I forgot my Microsoft account e-mail address, used to create a Minecraft account

Discus and support I forgot my Microsoft account e-mail address, used to create a Minecraft account in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; Dear, I forgot the e-mail address I used for my Minecraft account I created a new minecraft account last Febuary. I know my gamer tag and my in game... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Robatg, Jan 27, 2023.

1. Robatg
    Robatg Guest

I forgot my Microsoft account e-mail address, used to create a Minecraft account

Dear,

I forgot the e-mail address I used for my Minecraft account

I created a new minecraft account last Febuary. I know my gamer tag and my in game name, and I have payment proof of creating the Minecraft account.
    I think I created a new microsoft account to be able to create my minecraft account, but I can't seem to find the e-mail address of that microsoft account back in any way.

I've tried:
    - Searching through browser history
    - Looked through my notes
    - Checked if the Minecraft launcher or MultiMC launcher contained any information
    - Tried contacting Microsoft but that doesn't seem to be possible
    - Contacted Mojang to no avail
    - Tried recovering username though https://account.live.com/username/recover but that didn't help me. Possibly because I didn't set any recovery options at the time

- Filled an account recovery form, but this links back to my original Microsoft account (which is the one I'm using now), so I can't seem to get back access that way.

I have no clue how to solve this problem, but I'd really like to get back access to my Minecraft account and therefore to my Microsoft account.

EDIT: Extra background information.

I've had 1 Microsoft account for many years. It's the one I'm using now to post this in the community. I have several aliasses connected to this Microsoft account. I've also had 1 Minecraft account for many years.

A couple of months ago, I wanted an extra Minecraft account, for which I needed another Microsoft account. So I must have made a new one. So at this point I have 2 Microsoft and 2 Minecraft accounts.

I tried account recovery, username recovery, etc. But everything points back to the original Microsoft account.

:)

Robatg, Jan 27, 2023
  2. CarTzy Win User

Hello!

We haven't heard from you in 72 hours, so we assume that your issue has already been resolved. We will not be monitoring this thread moving forward so, if you need further assistance, please create a new thread to discuss these concerns by clicking this link: Microsoft Community.

[​IMG]

Thank you for understanding.
  3. CarTzy Win User

Hello Robatg,

Welcome to the Xbox Community Forum. Thank you for sharing your concern with us.

I would like to inform you at the beginning that Microsoft account recovery is managed by a completely automated server, and we do not have manual access to it. Microsoft takes the security and privacy of our customers very seriously. We are committed to protecting your personal information, and the meticulous account recovery process is intended to protect you from any possible malicious activity. For now, please allow me to do the best I can in helping you with the process.

These articles may help us with the recovery process.

You forgot your Microsoft account username - Microsoft Support

How to recover a hacked or compromised Microsoft account - Microsoft Support

Help with the Microsoft account recovery form - Microsoft Support

If there are any inquiries about our description or if there are any misconceptions, do reply to the post.
  4. AdrianJackson5 Win User

Did not use my X box account for about a year. and when I started using it again my gamertag was a different one while all my content was gone...

It sounds like you created a new account instead of signing into the old one. You would need the correct log in information for the original account.

If you can't remember the Microsoft account, try this https://support.xbox.com/my-account/microsoft-account/forgot-microsoft-account-solution
    Once you have the email, you can reset the password if you do not remember the correct password.
    that is not what happened...i´ve always used the exact same e-mail address and now my e mail address has a different gamertag. I have never created "CastGosling2133" It was just there instead of my real gamertag...
  5. Gabriel Tongboonnak Win User

I can no longer log-in on my minecraft launcher

Hello,

thank you for your quick response even though I was unfortunately not able to read it in time.

I did migrate my mojang minecraft account to the microsoft one but the issue is that the microsoft e-mail address isn't mine and I have no idea why it was linked to my minecraft microsoft account.

Isn't it possible to change the e-mail address (totally not mine and probably from a compromiser/hacker?) of my microsoft minecraft account to another e-mail address that I actually use?
  6. TILLEYmnpd Win User

Logged into Xbox live and things are WAY different..

Cancel this..I logged in using my current hotmail.com e-mail address and xbox CREATED a new account without really confirming anything...I forgot i'm using an ancient e-mail for my xbox live stuff. Thanks and you can delete this!
Thema:

1. I forgot my Microsoft account e-mail address, used to create a Minecraft account - Similar Threads - forgot Microsoft account

2. I forgot my email for my microsoft minecraft account, I know the username and password but...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I forgot my email for my microsoft minecraft account, I know the username and password but...: I forgot my email for my minecraft microsoft account, I know the username and most likely password. Just not email, plz help 6dac0f3d-83a8-405c-9db0-4c27f6de7bb1
  3. My wife forgot her password on her Microsoft account and Microsoft refuses to reset.

in XBoX Accessibility
    My wife forgot her password on her Microsoft account and Microsoft refuses to reset.: I bought a Microsoft Minecraft account for my wife and she forgot the password. I filled out password recovery but Microsoft refuses to try to help. I have proof of purchase. It is like...
  4. I forgot the email and password to a microsoft account.

in XBoX Accessibility
    I forgot the email and password to a microsoft account.: I have a Microsoft account with Minecraft Java on it but I don't remember the email and password to it, The only thing I have is a transaction ID, is there any place I can contact Microsoft to get...
  5. How do I sign into a old Microsoft account that I forgot the email to

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How do I sign into a old Microsoft account that I forgot the email to: *** Die E-Mail-Adresse wurde aus Datenschutzgründen entfernt. *** 96cb117c-33fa-44e9-b72c-0e8161395445
  6. Really Embarrassing time, but I forgot the email linked to my microsoft account.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Really Embarrassing time, but I forgot the email linked to my microsoft account.: I have an account called MrTippity On Minecraft so I went ahead and migrated it over and made an Xbox Account Called MrTippity and completely forgotten the email address to log into it and I don't...
  7. I forgot the Microsoft email address that I migrated my mojang account to.

in XBoX Accessibility
    I forgot the Microsoft email address that I migrated my mojang account to.: What can I do? I don't remember the email I used to migrate my mojang account, I looked through all my emails but I can't find any email that specify something about migrating. What can I do?...
  8. Help I forgot my email to a minecraft microsoft account

in XBoX Accessibility
    Help I forgot my email to a minecraft microsoft account: I have an account listed for minecraft and its called CopybookManx220 and I dont know the email for it anymore can someone help me 75615acd-f909-44f4-9b7f-b4280fb4870c
  9. Forgot my microsoft account which i migrated my Mojang Minecraft account

in XBoX Accessibility
    Forgot my microsoft account which i migrated my Mojang Minecraft account: Hello, on the past day 01/06/2022 i migrated my Minecraft account into the Microsoft account. The problem is that i didn't use Microsoft account and i created one on purpose. Recently i format my...
  10. I own a PS4 and I forgot my Microsoft account for Minecraft. I’m using v 1.20 . Do you know...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I own a PS4 and I forgot my Microsoft account for Minecraft. I’m using v 1.20 . Do you know...: I forgot the Microsoft Account linked with my PSN account. 5b9b41d5-f6b0-42e1-8f70-7d74886076ff