I do not own phone number to my account and the recovery process failed me. I am still...

Discus and support I do not own phone number to my account and the recovery process failed me. I am still... in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; cringe cringe cringe.... respectfully, disrespectful. I hate to start things out that way, but this is unbelievable... Not only have I been victim to... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by SpyXenomorph, Mar 4, 2023.

1. SpyXenomorph
    SpyXenomorph Guest

I do not own phone number to my account and the recovery process failed me. I am still...

cringe cringe cringe.... respectfully, disrespectful.

I hate to start things out that way, but this is unbelievable... Not only have I been victim to support business processes similar to this but I have always been adaptive enough to at least get to what I need to, eventually. 4 months thus far and I am resorting to forums to get MODERATOR ATTENTION.. this is embarrassing and I want to tell someone the full story, but know it falls on deaf ears, so I will give JUST ENOUGH CONTEXT:

Rewind to Christmas this year... I received the newest Xbox for an EARLY Christmas present from my husband, and when turning it on to log in, SURPRISE, this entire nightmare begins. I am going to talk in bullet points to get to the point here:

- Recovery process has failed me. I get an email every time saying I have not provided enough when I am providing as much as possible, even digging thru old notes and stuff to try and find my information. Im not talking about "lazy looking here". I put in the work and supplied MANY answers/values in the form.

- old Xbox does NOT turn on.

- I still pay for this associated subscriptiosn on said account: "". Connected to my active valid bank account right now.

- I do not own the phone number that is attached to the old account.

- I do not know the password to sign into the old Xbox account.

- The old Xbox account is connected to an outlook account (owned by Microsoft also, for folks who do not know that). TO NO SURPRISE, I am also still unable to get assistance with recovering that account. Very old email, as I made the password when I was a literal child.

- Additional context - This account is old as dirt, with many 'dolla dolla billz' spent. All of the process changing stuff with Microsoft over the last 10+ years, and new technology and just general time passing, now makes the option to simply start a new account or start over, literally disrespectful.

Summary:
    I am willing to go to about any length I can to recover my account. I am hoping someone can request to see my ID, for verification, or something-of-the-like. I cannot log into an account that I have had since I was a child and I have not been able to solve my own issues using all of the resources available to me. I have been struggling to get in contact with live phone support or receive any helpful email back that was NOT from a robot (yes I read every single one, regardless). I still pay for the account, and the associated subscriptions on the account, however, my BRAND NEW Xbox is completely useless, as I cannot set it up for the first time to use it or do anything with it. Insane value lost already.

Thus far, as far as progress goes, I have done nothing but give terrible feedback (since I am prompted at every other screen) and enduring major disappointment as I read the "sorry we couldn't help"-like messages when I try to self remedy this situation.

NOT RELEVANT TO THE ISSUE, just MY opinion:

Sorry to put Microsoft on blast here, but as someone who plays a MAJOR role in supporting a very important production application for my primarily form of income, this is unacceptable and down right embarrassing. I am not (obviously) very optomistic that I will ever receive help on this issue, and I hope someone shocks me. However, stop doing things like this to your customers, at this point I just want Microsoft to pay me a flat hourly rate as a Solutions Architect jr. for the time I spent trying to solve MY OWN PROBLEM, and I mean this in the most literal, logical way. This is not sarcasm nor satire, I really do feel it's necessary to compensate me for my effort. Definitely taking the next step to escalate the problem if I cannot receive human intervention from support.

Truthfully, with all the 'self-help options', I feel that a seldom internet stranger likely will be more trained and experienced to actually address the issue, versus someone actually employed by Microsoft, to assist. The message that this 'self-help/knowledge article' primary support process "paints" is that you just don't want to have to deal with your customers issues. Opposite of the sales pitch intended, which is "get help faster, all the time".

Besides, everyone in the tech world knows that AI can do a lot more than whatever is going on here, especially from MICROSOFT - the TECH GIANT!!!

tsk, tsk, be better.

This post has been backed up.

:)

SpyXenomorph, Mar 4, 2023
  2. SpyXenomorph Win User

I do not own phone number to my account and the recovery process failed me. I am still paying for my account and CANNOT CANCEL IT. STILL BEING CHARGED.

So turns out after posting this, we came up with the idea of just sending a casual text to the OLD PHONE number associated to the account, just begging for access back. We then asked them to just forward us the verification code, and sure enough it worked! This random stranger, JUST AS I SAID IN MY MESSAGE ABOVE, was able to successfully help us.

In the words of Jurassic Park, "Life finds a way".
  3. Georges C. Win User

I do not own phone number to my account and the recovery process failed me. I am still paying for my account and CANNOT CANCEL IT. STILL BEING CHARGED.

Hello, first it's a pleasure to be able to help you today.

My name is welcome to the community.~

Hello SpyXenomorph, I'm sorry about what happened to your account and this whole situation.

