I have a bug with my friendslist on my account where it visually says I have 9 friends but...

Discus and support I have a bug with my friendslist on my account where it visually says I have 9 friends but... in XBoX Rewards & Social to solve the problem; This bug occurred when I went on a mass unadding spree to clear up my friendslist. It's not an annoying bug or anything as at first I thought it was... Discussion in 'XBoX Rewards & Social' started by SliverStar0625, Dec 28, 2022.

  1. I have a bug with my friendslist on my account where it visually says I have 9 friends but...


    This bug occurred when I went on a mass unadding spree to clear up my friendslist. It's not an annoying bug or anything as at first I thought it was only visual, but whenever one of the five people comes online that I used to have added I can see it. I've even tried blocking them too and yet they still show up as "" is online. This seems to happen with only one person though because they seem to be actually getting on quite often. The other 4 I've never seen so I have no idea who they are. To summarize, I have 5 extra friends that I do not want and I can see when they come online even if I've blocked them to try and force them off of my friendslist.


    I have a bug with my friendslist on my account where it visually says I have 9 friends but... [​IMG]


    :)
     
    SliverStar0625, Dec 28, 2022
    #1
  2. CarTzy Win User

    I have a bug with my friendslist on my account where it visually says I have 9 friends but I actually only have 4.

    Hello!

    We haven't heard from you in 72 hours, so we assume that your issue has already been resolved. We will not be monitoring this thread moving forward so, if you need further assistance, please create a new thread to discuss these concerns by clicking this link: Microsoft Community.


    [​IMG]


    Thank you for understanding.
  3. CarTzy Win User

    I have a bug with my friendslist on my account where it visually says I have 9 friends but I actually only have 4.

    Hello,



    Welcome to the Xbox Community Forum. Thank you for sharing your concern with us today and we hope that all is well. I can see that your friend list is not matching with your profile friends count. Let me see how I can assist you with this concern.





    We will first do our research so we can give you concrete answers about what is causing the problem.

    However, we’d like to know more about it in details so that we can provide a more accurate resolution for you. To start, please provide us information/answer on the following questions:

    • What platform are you playing (Xbox Console, PC or phone)
    • Current version and edition of Windows Installed? (Search for WINVER in Windows search to see this)
    • Xbox app and Gaming services version?
      • Xbox app > select Profile picture > Settings > About.
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done?
    • Was this working before?
    • Recent activity or changes made before the issue appeared?
    • What are the device specs, make and model?

    So far, from the details you provided, you can try the following steps and let us know the result. You can just skip those you have done already.



    Troubleshoot issues with the Xbox app for Windows

    Troubleshoot issues with the Xbox app for Windows | Xbox Support

    Reinstall the Gaming Services app on your Windows 10/11 device:

    1. Select the Search icon on the taskbar, type powershell, right-click on Windows PowerShell, and then select Run as administrator.
    2. In Windows PowerShell, type the following command and press Enter:

      get-appxpackage Microsoft.GamingServices | remove-AppxPackage -allusers
    3. In the same window, type the following command and press Enter:

      start ms-windows-store://pdp/?productid=9MWPM2CQNLHN
    4. Install the app on that page and select Yes when you receive the User Account Control (UAC) prompt.
    5. Restart your device and try to install the game again.

    Let us know the result and we will get back to you as soon as we can. We may recommend further troubleshooting steps once we have received your answers to the above questions.
  4. matthewiag Win User

    Followers

    I did not think there was a cap on followers, It might be a visual bug.

    I have several people on my friends list that have over 10k followers following them.
  5. RustyDawg37 Win User

    Problem with child account on Xbox One

    I would have thought that too but when my child gets into a party with the other person a warning comes up and says that there is an issue with privacy settings for my child account preventing communication. This error notice was issued before and after
    my child and their friend became xbox live friends with each other. At this time they both have each other on their friendslist. Thanks for any other ideas.
  6. Ronnieee Win User

    Fix bug where my Xbox acts as if I have zero friends?

    Hi there! This is Ronnie, an independent advisor.

    Nice to meet you and I hope you are having a great day!

    I understand you need help with your friends not showing up.

    Let's refresh the console's system cache and see if this can help.

    NOTE: This will remove the profiles on your console, make sure that you remember the email and password to your account.

    No data or game saves will be lost doing this, everything is backed up to the cloud servers.

    1. Press the Xbox button to open the guide.

    2. Select Settings.

    3. Select System.

    4. Select Console info

    5. Select Reset console.

    6. Select Reset and keep my games & apps

    This will also help sync the data on your console properly.
Thema:

I have a bug with my friendslist on my account where it visually says I have 9 friends but...

Loading...
  1. I have a bug with my friendslist on my account where it visually says I have 9 friends but... - Similar Threads - bug friendslist account

  2. Xbox series Bug trophy mythic help me

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox series Bug trophy mythic help me: Hello, I'm having a problem with the Mythic achievement. I'm an Insider Beta member, and my Mythic achievement is stuck at 48/50, while the normal achievement is at 50/50. I've tried restarting...
  3. Mythic Achievement bug in final fantasy 16

    in XboX Insiders
    Mythic Achievement bug in final fantasy 16: Hi team. Has anyone experienced something like this? I got all the base game achievements (even pushed hard this evening so I can hear that beautiful mythic sound) but it didn’t pop. The game...
  4. Delta Preview Forced Update Frozen Console Bug

    in XboX Insiders
    Delta Preview Forced Update Frozen Console Bug: Hello, I recently moved from the Omega preview to the Delta preview. I just turned on my XBOX and was sent through initial setup again after installing a forced 4.1GB manual update. It's led me...
  5. Not Exactly Sure What Catagory To Report This Bug in

    in XboX Insiders
    Not Exactly Sure What Catagory To Report This Bug in: I am an insider beta, I recently joined the insider beta. Yesterday we got the system, startup animation update, and I applied the Xbox one X version because that was my favorite by far and when...
  6. Outer World's 2 bug on XBOX Gamepass ... cloud gaming via Samsung tv

    in XboX Insiders
    Outer World's 2 bug on XBOX Gamepass ... cloud gaming via Samsung tv: Im encountering a bug on "Outer World 2". The bug is reported fixed via a patch. However, the bug is still on the clod/gamepass version. Specifically, the game depends on adding character...
  7. Xbox One BUG - Cannot Join Insider on Xbox Series X

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox One BUG - Cannot Join Insider on Xbox Series X: Hi, I am encountering a weird glitch. I would like to join the last update but I can't join the Insider program. Could you please force trigger my console? Please tell me what data you need from...
  8. Reggression: activity feed deletion bug

    in XboX Insiders
    Reggression: activity feed deletion bug: After looking at my activity feed I figured id clear it up a little and delete the achievements im not too fussed about leaving the tough ones on or ones I liked doing. I deleted a few days worth...
  9. UI loop trap bug................

    in XboX Insiders
    UI loop trap bug................: There has been a bug going with true achievements app for years now. Im sure im not the only person thats noticed this. When viewing an achievement if you back out you need to press the B button...
  10. Serious bug I need to report - can a mod please message me?

    in XboX Insiders
    Serious bug I need to report - can a mod please message me?: Hi, been playing xbox for over 20yrs but I didn't know about the insider program until I saw a friend with a badge. Says a lot about me, I usually just keep to myself and play games. Anyway there...