I have 2 Xbox 360 2nd gen with no hard drives can't get either one of them to pick up any...

Discus and support I have 2 Xbox 360 2nd gen with no hard drives can't get either one of them to pick up any... in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; Can't get Xbox 360 to read any hard drive no matter what format I use 1f864e3c-ddf8-47e6-a0fa-9732591d255d Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by Chris Greer1, Jan 15, 2023.

1. Chris Greer1
    Chris Greer1 Guest

I have 2 Xbox 360 2nd gen with no hard drives can't get either one of them to pick up any...

Can't get Xbox 360 to read any hard drive no matter what format I use

:)

Chris Greer1, Jan 15, 2023
  2. SwordofWhedon Win User

I have 2 Xbox 360 2nd gen with no hard drives can't get either one of them to pick up any format I use help plz.

3. DishierDruid071 Win User

360 hard drive swap

They are both Xbox 360 console drives.

One is from first gen and the second is from 2nd gen 360s
  4. MasterOfRhaast Win User

Can I use an Xbox One S Seagate hard drive to transfer my games to a Series X when I get it?

So, if I were to get the updated Xbox Series X port of a game, either by buying the upgrade or via Smart Delivery, I wouldn’t be able to play it on the external hard drive anymore? Because I’m pretty sure that the Xbox Series X is compatible with accessories
    from the current gen, like an Xbox One controller. Wouldn’t that include hard drives, so you would be able to use them for next gen games?
  5. Malacath Win User

External hard drive only

No you can't use an external only

The 360 requires at least one drive to be a system drive. The operating system or at least parts of it need to be stored on this.

A system drive can only be an internal drive or a USB drive formatted as a system drive. USB system drives can only be up to 32GB.

So you basically have 2 choices.

Either buy another official xbox 360 hard drive which is the recommended option

Or use both a 32GB Flash drive formatted as a system drive as well as a USB hard drive.
  6. Player900528796 Win User

Will the HD DVD xbox360 drive work on the X1?

I have had a 360 from day one bought a few games at first but now only use it to play HD DVDs. I have about 100 which if I had to up date to the Blue Ray version would cost quite a bit. I was looking at the Xbox One to use mainly as a media center but
    if I can't use my HD DVD drive with it then I will probably stick with my 360 and either get another one as a backup or plug the HD DVD drive into my computer and rip them to the hard drive.
Thema:

1. I have 2 Xbox 360 2nd gen with no hard drives can't get either one of them to pick up any... - Similar Threads - 360 2nd gen

2. Problem with 2nd hand 360.

in XBoX on Windows
    Problem with 2nd hand 360.: I recently bought a 2nd hand 360 for my kids so they could still play the games they loved. Our old one got damaged but I salvaged the removable HD. But now none of the free gold games including...
  3. How to overide family password on 2nd hand Xbox 360

in XBoX on Windows
    How to overide family password on 2nd hand Xbox 360: Got 2nd hand 360. Cant find out how to make it allow adult games. Help!!! Norma 8dc101e4-be61-4639-bcb3-d38a9e47fca3
  4. Downloaded Alan Wake on xbox one, how can I get it to play on a 2nd account in my 360?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Downloaded Alan Wake on xbox one, how can I get it to play on a 2nd account in my 360?: I downloaded Alan Wake on my xbox one. I'm setting up my 360 for my father. All the existing games I've downloaded digitally through my account can be accessed through his profile apart from Alan...
  5. Minecraft Xbox 360 Server - 2nd August 2014

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Minecraft Xbox 360 Server - 2nd August 2014: Hey guys, I will be running a Minecraft server on most days or whenever I am on, my rules include: No griefing No entering peoples houses without permission No overall doucheyness A mic is not...
  6. My 2nd hand xbox 360 is blocked from Xbox live

in XBoX on Consoles
    My 2nd hand xbox 360 is blocked from Xbox live: i have an Xbox and I can't log onto xbox live , I've never been able to access the account since buying the console, please can you unblock my account or help me figure this out .,it tells me my...
  7. someone please help me.I bought a 2nd hand 360 for my sons.cant get onto xbox live.

in XBoX on Consoles
    someone please help me.I bought a 2nd hand 360 for my sons.cant get onto xbox live.: I bought areal,signal ok,entered code onto the website.but when I try to sign on on the xbox it wont recognise my email as it says there is another account on that xbox.would it be the previous...
  8. 2nd Xbox 360, digital purchases question with xbox live account

in XBoX on Consoles
    2nd Xbox 360, digital purchases question with xbox live account: I'm getting a 2nd xbox 360 console for another room so the kids can play other games while I play my games.. If I load my profile onto both systems and also load my kids profiles as well.. Can...
  9. Strange 2nd hand xbox 360

in XBoX on Consoles
    Strange 2nd hand xbox 360: Hello, guys i just got some money and i was going to buy an xbox 360, ive seen one really cheap (for 40 euros) with box,without controller (i have a pc verison for it) and every cables.The guy...
  10. My Xbox 360 S (2nd Generation Console) Keeps Freezing Up At Random Times Whether It's ...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox 360 S (2nd Generation Console) Keeps Freezing Up At Random Times Whether It's ...: So I've had this Xbox for the past 4 years and has performed extremely well for it's age. But I started noticing about a year and a half ago that whenever I played games, online or offline, my...