I changed my name on Xbox one and it won’t allow me to play backward compatible games.

Discus and support I changed my name on Xbox one and it won’t allow me to play backward compatible games. in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I recently changed my name on the Xbox one and that caused me to not be able to play backward compatible games anymore. Every time I would run the... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by TheNightlyStorm, Apr 21, 2018.

1. I changed my name on Xbox one and it won’t allow me to play backward compatible games.

I recently changed my name on the Xbox one and that caused me to not be able to play backward compatible games anymore. Every time I would run the game, it would immediately sign me out and give a “Disconnected to Xbox Live” every time. I tried signing
    back in via the Xbox 360 menu and it would do the same thing. I tried changing my name to it’s original name to see if it would work and it doesn’t work either

:)

TheNightlyStorm, Apr 21, 2018
  2. L2P Alva
    L2P Alva Guest
    Cant play online backwards compatible

I recently purchased a membership to play online. My xbox one games allow me to play online but my backwards compatible games dont allow me to play online. Ive tried multiple games including black ops 2 and it says your profile is not allowed to play online.
    Help me please.

L2P Alva, Apr 21, 2018
  3. LoveParadox
    LoveParadox Guest
    Hexic Hd and Fallout 3 dlc unable to download and hexic wont show up

I have had hexic hd for free full version on my xbox when I bought it it will not show up for download to xbox one even though is backwards compatible and I have fallout 3 game of the year and it will not take the dlc from the disc is the dlc not backwards
    compatible yet please help me fix these problems I want to play theses game but it will not allow me to one xbox one any help would be appreciated im from usa gamertag

LoveParadox, Apr 21, 2018
  4. I changed my name on Xbox one and it won’t allow me to play backward compatible games.

Hi,

Try this:

1. Press the Xbox button
      to open the guide.

Note Double-tapping the Xbox button will open the guide from any other screen on the console.
    2. Select Settings.
    3. Select All settings.
    4. Select System and then select Storage.
    5. Select Clear local Xbox 360 storage.

Obsessive Power, Apr 21, 2018
  5. MissEdi
    MissEdi Guest
    Hi there, TheNightlyStorm!

Were you able to try out the steps that Obsessive Power outlined previously? If so and you are still encountering this error, then we'd recommend

removing your profile
    from the console and then
    power cycle

Let us know if these steps help to resolve this issue, or if you have any other support questions that we can assist with.

MissEdi, Nov 2, 2018
  6. MissEdi Win User

I changed my name on Xbox one and it won’t allow me to play backward compatible games.

Hi there, TheNightlyStorm!

Were you able to try out the steps that Obsessive Power outlined previously? If so and you are still encountering this error, then we'd recommend

removing your profile
    from the console and then
    power cycle

Let us know if these steps help to resolve this issue, or if you have any other support questions that we can assist with.
  7. Obsessive Power Win User

Hi,

Try this:

1. Press the Xbox button
      to open the guide.

Note Double-tapping the Xbox button will open the guide from any other screen on the console.
    2. Select Settings.
    3. Select All settings.
    4. Select System and then select Storage.
    5. Select Clear local Xbox 360 storage.
  8. XBF Brad A Win User

Backward Compatibilitiy

Hello Memphis,

There are a lot of factors that come into play when making a game backward compatible. The main one is the developers allowing it to become backward compatible. So if the developer is not around any longer or has changed names or merged it is hard to get
    the game backward compatible. You may message the developer of the game and let them know that you want it to become backward compatible.

Thanks,

Brad
  9. VasiliyTerkin Win User

LEGO® Lord of the Rings™ xbox 360 not visible in ready to install section

Only games on the backwards compatibility list will play on the One. That game is not listed.
    https://majornelson.com/blog/xbox-one-backward-compatibility/
    Thanks for the link. It is strange that MS let me buy the game not compatible with my console. I guess there is no refund allowed in this situation?
  10. RazorwavePro Win User

xbox 360 emulator for Xbox One X

Hey JimCenter, I think you may be referring to Backwards Compatibility which was announced in late 2015. It allows you to play select Xbox 360 games on the Xbox One consoles.

Xbox One backward compatibility FAQ
Thema:

1. I changed my name on Xbox one and it won’t allow me to play backward compatible games. - Similar Threads - changed name won’t

2. Name Change of Xbox Live, it makes buying the right product hard

in XboX Insiders
    Name Change of Xbox Live, it makes buying the right product hard: The name change of the Xbox Live Gold subscription just makes it hard to differentiate Xbox Game Pass and (the old) Xbox live. it made me mess up and lose my money on it submitted by...
  3. Do any of y’all know why I haven’t received a free name change?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Do any of y’all know why I haven’t received a free name change?: Gamertag is not free for my first time 24d80f9b-b61d-4a64-8811-83285f8f35cc
  4. How do i change my minecraft name without waiting 30 days

in XBoX Accessibility
    How do i change my minecraft name without waiting 30 days: recently i changed my name to something inappropriate but i did not realise that it was inappropriate until i got banned from a server then looked at the reason ive been told to contact support...
  5. someone hacked and changed my minecraft account name

in XBoX Accessibility
    someone hacked and changed my minecraft account name: Some spy broke into my computer and changed the name of my Minecraft Java account, I can't revert it or change it again (because of the 30 days), it's a rare name, and I can't contact support on...
  6. I changed my username and my old name shows up in party chat, the new continues to show up...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I changed my username and my old name shows up in party chat, the new continues to show up...: I am on xbox one s and yesterday i changed my name after 2 years. I did not use the classic custom gamertag option and after i changed it it updated it in all of my games but when i am in a party...
  7. How to change your old gaming tag name

in XBoX on Consoles
    How to change your old gaming tag name: How change back your old gamingtag name a0eed571-9922-4033-a945-d02be4d8e55a
  8. Minecraft in-game name change

in XBoX Accessibility
    Minecraft in-game name change: Yesterday, at about 9pm, I'v changed my in-game name in Minecraft on PC. Is it possible to change it back to the previous name without waiting 30 days? 433877fe-e28c-4078-819d-7d272e0ac032
  9. Name change

in XBoX Accessibility
    Name change: Hey ,I changed my name tag they took the money but still no name change 8fa6cd7f-fbbf-4bbe-9eca-f17a0029b38c
  10. So i made a xbox account and i choose my name and i haven’t changed it but it won’t let me...

in XBoX Accessibility
    So i made a xbox account and i choose my name and i haven’t changed it but it won’t let me...: So i made a xbox account and i choose my name and i haven’t changed it but it won’t let me change my gamertag please help me 418eb6b4-cdc6-4a0c-b77a-c5667bf879ce