I see in your description that you tried to recover using the account recovery form but without success, in this case you should contact Xbox Customer Service via chat and request an ATO (Account Takeover), this is because this forum is public viewing and unfortunately as independent consultants we do not have access there is some data and procedures that Xbox Support has.

However, ATO is a similar procedure to the online form, but done by a Microsoft agent, it will need as much information as possible for you to do the procedure.

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/contact-us

Here in the community we are independent consultants, so we do not have access to the same information and tools that support has.

Each account recovery case is unique, and if you request the ATO, you must wait for a response from Microsoft's investigation department.
  4. Abe5656 Win User

Can't verify my phone number

How do I go about recovering my account with the recovery email? I still know the email and password to the account, it just makes me verify the phone number when I sign in.
  5. Weird_One Win User

Phone number needed for verification is no longer active

Hello Josef,

Just to clarify, as I read through all 3 links provided. There is nothing that can be done about this besides resubmitting the account recovery form again and again until the automated system decides it is me?

In the account recovery form, I have input my correct phone number, last 4 of my credit card and even my XBox Live ID and gamertag, but it still sends me an email saying that it is unable to verify my account and locks it for 24 hours.

There has to be some type of account recovery that is not an automated process, it can't just be left up to the "security" bot.
  6. Rodrigo Oliver Win User

How to reach out to an agent for account management?

Thema:

1. I do not own phone number to my account and the recovery process failed me. I am still... - Similar Threads - own phone number

2. Why can't I play forza horizon 5 without buying game Pass when I owned it before it was...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why can't I play forza horizon 5 without buying game Pass when I owned it before it was...: Ever since I redownloaded it I have been unable to play online and wants me to buy game pass when I try to go online. How do I solve this without spending money? 9bac4131-b861-4132-9bd3-d1e363dc76a6
  3. When will you give coop players the ability to toggle there own mics in party chat and not...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    When will you give coop players the ability to toggle there own mics in party chat and not...: Me and friend trying to play local coop but be in party with friends not on same xbox. Xbox auto kills the ability for me and my friend to hear each other on the assumption we don't no how to...
  4. Need help with the console I have just bought w/c is pre owned. I turned it on , shows me a...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Need help with the console I have just bought w/c is pre owned. I turned it on , shows me a...: Need help with the console I have just bought w/c is pre owned. I turned it on , shows me a controller highlighting to press Xbox logo, and it won't stop flashing can someone help me with that and...
  5. Why is minecraft making me pay for items I already owned after signing into my account?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why is minecraft making me pay for items I already owned after signing into my account?: I changed the password to my Microsoft account, and signed into minecraft. After signing in I wanted to recreate my character. But I lost all my accessories and need to pay for it again. But if I...
  6. Xcloud WILL ANYONE EVER PLAY THE ENTIRE GAME LIBRARY THEY OWN ALREADY ON THE CLOUD ANYTIME...

in XboX Insiders
    Xcloud WILL ANYONE EVER PLAY THE ENTIRE GAME LIBRARY THEY OWN ALREADY ON THE CLOUD ANYTIME...: WILL ANYONE EVER PLAY THE ENTIRE GAME LIBRARY THEY OWN ALREADY ON THE CLOUD ANYTIME ANYWHERE??? WHY IS THIS NOT AVAILABLE??? submitted by /u/Puzzleheaded_Ring638 [link] [comments]
  7. I had gameshared with a friend earlier today and my own Xbox got removed from home when It...

in XBoX on Windows
    I had gameshared with a friend earlier today and my own Xbox got removed from home when It...: So I've been dealing with my Xbox having a constant removal on my home on my Xbox whenever I game share with my two friends and it keeps on removing itself when it's activated and just bugs the...
  8. I want to rate a game that I played but it says “you must own this product before rating.”.

in XboX Insiders
    I want to rate a game that I played but it says “you must own this product before rating.”.: thats because theepicgamer464 bought it, and they are accounts on the same console but I want to rate, Xbox please add you can rate that you played. pls! Plz! Plsz! Plzs! submitted by...
  9. Hello, I own an Xbox Series S. I cannot install it from my phone. Remote play is on, but I...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Hello, I own an Xbox Series S. I cannot install it from my phone. Remote play is on, but I...: Hello, I logged in to my Microsoft account from the Xbox application, then I clicked on the console section and it asked me to define it. I said to install it first. I got the TV code, but the...
  10. I'm Trying To play XCloud On My Phone And I Don't Own A Controller Can I Get Some Help PLZ

in XboX Insiders
    I'm Trying To play XCloud On My Phone And I Don't Own A Controller Can I Get Some Help PLZ: I Don't Have A Bluetooth Wireless Controller And I'm Tryin To Play Forza And A Lot Of Other Games Can You Guys Release Touch Adaptation Kit Or Email Me: nfssham@gmail.com Thank You So Much...