i don't need an alias, I need to change my son's email address from mine to his

Discus and support i don't need an alias, I need to change my son's email address from mine to his in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; My son used my personal email address to establish an xbox account/microsoft account. Because of that, he appears to be the 'Family Organizer'. I want... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by godfamallplay235, Dec 7, 2022.

1. i don't need an alias, I need to change my son's email address from mine to his

My son used my personal email address to establish an xbox account/microsoft account. Because of that, he appears to be the 'Family Organizer'. I want to associate his Xbox profile and gamertag with his email address (no longer mine), so I can stay the Family Organizer, and he can be a Child in the Family. He has his own outlook email address for this purpose, but I don't know how to get his gamertag/progress/etc. out of my Microsoft account and into his.

:)

godfamallplay235, Dec 7, 2022
  2. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Hi, you can try this:

As your son is the family organizer go here with his account https://account.microsoft.com/family/home > select add member > make sure to select the family organizer role > type the email address associated with your Microsoft account

Once you join to the group, double check if indeed your account is a family organizer as well

Then use your son’s account to leave the family group and revert his age changing the birth here
    https://account.microsoft.com/profile

Finally use your account to invite your son to the family group again, but select this time “family member” and not organizer
    In that way you should be able to control his privacy settings and everything
  3. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Hi and thanks for reaching Microsoft Xbox gamer's community.
    My name is Josef.
    I'm an Independent Advisor

Hope you're doing great today GODFAMALLPLAY235

Sorry to say but any kind of content transfer between Microsoft accounts can’t be made.

If your son’s progress and the Xbox profile itself was created using your personal Microsoft account it’s not possible to unlink this.

The only way to do that is removing your email / alias and create a new one for him.
    But keep in mind that this is going to permanently delete your outlook email address and the emails received and sent.

If maybe you want to know more about this check this article
    https://support.microsoft.com/office/add-or-rem...
  4. godfamallplay235 Win User

Thank you Josef, that is very helpful. Since I can’t change the account in the way I had hoped, may I use another Microsoft account to serve as a family organizer? Even if I can’t change the email address on my sons account, he still shouldn’t be the family organizer at age 8. Can I use a different Microsoft account and transfer the family organizer title to that account so I can use the parental controls for him?
  5. 923a2511-83ca-43ed-a Win User

Microsoft / Xbox Live accts email mismatch

Hi, that doesn't solve my problem. I don't need to change the email address I use to login to my Microsoft account, I only have one primary alias for this
    [Mod Removed - PII].

My Xbox Live account has the email address [Mod Removed - PII] assigned to it (this was a previous Microsoft account primary alias and cannot be used since it no longer exists) .

I need to remove [Mod Removed - PII] from my Xbox Live account and assign my Microsoft account primary alias [Mod Removed - PII] to it.

Hope that makes sense?
  6. KennethW55 Win User

Minecraft Account (Purchased after migration)

Hi Manuela,

The hacker unfortunately managed to change my primary alias but the account is still there. I don't have a recovery code nor access to the email needed to verify, but the email address currently tied to the account is known. Is there anything I can do about such?
Thema:

1. i don't need an alias, I need to change my son's email address from mine to his - Similar Threads - don't need alias

2. I only have a 16 digit code and I need a 25 digit code but don't know how to get the 25...

in XBoX on Windows
    I only have a 16 digit code and I need a 25 digit code but don't know how to get the 25...: Same thing as the question 567f354f-0f4f-4464-9ea3-4359122a2f48
  3. need for speed most wanted 2005 just don't run give me a black screen and close

in XBoX Games and Apps
    need for speed most wanted 2005 just don't run give me a black screen and close: have problem running need for speed most wanted 2005 on my laptop windows 11 it just don't run give me a black screen and close and i tried so many copies of the game same problem...
  4. I need help with my other account. I don't have authenticator app access.

in XBoX Accessibility
    I need help with my other account. I don't have authenticator app access.: I have another account. I can't access cause I do not have authenticator app nor do I have the 25 key accessories. I need someone to contact me immediately so I can get this fixed. I want to be...
  5. Fable 2 and 3 in gamepass on XBOX X need me to sign in with an ancient live account i don't...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Fable 2 and 3 in gamepass on XBOX X need me to sign in with an ancient live account i don't...: Fable 2 and 3 included in gamepass ultimate on XBOX X needs me to sign in with some other ancient live account i don't have? I can't see any way to make one and if I choose 'no account' the game...
  6. I need help figuring out how to get rid of the dashboard setup I don't know what's up with...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I need help figuring out how to get rid of the dashboard setup I don't know what's up with...: I don't understand why my system isn't letting me customize my dashboard anymore I had it exactly the way I liked it and now it's not customizable at all I can't get to my games easily I am now...
  7. I need to reset xbox 360 console but don't remember my passcode or secret question answer

in XBoX on Windows
    I need to reset xbox 360 console but don't remember my passcode or secret question answer: Need to do a total reset of console without passcode or security question. How would this be possible e2d97f99-9cf4-4f49-8ce1-33c967b3a51d
  8. Why does it say I cant stream to my pc because they need an update when they don't.

in XBoX on Windows
    Why does it say I cant stream to my pc because they need an update when they don't.: I try to stream my Xbox to my pc and it says test streaming and whenever I do that I check my updates on my console and pc but they don't need any updates b579293b-e627-409c-a19b-01144077f265
  9. Need to cancel all Microsoft*Store Robux charges. Don't know how they got my credit card...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Need to cancel all Microsoft*Store Robux charges. Don't know how they got my credit card...: how to answer the question above is beyond me! I cannot get any response to canceling the charges placed on my credit card. Unauthorized charges and cannot get action from anyone to respond....
  10. I need help, I don't know how to get the "try discord on Xbox" button on my groupchat menu...

in XboX Insiders
    I need help, I don't know how to get the "try discord on Xbox" button on my groupchat menu...: Pls help submitted by /u/MorrisBirris [link] [comments]