I got a new controller 1 or 2 weeks ago and it already has stick drift on the r thumbstick...

Discus and support I got a new controller 1 or 2 weeks ago and it already has stick drift on the r thumbstick... in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Stick drift on r thumbstick b3dedf9f-3aae-441e-ba20-18ea16207f12 Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Aaron Molina1, Dec 2, 2023.

1. I got a new controller 1 or 2 weeks ago and it already has stick drift on the r thumbstick...

Stick drift on r thumbstick

:)

Aaron Molina1, Dec 2, 2023
  2. Sodangidni Win User

I got a new controller 1 or 2 weeks ago and it already has stick drift on the r thumbstick i have no idea what to do

Hello, Aaron M. I'm Arturo, and I'll be glad to provide assistance with your inquiry today.

I'm sorry to hear your controller has stick drift.

Not only that, but as the controller was purchased recently, I prefer to suggest getting a replacement or returning the controller and purchasing a different one.

Request a replacement:

https://support.xbox.com/help/hardware-network/controller/controller-warranty

However, you can try first cleaning carefully your stick with alcohol and following the recommendations provided in this article:

https://support.xbox.com/help/hardware-network/console/clean-and-care-for-xbox-and-controllers

I hope you find this answer helpful to your inquiry. However, I'll remain attentive to any other one you may have.

Regards,

Arturo.
  3. fooburger Win User

Controller left stick broken

yes, left thumbstick break, drift.... is a very well known problem. Google it and you'll find 100's of post on this faulty part with controllers. I own 2 white lunar and 1 black one, all have left drift. I also have a 4th controller that will not turn on.

The controllers thumbsticks are junk in my opinion.

Found your post googling how to solder, trade in.....what to do after my 3rd controller left thumbstick started sticking last night.
  4. MrSilverFoxx Win User

Xbox Elite Series 2 Controller - Garbage

I feel your pain. I got mine for Christmas, and about 6 months in, I got stick drift. So I reached out to Warranty and Repair, and they approved it to be shipped back in and they replaced it. After shipping it, it took about 2 weeks to get a new controller
    back.

Unfortunate that stick drift is a common thing these days, but that's what I did to handle my Series 2 controller.
  5. BobHun87 Win User

Xbox Elite Controller thumbstick drift

same.

my 1st elite: crash gumi grips. send back to service, but i buy a new one for this 2 week. Try this new: right stick drift to right...

ok, my 1st elite came back, try this. left stick drift to right (fresh new controller from ms service)

ok i sent back this 2 broken Elites.

1-2 week done, get 2 new fresh Elites... tested... both new Elite's (my 3rd and 4th) left sticks drift to right...

my last 5 Elites broken, 3 fresh from Xbox Support. Thats a big joke.
  6. FTM99 Win User

Why are the controllers such junk?

My day one left thumbstick drifts ..Has done it for a few weeks now ..

I still prefer the heft of the 360m controllers ..
Thema:

I got a new controller 1 or 2 weeks ago and it already has stick drift on the r thumbstick...

1. I got a new controller 1 or 2 weeks ago and it already has stick drift on the r thumbstick... - Similar Threads - got controller weeks

2. The A button on my XBOX controller got mapped to the pause button on PC

in XBoX on Consoles
    The A button on my XBOX controller got mapped to the pause button on PC: I have been using my xbox controller on my pc with 0 problems for the past 2-3 years, and out of no where my A button got mapped to the pause button. For example I play rocket league, and when I...
  3. Hi, i recently got a xbox elite 2 series core controller and now the left joystick is...

in XBoX on Windows
    Hi, i recently got a xbox elite 2 series core controller and now the left joystick is...: I think a part in the left joystick might be damaged 53186acc-eb61-41c4-9da1-5f6732e77bf3
  4. Is there any way i can get a replacement controller, if i already got rid of the broken one

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is there any way i can get a replacement controller, if i already got rid of the broken one: my controller had an issue but my mum chose to bin it is there anyway i can be sent a new one 4eec4f68-2424-4df6-9f68-c629f9c01e54
  5. I just got new controller the headphone will talk and hear but but can't hear game what...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I just got new controller the headphone will talk and hear but but can't hear game what...: I just got new controller the headphone will talk and hear but but can't hear game what should I do e update check sound and audio settings but nothing is working...
  6. My Xbox Series controller I got as a replacement about 4-5 months ago not syncing to Xbox One

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox Series controller I got as a replacement about 4-5 months ago not syncing to Xbox One: Last night and the night before, my controller started randomly disconnecting every few minutes and now won't connect to my Xbox at all unless it's plugged in. This controller is a replacement...
  7. Ordered a controller online and it got lost now nobody seems to be able to help

in XBoX on Consoles
    Ordered a controller online and it got lost now nobody seems to be able to help: I ordered a custom controller online before xmas (3rd Dec), it was a gift for my son. The delivery tracking seemed to get stuck at the depot and when I called they said they couldn't find the...
  8. From Xbox Design Lab I got the Xbox elite series 2 controller and it said that the paddles...

in XBoX on Windows
    From Xbox Design Lab I got the Xbox elite series 2 controller and it said that the paddles...: Paddles for Xbox elite series 2 from design lab ea2976b5-08ec-49a9-8180-86137aa7be05
  9. my controller that i got with my series x is bugging out. it’s moving on it’s own and i...

in XBoX on Consoles
    my controller that i got with my series x is bugging out. it’s moving on it’s own and i...: my controller that i got with my series x is bugging out. it’s moving on it’s own and i can’t play games or do anything c97f1047-ba26-43e9-b00c-55594632fcdc
  10. I ordered a replacement controller and finally got a email saying they need to controller...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I ordered a replacement controller and finally got a email saying they need to controller...: I ordered replacement controller and finally got a email saying they need to controller back but never been sent a address to send back too I cannot get hold of them it is awful anyone know?...