premium version of GTA but whenever i insert it into my xbox nothing pops up in games or apps, i go to the store when i have it inserted inside and it says i need to buy...
  9. why does my disc install keep stopping at 5.5%?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    why does my disc install keep stopping at 5.5%?: Im trying to install cod ww2 on my series x. its a xbox one disc and it keeps saying installation stopped at 5.5%. Ive tried the troubleshooting and i cant get it to work...
  10. Why does my XBox Series X make like a vibrating/grinding noise when i install disc games?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my XBox Series X make like a vibrating/grinding noise when i install disc games?: This has never been an issue for me until today. I was reinstalling COD MW2 and when I was doing that like a grinding/vibrating noise happened...Like I said never has this been an issue for me. I...