I have a big question. My external hard drive almost like reset, all my games are gone and...

Discus and support I have a big question. My external hard drive almost like reset, all my games are gone and... in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I’ve never had any problems with my external hard drive until today. I was playing games having fun then when I was trying to play a game with other... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by JabberWaker, Jan 30, 2023.

1. JabberWaker
    JabberWaker Guest

I have a big question. My external hard drive almost like reset, all my games are gone and...

I’ve never had any problems with my external hard drive until today. I was playing games having fun then when I was trying to play a game with other people my game wouldn’t launch but other games would, I was on the game then I quit it then tried to go back on it but it didn’t work so I restarted my Xbox, I didn’t even realize this until hours later but all of my games were gone, I went from 150+ games to only 9, and it’s not like the hard drive just deleted everything. It completely like restarted, it’s like I just bought it and plugged it in. It wants me to reformat and even rename it and everything. I always restart my console and that never happened before, I’m scared to reformat because i don’t know if all of my save data on the games will be gone or not since it was all on the hard drive not my Xbox. Unless Xbox saves it but i don’t really know. Something else that happens was that I accidentally hit something on top of my Xbox and it only messed with the wire connected to what I hit, it’s my rechargeable battery charger. But I just moved it a centimeter back to where it was but maybe somehow I hit my external hard drive wire and it messed something up, I’ve unplugged and re-plugged the hard drive in but it just asks if I want to use it for media or games which will re-format it. I just want help with this because I don’t have time to reinstall 150+ games all 5-100 gigabytes each and I don’t even know if it will keep my data. Thank you for helping if you do and thanks for reading all of this.

:)

JabberWaker, Jan 30, 2023
  2. Rostom L Win User

I have a big question. My external hard drive almost like reset, all my games are gone and it’s like a forgotten device

Hi! I'm Rostom, an Independent Advisor. I will be glad to help you here. This is not the situation I want you to be in mate. No worries, we will do our best now to get this sorted out.

In regards to your game progress, everything is synchronized automatically by the Xbox as long as it's connected to the internet. I believe that your game saves were uploaded to the cloud and will just resynchronized once you sign in your account back.

The Xbox doesn't really have the advanced options in repairing drives. I would suggest to plug in your external drive to your computer or PC and check if you could repair it and recover your files.
  3. KeyBull94192189 Win User

Missing content in Need For Speed Payback Deluxe Edition Upgrade DLC claimed through Game Pass Ultimate perks

And one last question. Will the reset of console work since I'm keeping all my games on external Hard Drive?

May try it over the weekend
  4. lldoubledownll Win User

Help xbox one x deleted all my stuff!

Yes I am using a 4 tb external hard drive with an xbox one x. I had this problem before where the games that were on my Hdd were "uninstalled" but I did a hard reset and they came back. I'm more upset about all my clips they were all there until I uploaded
    one to live and then *poof* like magic all gone.
  5. AngelObullets Win User

Corrupted saved game

I have had this issue before with external hard drives before, What is the game in question and do you use an external hard drive at all?.
  6. DanMoung Win User

Trouble with 2 different errors

Yes i tried remove and reset everything on Monday 12/24 when I had error trouble then. None of my games are on the internal anyway, they're all on my external hard drives. I have 60 different games so not using an external hard drive isn't an option for
    me.
Thema:

1. I have a big question. My external hard drive almost like reset, all my games are gone and... - Similar Threads - big question external

2. BIG HUGE GAMES question

in XBoX Games and Apps
    BIG HUGE GAMES question: On Rise of Nations, how do I change the drive my game saves to? I have a huge E/ drive that I use for saving games but the game is insisting I save it to my C/ drive, a SSD with limited space. I...
  3. Big Huge Games Question

in XBoX on Windows
    Big Huge Games Question: On Rise of Nations, how do I change the drive my game saves to? I have a huge E/ drive that I use for saving games but the game is insisting I save it to my C/ drive, a SSD with limited space. How...
  4. A big clichéd question: What are the risks of running the new alpha version and will I be...

in XboX Insiders
    A big clichéd question: What are the risks of running the new alpha version and will I be...: What are the risks of running the new alpha version and will I be able to play my games? submitted by /u/ihaminecarft [link] [comments]
  5. Big Button Pad Question

in XBoX on Consoles
    Big Button Pad Question: Is it possible to turn them off without unplugging the IR receiver? 32bd1137-52ac-4ca7-b50b-4762e19394b7
  6. hello someone could help me is that i have a big question about in creating an account for my ...

in XBoX Accessibility
    hello someone could help me is that i have a big question about in creating an account for my ...: We wanted to create an account for my friend on Xbox live all right to make your profile and when she start your game and want to send me game invitation oh a message comes out you not send...
  7. Follow-up to Question about winning a big prize

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Follow-up to Question about winning a big prize: Hello. Yesterday I made a post asking about if an email and form I received about winning a computer were legitimate. With your help, I learned that they were. So, today I faxed in the completed...
  8. I have a big question

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I have a big question: can I refund a game add on that I have purchased by accident please tell because I did not intentionally buy it and now I don’t know how to return it. Thank you 11546489-0bb8-4bd6-99c4-f4879991277f
  9. Evolve Big Alpha question

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Evolve Big Alpha question: Hey, so I pre-ordered Evolve for Xbox One and I got the alpha code today, but haven't opened my Xbox yet. So I entered the code on the website and it said I now have the Evolve alpha, but I'm not...
  10. I got a rlly big question kk

in XBoX on Consoles
    I got a rlly big question kk: I just posted on the enforcement forum 4 days ago and nothing they console suspended my ummnications without sending me a email or any type of notification at all i checked the enforcement page as...