I checked my birthday and it's correct but I'm still a child?

Discus and support I checked my birthday and it's correct but I'm still a child? in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; lam 21. My birthday is correct on my account I just checked. But for some reason I'm still a child account and I cannot figure out how to change... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Bree Nicole, Jan 21, 2023.

1. Bree Nicole
    Bree Nicole Guest

lam 21. My birthday is correct on my account I just

checked. But for some reason I'm still a child

account and I cannot figure out how to change that.

Can anyone help? I'm so confused on how it can

clearly see I'm a 2001 baby but still the past 3 years

I've been an adult it's considered me a kid:/

I have checked, my birthday on my account IS correct. I’m not sure what to do here. I want full control over my account without having to switch profiles every time.

:)

Bree Nicole, Jan 21, 2023
  2. John P_14 Win User

I understand. Since it is still a child account, you need to use an adult (organizer) account from your Family Group to manage your account restrictions and Privacy Settings.
  3. Bree Nicole Win User

I want to make it where I can control everything without having to log into a parent account. The birthday on my account has never been changed.. however I was only 15 when I first created my account which is why it was child locked down. I just don’t know why it’s still locked down. I want to be able to make full use of my Xbox. :)
  4. John P_14 Win User

Hi and thanks for reaching out. I hope you’re doing well. I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft user like you and I'll be happy to help you.

It may be possible that the original date of birth set on your account is for a child account. Just a friendly reminder, changing the date of birth registered on our account will not help us since the system only recognizes the first date of birth registered on our account.

May I know why would you like to manage your account? Are you trying to change your Privacy Settings?
  5. RainingRoses Win User

Hello,

Do you get redirected to the following page when trying to adjust your privacy settings? Your access would be prevented or limited/restricted for the possible reasons highlighted here:

Why can’t I change my privacy settings? | Xbox Support

As explained in the above guide, if you’re currently in a Microsoft Family, you may need to leave (you can always rejoin) as the system might still be considering you a child if a parent/guardian applied parental controls on your account before you became an adult. Refer to:

Leave family group or remove members - Microsoft Support

Additional support resources regarding Microsoft Family settings and features are included here:

Family & online safety | Xbox Support

Microsoft Family help - Microsoft Support

Hope this helps.
  6. LueNing Win User

How to change the Xbox privacy settings when I'm not in a Microsoft family, but kept getting redirected to the page "Why can’t I change my privacy settings?"

Thanks for your quick response to my question, I really appreciate the efficiency :)

I understand that my account might be a child account, but are there any ways to make sure about that? It would be great if every single Microsoft users can check whether their account is a child one or an adult one by themselves.

I'm 18 years old now, and in my region (which is Taiwan), I'm surely an adult. I've checked the birthday in my account settings and it is correct. However, my account still seems to remain a child one(?

Please tell me how to change my account into an adult one. And also, tell me if there's any way to check whether my account is a child one or an adult one. Thanks.
Thema:

1. I checked my birthday and it's correct but I'm still a child? - Similar Threads - checked birthday correct

2. Why when I go into the gamepass quests area it says “ We can't check for quests right now”...

in XBoX on Windows
    Why when I go into the gamepass quests area it says “ We can't check for quests right now”...: Why when I go into the gamepass quests area it says “ We can't check for quests right now” but when I got into my back up account it works perfectly? 210c2e1d-b065-40b4-957f-8e6c59731f4f
  3. https://guns.lol/MYPUNCHESk Check it out

in XboX Insiders
    https://guns.lol/MYPUNCHESk Check it out: All my socials.. submitted by /u/DelayFirm5153 [link] [comments]
  4. Hi xbox staff, Check this out before it's too late

in XboX Insiders
    Hi xbox staff, Check this out before it's too late: Look at this, and give me answer. When you get into handheld consoles, you have a lot of resources now, while SONY will put some of its games on PC. You just change it to Xbox and use Xbox Game...
  5. Whenever I try to check my messages it says “We can’t get all of your messages right now....

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Whenever I try to check my messages it says “We can’t get all of your messages right now....: I’ve tried resetting my Xbox and hard turning it on and off. dfdb2707-7708-4ab8-9eff-c2cdcd990d69
  6. How to check when a Minecraft Java key was activated?

in XBoX on Windows
    How to check when a Minecraft Java key was activated?: I recently bought a key for minecraft java edition for PC, which the key claimed to have already been used when it was entered,, and the place I purchased it from insists they cannot give me a...
  7. Check the info you entered. It doesn't match the info for this card.

in XBoX on Windows
    Check the info you entered. It doesn't match the info for this card.: I am trying to add a card as a new payment method on my Microsoft account, but it doesn’t work. It marks the name in red and displays ”Check the info you entered. It doesn’t match the info for...
  8. Samsung Q80C keeps saying "check device power"

in XBoX on Consoles
    Samsung Q80C keeps saying "check device power": I have a new 55"q80C samsung 4k, I get a blue check mark for the xbox HDMI source but a red power button beside it even though the console is on and the tv keeps telling me to check device power....
  9. want to find out how to check my old bannings

in XBoX on Consoles
    want to find out how to check my old bannings: I had quite a few enforcements from the past and want to check them a231803e-3890-4513-bb52-69755083c347
  10. No servers found, I have checked all the internet settings and found no problems

in XBoX Accessibility
    No servers found, I have checked all the internet settings and found no problems: No servers found, checked all internet and found no problems c9e42432-e7f2-4a71-8fdf-1cdf5ee49744