I did not renew my Xbox Gold subscription and now I can’t play games that I own the discs...

Discus and support I did not renew my Xbox Gold subscription and now I can’t play games that I own the discs... in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I recently did the Xbox Gold free trial on my Xbox Series X and it ran out yesterday. I did not resubscribe. Now when I try to open Fallout 4, the disc... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by witchmark, Oct 22, 2022.

1. witchmark
    witchmark Guest

I did not renew my Xbox Gold subscription and now I can’t play games that I own the discs...

I recently did the Xbox Gold free trial on my Xbox Series X and it ran out yesterday. I did not resubscribe. Now when I try to open Fallout 4, the disc of which I won and is currently in the correct orientation in the Xbox, it says I have to renew my Xbox Gold subscription. Is this some strange tactic to get me to renew my subscription? Or a glitch?

Edit: I completely restarted the Xbox, did a hard reset, twice. So it’s not that.

:)

witchmark, Oct 22, 2022
  2. Francia J. Win User

I did not renew my Xbox Gold subscription and now I can’t play games that I own the discs for without resubscribing

Indeed. Sorry for the confusion I have generalized it with your other games as well.

Kindly set your console to offline before re-launching Fallout 4.

Settings > General > Network Settings > Go Offline.
  3. witchmark Win User

I did not renew my Xbox Gold subscription and now I can’t play games that I own the discs for without resubscribing

Fallout 4 is not an online multiplayer game.
  4. Francia J. Win User

Hi, I hope you're doing great out there. I am an Independent advisor and I am here to help you in regard to your concern.

Just a friendly reminder though that to play an online multiplayer game an Xbox Live Gold subscription is required, Witchmark.
  5. king Clash Win User

Free Microsoft points with Gold renewal

it was an on line promotion when i turned on my Xbox, the message said: renew you gold subscription and receive 400 Microsoft points, i did this(some time ago now) but never received the points... I renewed for 14 months, and my gold subscription ends in
    march 2013 i think...
  6. BahnStormer77 Win User

i cancelled my game pass subscription and now i can’t play games i own

bear in mind that some games require you to pay for xbox Live, even if you're already bought the game.... and even if that game is free to play after purchase everywhere else.... it's basically an xbox tax...
Thema:

1. I did not renew my Xbox Gold subscription and now I can’t play games that I own the discs... - Similar Threads - did renew Gold

2. Why did Xbox stop responding to my reports and stop me from making posts?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why did Xbox stop responding to my reports and stop me from making posts?: Everytime I’ve tried to report someone, nothing happens, but when they report me for calling them “stupid” or “a bot” I get a strike. I also can’t make looking for group posts on my main account....
  3. why did when i sign in xbox on website its always signing me out

in XBoX on Windows
    why did when i sign in xbox on website its always signing me out: need answer asap,i want to link my xbox account with epic games 21df864d-bf4f-48f5-8531-995db56d7c12
  4. Question for you guys. I am not currently an insider, Did they remove use TV remote

in XboX Insiders
    Question for you guys. I am not currently an insider, Did they remove use TV remote: I was an insider. I have been on and off over 6 or 7 years. I joined last around the time the new dashboard was released to the public. I noticed a new setting that would allow you to control your...
  5. Can some one explain what I did wrong here?

in XBoX on Windows
    Can some one explain what I did wrong here?: Name of Ark server: ark savages. It's a 4 man tribe molded ark server. I posted "Ark savages 4 man come try it out" My account got banned. I've been with xbox live for over 15 years never had...
  6. Prior to the update, why did random videos from my Xbox get deleted?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Prior to the update, why did random videos from my Xbox get deleted?: I know about that big stupid update that Microsoft decided to implement, that’s not the question here. The question is, I have a video capture from Battlefield 3 from way back, but not from a...
  7. Why did my account turn on auto-renew of Xbox Live subscription?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why did my account turn on auto-renew of Xbox Live subscription?: For some reason, I ran out of balance in prepaid money in my account because Xbox Live Gold turned back on while I was away for a few months. I cancelled it before I signed off a while ago and yet...
  8. My Xbox One is telling me to renew my gold, but I did a few days ago.

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox One is telling me to renew my gold, but I did a few days ago.: My gold ran out a couple of months ago, but I recently found out that Microsoft was giving me a month for free after clicking "renew" on the subscriptions page. Everything had worked. I was able...
  9. Cannot disable auto renew that I did NOT ask for.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Cannot disable auto renew that I did NOT ask for.: Thats right. Microsoft is making me auto renew. Not only that, but I cannot remove it without calling them. I'm too scared to call them because i'm sure I'd screw it up. Do you guys have any...
  10. Xbox live trial on Xbox One did not renew for xbox 360 (same account)

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox live trial on Xbox One did not renew for xbox 360 (same account): I used a Xbox live 2 day trial (that i actually really need right now) on my Xbox one and seeming Xbox live gold is usually shared to xbox 360 on the same account i assumed the trial would do the...