I got communication banned for saying something in a non-harassing way

Discus and support I got communication banned for saying something in a non-harassing way in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; I was playing with my friends and i got a little heated at them and said the f word, but not in any harrassing way. I just said, "If you say (insert... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by NZXT T1M3, Mar 17, 2020.

1. NZXT T1M3
    NZXT T1M3 Guest

I was playing with my friends and i got a little heated at them and said the f word, but not in any harrassing way. I just said, "If you say (insert word here) one more (censored) time, i will block you." I wasn't meaning what i said in a harassing way,
    i just got a little too mad at them. If anyone from Microsoft reads this, i didnt mean what i said in a harassing way, and i suggest you give a warning to people before banning them, because it would be really helpful. And also, to people reading this, please
    give me tips on how to get through this.

:)

NZXT T1M3, Mar 17, 2020
  2. Wackieracer Win User

https://enforcement.xbox.com/

Is the link you need, but all i can add is even if you are, joking or upset, you need to remember that whatever you say, can be hurtful, to someone else, and is never acceptable.

Keep gaming fun and enjoyable for everyone 👊
  3. Smwutches Win User

The enforcement team does not use the forums. You would need to go to http://enforcement.xbox.com

Even if they were not used in a way to harass someone, any words that need to be censored should not be used on Live and would violate the code of conduct. In the future, it's best to just report and block someone if they are using those words instead of
    responding to them.
  4. darkist1 Win User

Communication banned

Hi CommunalTexas,

Sorry to hear you've received a ban, generally what I tell anyone, is that if someone is swearing/insulting/harassing you in anyway that breaches Xbox Terms of Use or the Community guidelines. The BEST option for you to do, is either not respond back, report
    and block the person. Or, in a non offensive, non aggressive manner, let them know that they have done something wrong.

Most of the time, the communication ban received by users is because they have retaliated in some way or form and then get reported.

Depending on how long your ban is for, you can visit the enforcement page to see if you can appeal your ban as ambassadors are not able to assist in communication bans/suspensions.

Xbox Enforcement
  5. F3n1x013 Win User

Death threats not bannable? (sorry long read)

@KLRSKIR but the COC also says you are not allowed to abuse, stalk, harass or threaten anyone on the live network. so how can that person get away with just a communication ban when he should have been banned off Live? i think the system is stupid if the
    poster got a 24 hr ban for having a word in there he shouldnt have (not saying i dont agree that it shouldnt have been in there anyway) whereas the person harassing him gets a slap on the wrist for something that is clearly a bannable offense. that is a load
    of crap honestly.
  6. M1Tbhg Win User

Communication banned for no reason

But the message didn’t brake the rules. Wasn’t harassment, profanity or violence. Which is why I got confused as to why I got banned. Says harassment but how is it harassment?
Thema:

1. I got communication banned for saying something in a non-harassing way - Similar Threads - got communication banned

2. Minecraft got banned

in XBoX on Windows
    Minecraft got banned: Hey I'm A Syrian minecraft Player I've been playing minecraft for 8 years now.... Yesterday I Launched Minecraft and I couldn't sign in with a pop-up error saying this game isn't available in Ur...
  3. So it seems this got deleted this was anyone else annoyed with Xbox,

in XBoX on Windows
    So it seems this got deleted this was anyone else annoyed with Xbox,: Yeh you ain't gonna silence me Xbox if a moderator removes this post it just shows me your looking to silence me from what speaking my mind about being annoyed with the recent changes on Xbox,...
  4. I got console banned and I’m not sure what to do.

in XBoX on Consoles
    I got console banned and I’m not sure what to do.: I know what got me banned since it was shortly after I started making a bunch of accounts. I don’t know what rule i violated because each and everyone one of the accounts was used to re roll...
  5. HELP!!! I got communications banned.

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    HELP!!! I got communications banned.: So this guy named [mod removed] Communications banned me by tricking me into getting my account suspended I need info and I want u to avoid him. he wanted me to get him some more people intrested...
  6. I got communication banned for some reason

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I got communication banned for some reason: I got communication banned for using the clown emoji to a guy threatening to get me banned saying he worked at microsoft when he was obviously 13 i then decided to use clown emojis in a more...
  7. I got communication banned for 2 days

in XBoX Accessibility
    I got communication banned for 2 days: My account got com banned because I called a guy a [mod removed] that voice messaged me sexual remarks about my son on my profile pic and I get com banned and nothing happens to the weirdo how is...
  8. I got communication banned for my profile pic but I just got back from vacation yesterday...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I got communication banned for my profile pic but I just got back from vacation yesterday...: I gave my cousin my account while I was gone so some help would be great he won’t tell us what he made the picture . Please and thank you 9d339834-a91e-47e1-abd4-34288d00596f
  9. hello I got a communication suspension and it doesn’t say the time

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    hello I got a communication suspension and it doesn’t say the time: all it says its to check for more info on the enforcement page but it’s my brothers account and he wont home for a while. how can i know the duration of the suspension or know if it’s even...
  10. Why did I get communication banned I just got unbanned today please can you unban me I...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why did I get communication banned I just got unbanned today please can you unban me I...: Why did I get communication banned again I just got in banned today please can you unban me I won’t do it again 808d62a3-49be-4ed1-a11a-22659a18cd4d