i got a suspension for making clips of a game microsoft sold to me.

Discus and support i got a suspension for making clips of a game microsoft sold to me. in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; i bought the game Agony on my Xbox, played and enjoyed it so i made a few clips of my gameplay. a few hours later i signed back in and got made aware... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Duffys fury, May 29, 2023.

1. Duffys fury
    Duffys fury Guest

i bought the game Agony on my Xbox, played and enjoyed it so i made a few clips of my gameplay. a few hours later i signed back in and got made aware of that i received suspension till 6/4 for making clips of a game that Microsoft sold to me. i obviously am appealing the suspensions because that makes no sense. they should not sell the game if they will take your money then punish you for playing the game they sell you. i think there should definitely be a warning when buying a game like that, that making publicly viewable clips of such a game could result in consequences. i just didn't think of that when making those clips, i feel really bad for not seeing this sooner but i will live with the consequences and hopefully Microsoft will accept my appeals seeing i meant no harm in making the clips but i will live with the consequences they see fit and i will be more conscious of situations like this from now on.

:)

Duffys fury, May 29, 2023
  2. Duffys fury Win User

now that you point this out i do understand what you mean, i just didnt think that a game they sold me would get me into trouble like this. but i have deleted the game and all the offending clips off my xbox and appealed the suspension. but i obviously will be very much more careful when playing a game like that. i think there should definitely be a warning when buying a game like that, that making publicly viewable clips of such a game could result in consequences. i just didnt think of that when making those clips that i now see that you pointed out. i feel really bad for not seeing this sooner but i will live with the consequences and hopefully Microsoft will accept my appeals seeing i meant no harm in making the clips but i will live with the consequences they see fit and i will be more conscious of situations like this from now on.
  3. Darhyl Mayte Amizola Win User

Hey there!

Nice to meet you! I'm Darhyl, a fellow gamer. I'm sorry you are experiencing this. I am here to help.

Just a friendly reminder that for Xbox enforcement actions there is a dedicated team that handles them which is the Xbox enforcement team. I’m sorry but the reason and all details are only available on your end.

I would highly recommend you wait for the results from your appealed case review.

Thank you so much for your kindness and cooperation. I hope you have a great day!

For references: https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/family-onli...
  4. Duffys fury Win User

yes i have appealed my suspension, I'm in no way angry with Microsoft for the suspension. i understand that a game like Agony is definitely aimed at a more adult audience, i have deleted the game and the offending clips.
  5. Tezzarrific Win User

just capture clips without uploading to xbox and then use a pc to post on whatever site you want, avoid xbox network for anything.
  6. Daft Badger Win User

Anything you do on Xbox live must be rated E for everyone,that includes any clips you upload.

The game you mentioned is pretty well known for it's adult content so even though Microsoft sold you the game it's your responsibility to not post clips containing any adult content,which i assume you did.

As an ambassador this is something you should know.

As per the rules of the ambassador program you will be removed due to receiving an enforcement action on your account.
Thema:

1. i got a suspension for making clips of a game microsoft sold to me. - Similar Threads - got suspension making

2. why I got a 3 day social suspension pls tell me its not just me

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    why I got a 3 day social suspension pls tell me its not just me: K why I got a 3 day social suspensetion does every1 got it or its just me what did I do wrong I'm on Xbox series x I didn't do nothing wrong I swear pls Xbox tell me every1 has this cuz all...
  3. Got a message pop up with suspension but I've done nothing the only person I've messaged is...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Got a message pop up with suspension but I've done nothing the only person I've messaged is...: Got a message pop up with suspension but I've done nothing the only message I've sent is to a close friend I've not posted in in-game chat so I don't know what I have done to get this ban. No...
  4. Why did I got a suspension for saying "nice wall hacks"?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why did I got a suspension for saying "nice wall hacks"?: I saw a community post that Call of Duty made which shows characters that were highlighted blue and red. It looked like wall hacks and I decided to just make a small joke about it so I said "nice...
  5. I got console banned about 77 days ago and idk what i did yes i got a few suspensions with...

in XBoX on Windows
    I got console banned about 77 days ago and idk what i did yes i got a few suspensions with...: I really wanna get unbanned I've done nothing wrong i think this console ban may be a mistake and i only want a response on how to fix this or remove this ban because my kids play on it and there...
  6. I just got a suspension for trying to defend my kids son from someone making sexual...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I just got a suspension for trying to defend my kids son from someone making sexual...: Joined a party with a guy making sexual advances so i told him to stop being a **** its disgusting and got com banned and suspended d37f7a69-1624-4440-8742-7fcff188428b
  7. I got my account suspended and then checked a few days later and my suspension was up but I...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I got my account suspended and then checked a few days later and my suspension was up but I...: I got my account suspended and then checked a few days later and my suspension was up but I still couldn't text or do parties 8af35f6e-4716-4742-bbe8-5383268c84c8
  8. How do I overcome a suspension for chargebacks. His account got hacked, his PS5.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How do I overcome a suspension for chargebacks. His account got hacked, his PS5.: My grandson account got hacked. His account is suspended for chargebacks. How do I over this. It was his PS5. What’s the website or number to clear this matter up. For PS5...
  9. I got a suspension after continued harassment after reporting someone else

in XBoX Accessibility
    I got a suspension after continued harassment after reporting someone else: I received harassing messages reported them sent one back defending myself from the defamation and threatening of both hack and physical harm and I get a suspension why is this this is now the...
  10. I got 5 prior suspensions on my xbox am i gonna get banned after next one

in XBoX Accessibility
    I got 5 prior suspensions on my xbox am i gonna get banned after next one: I got 5 suspensions on past/prior am I going to get banned after next one? e4a6fcb7-48df-495c-b524-1afe84001a70