I currently have Xbox Live Gold & Xbox Game Pass. Do I need both?

Discus and support I currently have Xbox Live Gold & Xbox Game Pass. Do I need both? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I have a subscription to both Xbox Live Gold & Xbox Game Pass. Do I need both? c3ed3914-12dc-4f37-bbae-b8148e1bb556 Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by ellabmax, Dec 29, 2019.

1. ellabmax
    ellabmax Guest

I have a subscription to both Xbox Live Gold & Xbox Game Pass. Do I need both?

:)

ellabmax, Dec 29, 2019
  2. Airyrose666 Win User

I would suggest upgrading to Game Pass Ultimate. Ultimate includes Gold, Game Pass for the console, it's cheaper than purchasing Gold and Game Pass separately.
  3. NaZoooom Win User

Hi ellabmax,

That depends both are 2 different services:

Live Gold allows you to play online games, it gives you Games with Gold (monthly games) and discounts in the store.

GamePass is the month subscription service that allows you to play games that have been added to the service. There are some amazing games as well as Microsoft Studio first party games being launched day one on the service.

Xbox Gamepass Ultimate is Live & GamePass in one monthly payment

Do you need both, I guess only you have the answer to that question :)
  4. Jefe Jonny Win User

Depends on whst you are wanting to play
  5. Jefe Jonny Win User

You don't need both to olsy online xbox live gives access to online games and deas.
  6. Smwutches Win User

Gold lets you play online.

Game Pass gives you access to a game library so you can play games without having to purchase them and gives you discounts on those games if you decide you do want to purchase them to keep.

So they are 2 different subscriptions. You don't necessarily need either. If you do decide to keep both, I would suggest upgrading to Game Pass Ultimate. Ultimate includes Gold, Game Pass for the console, and Game Pass for PC and is cheaper than purchasing
    Gold and Game Pass separately.
Thema:

1. I currently have Xbox Live Gold & Xbox Game Pass. Do I need both? - Similar Threads - currently Live Gold

2. Can I redeem a Xbox Live 24 Month Gold game code before my current membership has expired?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can I redeem a Xbox Live 24 Month Gold game code before my current membership has expired?: Can I redeem a Xbox Live 24 Month Gold game code before my current membership has expired? I am getting a message that it will be converted to a shorted time span, doesn't make sense...
  3. Can I upgrade to game pass ultimate after my current Live Gold Membership runs out?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can I upgrade to game pass ultimate after my current Live Gold Membership runs out?: I currently have a 3 month xbox live gold subscription which I got to play games like Garden Warfare on my 360. Today I got a Series X and want to know if I can upgrade to Game Pass Ultimate after...
  4. Xbox Live Gold Code on a current Xbox Game Pass Ultimate

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Xbox Live Gold Code on a current Xbox Game Pass Ultimate: Hello, I bought 3 years of Xbox Live Gold and couldn't redeem the third code (cause I had 2 years and 2 months) but nonetheless I upgraded to Game Pass Ultimate (because I was scared it won't be...
  5. What happens to current games if revert to Xbox Live Gold from Ultimate Game Pass

in XBoX Games and Apps
    What happens to current games if revert to Xbox Live Gold from Ultimate Game Pass: We are not taking full advantage of the Ultimate Game Pass and I want to revert to only Xbox Live Gold to save money. What, if anything, will happen to my son's games if I do that? Will he retain...
  6. Current Xbox Live Gold pass, unable to launch any downloaded games, getting error 0x803f900a

in XBoX on Consoles
    Current Xbox Live Gold pass, unable to launch any downloaded games, getting error 0x803f900a: The only game that runs is Roblox. All currently free-to-play games with this month's Gold Pass do not launch, instead bring up a message box with the error: Sign in or renew the...
  7. MS website says my live gold subscription is current until August, Xbox One contradicts ...

in XBoX on Consoles
    MS website says my live gold subscription is current until August, Xbox One contradicts ...: So for the past several months I've had my Live Gold subscription linked to my debit card with no problems until this past week just after the payment came through from my bank. I can apparently...
  8. I have a current, active Xbox Live Gold membership that expires in 4 months, can I stack this ...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I have a current, active Xbox Live Gold membership that expires in 4 months, can I stack this ...: I posted first in the wrong section. I currently have an active subscription to Xbox Live Gold 12 months and recently purchased another 12 month code to stack on top of it but I get an error...
  9. Current XBox Live Gold 12M membership in good standing, website access doesn't work.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Current XBox Live Gold 12M membership in good standing, website access doesn't work.: I am currently able to download the free "GAMES WITH GOLD" stuff (excluding the 360 games for some reason) from the console. However when I log into the website, no matter what when I go to the...
  10. This current profile is not allowed to play on Xbox LIVE - COD Black OPS II - I have gold, Any ...

in XBoX on Consoles
    This current profile is not allowed to play on Xbox LIVE - COD Black OPS II - I have gold, Any ...: Trying to play on live but it will not let me. 1 month free trial if that changes anything. Just renewed today and took the 1 month free trial option(why not right?) Any help appreciated...