I get an internet connection issue whenever I try to sign into a Microsoft app with a...

Discus and support I get an internet connection issue whenever I try to sign into a Microsoft app with a... in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; I recently changed the primary email alias of my main Microsoft account because I no longer had access to the prior address. This has caused problems... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by andfwe, Jan 24, 2023.

1. andfwe
    andfwe Guest

I get an internet connection issue whenever I try to sign into a Microsoft app with a...

I recently changed the primary email alias of my main Microsoft account because I no longer had access to the prior address. This has caused problems when trying to log into various apps that require a Microsoft account, such as the Microsoft Store or Xbox Live. When I try to log into that particular account, on either of those apps, I get an internet connection error (0x800704cf). I get this error despite having a stable connection. I know for certain there is no issue with my connection because if I log in with another account that I have access to, it doesn't give me that error. It only gives me that particular error when I try to log in with the account I made recent changes to, which should not have been an issue.

To reiterate, I am confident there is no problem with my internet connection even though it is telling me so. It is another error that Microsoft is not telling me.

:)

andfwe, Jan 24, 2023
  2. andfwe Win User

I get an internet connection issue whenever I try to sign into a Microsoft app with a certain account

Hello Georges,

I have Windows 10 completely up to date, at 22H2. All other apps should be up to date as well. I don't understand how this is not an account issue, as other accounts seemingly work fine on all apps I can log in on. My main account is the only one in which I have this inane problem.
  3. Georges C. Win User

I get an internet connection issue whenever I try to sign into a Microsoft app with a certain account

Hello, first it's a pleasure to be able to help you today.

My name is welcome to the community.

Hello Andfwe, this type of error is not necessarily related to your account, let's try some procedures.

Checked if you have the latest version of Windows installed, at 22H2.

See which version of Windows 10 you have

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/see...

Updates are often seen as optional.

If you haven't updated yet, click the link below, update, and make all subsequent security updates.

Download Windows 10

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-downlo...

Download Windows 11

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-downlo...

Also, make sure all Xbox Apps are up to date in the store, and make sure you have the Xbox Companion App installed, it works with the Xbox App.
  4. Francia J. Win User

Unable to sign in.

Whenever you're trying to sign in to the Xbox App or Microsoft Store App may I ask what is the error or issue that you're encountering?
  5. NIGHTSTRIKER63 Win User

Connected to Xbox Live but can't access any online apps

Same issue, after Xbox live went down, I can sign in and send and receive messages, but if I try to connect to a game or my video apps I get the message This app requires a Microsoft Live connection
  6. TTV Clakzy Win User

I can’t make any purchases on my Xbox

I’m having the same issue, whenever I try to purchase anything it says: “oops not sure what happened there. Please try again later.” I am signed into the right account and I am in the correct region. I am also connected to the Internet. Any ideas?
Thema:

1. I get an internet connection issue whenever I try to sign into a Microsoft app with a... - Similar Threads - internet connection issue

2. Console not connected to the internet

in XBoX on Consoles
    Console not connected to the internet: I'm playing cod3 360 on xbox one and never had any problems, not it says my console is not Coto the internet even though my connection tests are good. I tried unplugging and power cycle but still...
  3. Xbox 360 connects to internet, but not Xbox LIVE

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 connects to internet, but not Xbox LIVE: Hi, I've had this issue with my 360 experiencing trouble connecting to Xbox Live. The device is connected to the internet via ethernet cable, and even over wi-fi was reading a strong connection...
  4. my Xbox 360 E will not connect to Spectrum internet

in XBoX on Consoles
    my Xbox 360 E will not connect to Spectrum internet: So I got my 360 E a few years ago and a few months ago I tried connecting it to the internet but it won't connect, I tried hotspot and I gave up. 54ecfb1f-40e9-47a7-90ca-0c97461ff619
  5. Original Xbox one (2014) internet issues even with wired connection

in XBoX on Consoles
    Original Xbox one (2014) internet issues even with wired connection: I have had this Xbox one since 2014 and recently (last few months) have experienced some issues with its internet. I have exclusively used it with a wired, ethernet connection and have been having...
  6. Wireless Internet Connectivity Issues

in XBoX on Consoles
    Wireless Internet Connectivity Issues: I was playing on my Xbox the other day and everything was going good and then today when I loaded it up it wasn’t connected to the Internet. I tried reconnecting as I thought it was maybe my...
  7. Everyone else having issues with JUST the Xbox not connecting to your internet?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Everyone else having issues with JUST the Xbox not connecting to your internet?: I can't be the only one because I know I am not. Other friends have the same issue. Does Xbox respond? No. Just troubleshoot with every single solution I've tried. Cannot get a live person to hear...
  8. Xbox series x Internet connection issues

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox series x Internet connection issues: I’ve spent nearly $600 on a console that can’t stay connected to wifi for more than 5 mins past 7pm. It disconnects and reconnects in only 10 seconds but it makes any game nearly unplayable and a...
  9. Xbox X. Internet’s connection issue

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox X. Internet’s connection issue: Xbox X is plugged into intaweb modem walk away after playing cod Settings is set to keep Xbox on to keep the Xbox up to date ! But recently when powering up Xbox it say not connected to the inter...
  10. Issue connecting to internet. (Xbox Series S)

in XBoX on Consoles
    Issue connecting to internet. (Xbox Series S): I have had this issue where my xbox series s refuses to connect to my router. It says i am connected to the router but there is no internet, in my advanced settings it displays all my IPs are...