I had a question about DLCs

Discus and support I had a question about DLCs in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; if i have let’s say Borderlands 3 installed on my internal hard drive on my xbox x do i need to have the DLCs installed there as well or can i put them... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Garuchi, Jan 23, 2025.

  1. Garuchi
    Garuchi Guest

    I had a question about DLCs


    if i have let’s say Borderlands 3 installed on my internal hard drive on my xbox x do i need to have the DLCs installed there as well or can i put them on my external hard drive that’s not X/S optimized and still have them work?

    :)
     
    Garuchi, Jan 23, 2025
    #1
  2. Garuchi Win User

    I had a question about DLCs

    okay thank you for answering the question it was very helpful
  3. - AJ - Win User

    I had a question about DLCs

    Hi, Garuchi! Thank you for reaching out.
    I'm AJ, an Independent Advisor for the Xbox Community.

    This would depend on the game and the kind of add-on you are referring to.

    Generally speaking, DLCs for Series X/S optimized games must be installed on the console's internal storage unit, although there are certain ones (very few and mostly cosmetic items) that can be installed on an external hard drive and continue to work.

    Talking specifically about Borderlands 3, all of its DLCs, including those that are only cosmetic, need to be installed on the console's internal storage unit.

    ----------

    To see whether or not a DLC can be moved from Internal storage to external storage, give this a try:

    - Go to My Games and Apps
    - Find a Series X/S optimized game installed on your internal storage unit.
    - Highlight the game and press the "Menu" button.
    - Select "Manage game & add-ons"
    - Select "Move or copy"

    If you select an add-on that can't be used from an external storage unit, a warning message will appear on the bottom-right corner of the screen. This message reads:

    "One or more of your selections needs faster storage. You can move it, but it won't be playable."

    ----------

    I hope this helps!
    Best regards.
  4. HAZMAT RADIO Win User

    I had a question about a repair of a console?

    I don't believe they repair the 360 consoles anymore.
  5. Smwutches Win User

    I had a question about a repair of a console?

    I know if it'd a console from before 2009 it would not longer be possible. However, I'm not sure about after that. You'll want to contact support to see if you can set up a repair. http://support.xbox.com/contact-us
  6. Arminator Win User

    I had a question about a repair of a console?

    Try going to
    https://devicesupport.microsoft.com
    and signing up your console if not already done so. That page will tell you if there is still warranty on the device, and if not, if it is possible to get the console repaired for a repair fee.
Thema:

I had a question about DLCs

Loading...
  1. I had a question about DLCs - Similar Threads - question DLCs

  2. Guys quick question when was the last delta insider update?

    in XboX Insiders
    Guys quick question when was the last delta insider update?: I have this question because my console say the last update i receive was on 08/092026 we are at the end of the month and I have not receive anything new submitted by /u/Comfortable-Boat5223...
  3. Question about getting invited to Alpha / Alpha Skip-Ahead

    in XboX Insiders
    Question about getting invited to Alpha / Alpha Skip-Ahead: Hey Xbox Insiders! I've been an Xbox Insider for 5 years and 10 months. I'm currently Level 4 with 105 XP, and I have 3 quests and 9 surveys completed. I'm really interested in joining the Alpha...
  4. XBOX Preview Programme Questions

    in XboX Insiders
    XBOX Preview Programme Questions: Hello all I have joined the XBOX Insider programme I have been through the hub and it says I have joined the preview program, I'm just wondering what the next steps are as there doesn't seem to be...
  5. Physical media question was a nice surprise to see this morning.

    in XboX Insiders
    Physical media question was a nice surprise to see this morning.: “For each of the following features that could be included on a next-generation XBOX console, which of the following statements would you say best describes the feature? ❓Lets you install games...
  6. How is a question about the future of the ad supported cloud gaming option, a feature being...

    in XboX Insiders
    How is a question about the future of the ad supported cloud gaming option, a feature being...: My previous post voicing an opinion about limiting Xbox cloud gaming hours and asking what the future of the free ad-supported tier could be (a feature that Xbox insiders have been testing) was...
  7. Series S/X disc to digital question

    in XboX Insiders
    Series S/X disc to digital question: Can a Series S/X disc be put into a One to redeem the disc to digital license? submitted by /u/Familiar-Bit-6691 [link] [comments]
  8. Heyy, quick question about updates in the Omega ring. When it says mandatory time, what...

    in XboX Insiders
    Heyy, quick question about updates in the Omega ring. When it says mandatory time, what...: I ask because I haven't received the update for the Disc to Digital feature yet despite being in the Omega program. I looked on a site and it said the mandatory time is 3 PM Pt on September 2....
  9. Disc to digital question help!!!

    in XboX Insiders
    Disc to digital question help!!!: I’m an Insider on my Xbox Series S, but my cousin has an Xbox Series X and isn’t an Insider; if I sign in with my account on his Xbox, can I convert the games to my account? submitted by...
  10. Questions on disc to digital conversions

    in XboX Insiders
    Questions on disc to digital conversions: If i have a preexisting digital license and subsequently claim a "new" license through disc to digital, what happens if a disc license expires or gets transferred to a different user? Will the...