I have a confusing issue with my headset

Discus and support I have a confusing issue with my headset in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; For some reason, my headset will not work with my Xbox. It is a headset that was made for Xbox and I have previously bought the same pair with no... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by iammicrowave798, May 24, 2024.

1. I have a confusing issue with my headset

For some reason, my headset will not work with my Xbox. It is a headset that was made for Xbox and I have previously bought the same pair with no issues. Until recently, I've had to restart my entire Xbox to get the headset working and since this morning my headset will not work at all. I've tried it with my phone and a different console with no issues, I have also tried to connect my brother's headset (which works fine) and connected my headset after, it still wouldn't work. I've tried everything I can and I have no clue what to do. I'm not sure if I'll have to buy a whole new headset, but this headset isn't even a week old.

:)

iammicrowave798, May 24, 2024
  2. ngocphi Win User

I'm sorry to hear that you're having trouble with your Xbox headset. Let's try a few troubleshooting steps to see if we can get it working again.

First, make sure that the headset is properly plugged into the controller. Sometimes the connection can become loose, so try unplugging it and plugging it back in firmly.

Next, check the audio settings on your Xbox. Go to Settings > Display & Sound > Volume and make sure that the headset is selected as the audio output device.

If that doesn't work, try resetting your Xbox controller. To do this, hold down the Xbox button on the controller for about 10 seconds until the controller turns off. Then, turn it back on and try connecting the headset again.

If none of these steps work, it's possible that there may be an issue with the headset itself. You may want to contact the manufacturer or retailer to see if they can provide any assistance or a replacement.

I hope this helps! Let me know if you have any other questions or concerns.
  3. Keglovania Win User

Wireless Headphones Issue - Repost

Got it. To isolate the problem, if you connect a wired headset to the controller, does the same happen?
    Yes, the issue persists. What really confuses me is how my friend has the exact same RIG headset and his works with no issues.
  4. JoeyVega1 Win User

Xbox Mic not working after December Update

Sorry for the late edit on the post. The link I posted are the headsets I have which are the ones with the stereo adapter is also being affected by the issue. Again I apologize for the confusion I'm causing.
  5. peteym1 Win User

Xbox One Headset Adapter

I am a convert from playstation and i am still confused why i need an adapter and a cable to get mic chat to work with my wireless headset. is everyone just used to having to connect a cable from their headset to the controller? i really hate this.

the headset base is connected to the xb1 via usb... this seems like a software issue to me, if i can transmit audio wirelessly why can chat not be transmitted to the base and by extension the xb1?
  6. Zer0 G Win User

Xbox Live disconnects when I'm not playing online games.

I use the wireless x41s.... im confused. do you have a headset that connects to a 5.4 GHz band?
Thema:

1. I have a confusing issue with my headset - Similar Threads - confusing issue headset

2. Sea of thieves insider confusion

in XboX Insiders
    Sea of thieves insider confusion: So getting back into the insider after awhile I was able to play the insider years ago and the website still says I'm in it but whenever I load into the game I get a error saying I'm not in the...
  3. Confusion when trying to buy Guilty Gear 2: Overture on Xbox 360 marketplace

in XBoX on Windows
    Confusion when trying to buy Guilty Gear 2: Overture on Xbox 360 marketplace: Since the Xbox 360 store is shutting down very soon, I decided a game I wanted to purchase was Guilty gear 2: Overture. (keep in mind that i live in Canada)...
  4. External hard drive is confusing.

in XBoX on Consoles
    External hard drive is confusing.: So this is my first post on here and frankly I'm confused. My external hard drive isn't that old but from the very beginning of owning it, it's been weird with actually connecting to my Xbox...
  5. My minecraft/microsoft account got hacked and Im really confused and lost.

in XBoX Accessibility
    My minecraft/microsoft account got hacked and Im really confused and lost.: Im gonna try to be as in-depth as possible to make this as least confusing as I can. I woke up today and opened up lunar client and noticed i was logged out, so i clicked on login and it asks me...
  6. I'm very confused with my Minecraft account.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I'm very confused with my Minecraft account.: So back when we had to migrate our accounts I did it successfully however I now have lost my old cape and account but have access to a different account which had no skin originally. I haven't...
  7. Confusing game labels

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Confusing game labels: Why would a game be labelled on the box as Xbox series x and Xbox one but then only be compatible with series x? I bought this for my younger brother some of his other games say the same thing on...
  8. Xbox - pc confusion

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox - pc confusion: Hello! So I have house flipper on my Xbox. I have the xbox app on my pc and am able to play it on there too through cloud gaming. For Christmas I bought the Luxery & Garden ad ons for house...
  9. visit www.Microsoft.com/link ??? I’m confused

in XBoX Games and Apps
    visit www.Microsoft.com/link ??? I’m confused: Hi! I just purchased an xbox series s today, and it worked perfectly fine about two hours ago and I turned it off and went to do some stuff and came back and it’s telling me to sign in, but I try...
  10. Discord Screen Sharing Issue/Confusion For a Delta Xbox

in XboX Insiders
    Discord Screen Sharing Issue/Confusion For a Delta Xbox: I was wondering why I can not screen share 360 games through the modern consoles. Is it because they open a different client to open the game? I wanted to screen share mtgr to some buddies that...